76ers @ Suns Sunday game thread 3-27-2022

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Joel Embiid on the Suns: "They’re the best team in the league for a reason. They deep. They got a bunch of great players that play well together. They’re connected in everything they do, offensively and defensively. They don’t give up. That’s why they’re the best team in the league."
i couldn't have said it any better -- well perhaps a little better grammatically, as long as punctuation doesn't count

of the teams i've been a fan of over 50 years, this is turning out to be one of the best seasons, by one of the best teams, playing the best brand of basketball, and it couldn't happen to a better group of guys

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been saying that all season. To have never lost a game when leading going into the fourth - in 45 games - is incredibly impressive. Even in games we were trailing we’ve won more than half (16-14).
This team's belief that the 4th quarter is theirs no matter who they play is amazing. They are telling the league you better be up big in the 3rd or you are not winning.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
They want to deny all confidence to any team they might face in the playoffs. I watched local Philly media talking about this game and they were taking it as a POSITIVE. I lived in Philly for four years, that is not a typical Philly take. They were saying that this game showed they can hang close to the Suns, and should be encouraging for the playoffs.

That is just whistling in the dark. The Suns had no reasonable motivation to win, and pulled away in the fourth like they always do, while Philly is battling for playoff position in the east.

You know you have arrived when the top team in the opposing conference is spinning a loss against you a positive because it wasn't more than 10 points.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They want to deny all confidence to any team they might face in the playoffs. I watched local Philly media talking about this game and they were taking it as a POSITIVE. I lived in Philly for four years, that is not a typical Philly take. They were saying that this game showed they can hang close to the Suns, and should be encouraging for the playoffs.

That is just whistling in the dark. The Suns had no reasonable motivation to win, and pulled away in the fourth like they always do, while Philly is battling for playoff position in the east.

You know you have arrived when the top team in the opposing conference is spinning a loss against you a positive because it wasn't more than 10 points.
I'm gonna disagree JC. If it was any other team, maybe. But the fact is that the Sixers have only beaten the Mavs as far as "good" teams go since JH came on board. After getting annihilated by Brooklyn, we have been clamoring for a good showing. I'm not happy about the loss because we failed to adjust to JH struggling and it cost us. We were there at the half, and just stunk it up afterwards. But at the end of the day, all of the people that I watched the game with took solace in that we weren't ran off the floor, as the Suns have been known to do at times. I'm no dummy. You guys are as good a team as I have seen in years. The Celtics are playing out of world ball as well, but PHX is about that life.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm gonna disagree JC. If it was any other team, maybe. But the fact is that the Sixers have only beaten the Mavs as far as "good" teams go since JH came on board. After getting annihilated by Brooklyn, we have been clamoring for a good showing. I'm not happy about the loss because we failed to adjust to JH struggling and it cost us. We were there at the half, and just stunk it up afterwards. But at the end of the day, all of the people that I watched the game with took solace in that we weren't ran off the floor, as the Suns have been known to do at times. I'm no dummy. You guys are as good a team as I have seen in years. The Celtics are playing out of world ball as well, but PHX is about that life.
Ha. You are saying you disagree, but then your entire post sounds like we are saying the same thing. Maybe, the main point is that you don't think the Sixers are as good as I am giving them credit for?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book is such a gangsta but he can do betrer than datin a kardashian... lol just jkin least hes seeing cutest 1
I get why some of these guys like a Kardashian. First of all, the one he is dating seems like the sanest of the bunch. But the bigger issue is that they have their own money, so he doesn't have to worry about some girl just being a gold digger.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get why some of these guys like a Kardashian. First of all, the one he is dating seems like the sanest of the bunch. But the bigger issue is that they have their own money, so he doesn't have to worry about some girl just being a gold digger.
Technically she is a Jenner. She has no Kardashian blood in her. Just sayin.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were without key pieces as well CJ and McGee will be formidable part of this team in the playoffs. Having backup capable bigs is gonna be huge in the playoffs. Philly should battle it out in the east and honestly I would rather play them than the Bucks, the Bucks just seem to be a terrible matchup for us, although I think we would win a series with them now that we have more bigs to knock Giannis around more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were without key pieces as well CJ and McGee will be formidable part of this team in the playoffs. Having backup capable bigs is gonna be huge in the playoffs. Philly should battle it out in the east and honestly I would rather play them than the Bucks, the Bucks just seem to be a terrible matchup for us, although I think we would win a series with them now that we have more bigs to knock Giannis around more.
Yeah. The Bucks just have so much size and shooting, plus title winning confidence, specifically against us. Not to mention Giannis, who is playing at living legend level right now.

I think we’d beat them in a Finals repeat, but it would be a dogfight, IMO.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ha. You are saying you disagree, but then your entire post sounds like we are saying the same thing. Maybe, the main point is that you don't think the Sixers are as good as I am giving them credit for?
No, I'm sorry if I misconstrued what you were originally trying to say. I thought you were saying that we as Sixers fans are being disingenuous when we say that we were somewhat satisfied at playing the Suns close. I'm reluctantly in that category, as are many of the Sixers fans I've talked with. I definitely think we're good. Suns good? Not so sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose