Suns @ Nuggets Thursday 3-24-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the post game show Devin Booker called it the wear down effect on how the Suns come back to beat these teams.

Teams throw their best punches at the Suns early but it takes a full game to beat them.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Holy crap, I almost stopped watching after the first half. Denver played as well as a team could possibly play, and the Suns managed to win comfortably.

Booker is, at this point, an MVP-level player. We all know he can score, but at this point he is also a solid defensive player.

Paul played well- he did a good job. Team looked a little bit out of sync, but that's normal.

Bridges continues to amaze me, and Ayton just did a great job on Jokic.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh man, what a game. Worried by what I saw from CP3 tonight though, just doesn't look himself.

Phoenix was in the bonus and I didn't see a single rip-through move.

Hope he figures it out before the playoffs.
It’s his first game in 5 weeks….if 17 and 13 is a bad game, who knows what his good will look like. Playing at altitude and then second night of a B2B had to expect some rough patches. But when it comes to winning time, we moved the ball really well and got good shots. I just hope he really is 100% because I don’t want him aggravating that thumb.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This Just in! The Suns are an ok team they may cause some teams some trouble in the playoffs. I heard the announcers in the grizzly's game say the grizz were the best team in the NBA. and earlier in the year Candice Parker says the NBA championship is the warriors to lose. because no one has beaten them when they are all healthy. the ridiculous comments that come from the talking heads and media is just crazy talk!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy crap, I almost stopped watching after the first half. Denver played as well as a team could possibly play, and the Suns managed to win comfortably.

Booker is, at this point, an MVP-level player. We all know he can score, but at this point he is also a solid defensive player.

Paul played well- he did a good job. Team looked a little bit out of sync, but that's normal.

Bridges continues to amaze me, and Ayton just did a great job on Jokic.
He has become an excellent defensive player. It just solid.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s his first game in 5 weeks….if 17 and 13 is a bad game, who knows what his good will look like. Playing at altitude and then second night of a B2B had to expect some rough patches. But when it comes to winning time, we moved the ball really well and got good shots. I just hope he really is 100% because I don’t want him aggravating that thumb.

I wish Monty would have brought Paul back slower, having him come off the bench for a couple of games. At least until they can practice with him back. I'm not surprised he didn't and Paul looked pretty good but I think his numbers were much better than his play was. He'll be fine in a week or so but he was thrown in the deep-end, for sure.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has become an excellent defensive player. It just solid.

I've never seen someone go from bad defender to good like Booker has. He went from being bad the first 3-4 years of his career to below average in Monty's first year as coach, 2 years ago, to average in the bubble and through last season. This season he's been above average to quite good regularly.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish Monty would have brought Paul back slower, having him come off the bench for a couple of games. At least until they can practice with him back. I'm not surprised he didn't and Paul looked pretty good but I think his numbers were much better than his play was. He'll be fine in a week or so but he was thrown in the deep-end, for sure.
he was only out 5 weeks, he has been with the team leading them for 2 years they know how he plays and he knows his team, and the offense. he's been with the team the whole time. there is no deep end here. a little rust maybe. but it makes no sense putting him in with the 2nd unit when that would further hurt our Benches progress to work together as there own team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Offense looks off with Paul
I was thinking that too and then I just realized that it’s been a long time since I’ve watched the Paul-lead suns. This is what it looks like. Slower, more deliberate pace with the ball in Paul’s hands a bit. We played much faster without him. That’s fine bc we can dial up or down now. This team is sooooooo gooooood.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
On one play involving Jokic, Devin Booker said my ball and snatched it away. He willed the Suns to victory.
I was going to comment, there was like an 8 play span or something where I believe he just took the ball away from a nugget three times and on at least one muscled up an and one. His defense was glorious. He just completed the takeover of the game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turning point of the game:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This play and the play a few minutes earlier where Booker thought he got fouled attacking the hoop, in mid gripe with the ref proceeded to whip around and tear the ball away from Jokic and then toss an alley-oop to Ayton (who somehow seemed to know Booker was about to steal the ball), those 2 plays were incredible. Booker, twice in the span of a few minutes, out battling and out muscling the best big man in the NBA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose