MadCards 2022 Cardinals Mock Draft V1.0

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Combine over and the Cardinals taking care of their own in FA so far it's time for my mock draft. I don't expect any big FA signings this year. There just isn't enough cash to go around especially if they are going to eventually give Kyler a big payday. Look for a hand full of veteran players who sign the classic Keim Time 1 year prove it deals.

With that said it wouldn't be a MadCard's Mock if I didn't have them taking a WR early. I though for sure this would be the year that I could move away from the WR position but alas like a siren song it has called to me again.

You must be registered for see images attach

Round 1 Pick #23: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
6'1" 188lbs

Yep I couldn't resist. Olave is buttery smooth running his routes and combined with his elite speed it allows him to gain separation from DBs. On top of that he has a great pair of hands. Olave is an instant starter.

Round 2 Pick #55: Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
6' 200lbs

The Cards need help at CB and Gordon is a perfect fit. Gordon is an elite athlete but still is a little bit of a work in progress at CB. He has the size and strength to play press coverage.

Round 3 Pick #87: James Cook, RB, Georgia
5'11" 190lbs

Not Cpt James Cook the famous British Explore but James Cook the little brother of Dalvin Cook. Yes James is the younger brother of Dalvin but he clearly is small than Dalvin as well. With that said he has huge Big play ability. Cook is a shifty runner who would be a great replacement for Chase Edmonds.

Round 6 Pick #200: Christopher Allen, DE/OLB, Alabama
6'3" 243lbs

Physical specimen who looks the part but is very raw. A knee injury his Sophomore year and a foot injury last year have limited him some. I wouldn't expect much from him his first couple of years as he learns the ropes.

Round 6 Pick #216: Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa St
6'6" 320lbs

This monster of a man has had to overcome adversity early in his life. Academics were not a strong suit for Uwazurike and he was academically ineligible as a freshman. He spent most of that year in the academic center till late at night and by his senior year ended up being named to the academic all-conference team. He has since enrolled in a master program at Iowa St.

Round 7 Pick #242: Lecitus Smith, OG, Va Tech
6'3" 314lbs

Looked athletic for a big man at the Combine. However he was somewhat inconsistent at Virginia Tech. Could develop into a solid backup.

Round 7 Pick #257: Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston St
6'2" 200lbs

The Cardinals love his length. He is another late round project that won't see the field initially except for maybe on special teams. Didn't see great competition in the FCS. However he has the athletic ability to eventually develop into a starter.

Round 7 Pick #259: Collin Schooler, ILB, Texas Tech
6'3" 253lbs

Schooler transferred from Arizona to Texas Tech. He is an average at best athlete. However his football instincts are through the roof. Coaches will love him but the question remains if he has the athletic ability to play at the next level.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you tell us how 1-22 went in your mock draft for reference?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Number 1 overall through 22 overall. I would like to see who would have been available on the board when you made your first pick.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Combine over and the Cardinals taking care of their own in FA so far it's time for my mock draft. I don't expect any big FA signings this year. There just isn't enough cash to go around especially if they are going to eventually give Kyler a big payday. Look for a hand full of veteran players who sign the classic Keim Time 1 year prove it deals.

With that said it wouldn't be a MadCard's Mock if I didn't have them taking a WR early. I though for sure this would be the year that I could move away from the WR position but alas like a siren song it has called to me again.

Round 1 Pick #23: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
6'1" 188lbs

Yep I couldn't resist. Olave is buttery smooth running his routes and combined with his elite speed it allows him to gain separation from DBs. On top of that he has a great pair of hands. Olave is an instant starter.

Round 2 Pick #55: Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
6' 200lbs

The Cards need help at CB and Gordon is a perfect fit. Gordon is an elite athlete but still is a little bit of a work in progress at CB. He has the size and strength to play press coverage.

Round 3 Pick #87: James Cook, RB, Georgia
5'11" 190lbs

Not Cpt James Cook the famous British Explore but James Cook the little brother of Dalvin Cook. Yes James is the younger brother of Dalvin but he clearly is small than Dalvin as well. With that said he has huge Big play ability. Cook is a shifty runner who would be a great replacement for Chase Edmonds.

Round 6 Pick #200: Christopher Allen, DE/OLB, Alabama
6'3" 243lbs

Physical specimen who looks the part but is very raw. A knee injury his Sophomore year and a foot injury last year have limited him some. I wouldn't expect much from him his first couple of years as he learns the ropes.

Round 6 Pick #216: Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa St
6'6" 320lbs

This monster of a man has had to overcome adversity early in his life. Academics were not a strong suit for Uwazurike and he was academically ineligible as a freshman. He spent most of that year in the academic center till late at night and by his senior year ended up being named to the academic all-conference team. He has since enrolled in a master program at Iowa St.

Round 7 Pick #242: Lecitus Smith, OG, Va Tech
6'3" 314lbs

Looked athletic for a big man at the Combine. However he was somewhat inconsistent at Virginia Tech. Could develop into a solid backup.

Round 7 Pick #257: Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston St
6'2" 200lbs

The Cardinals love his length. He is another late round project that won't see the field initially except for maybe on special teams. Didn't see great competition in the FCS. However he has the athletic ability to eventually develop into a starter.

Round 7 Pick #259: Collin Schooler, ILB, Texas Tech
6'3" 253lbs

Schooler transferred from Arizona to Texas Tech. He is an average at best athlete. However his football instincts are through the roof. Coaches will love him but the question remains if he has the athletic ability to play at the next level.
Nice effort. Olave will be a necessity at this point so I hope he’s all that and more. I would hope we could draft the best pass rusher available in the second round. Not raw and not projects.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With no pass rush and run stop ability, our offense better be historic to keep up

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If he is there, I believe Olive would be the best value pick for us. I hate having to pick around 23rd in the first 3 rounds. It just seems like no man's land to me, where most of those available simply aren't worth that high of a pick. Olive being the exception in round 1 for us.

R2: I feel best value will likely be DL, either DT or DE/OLB. Unfortunately I feel the true starting CBs will be gone when we pick. The best we could hope for is a decent #2 or #3, possibly someone that really doesn't turn out to be much of a improvement over what we have had at CB. As much as I would like Olive, I would prefer that one of the much better CBs fall to us in R1 like Elam. I really question some of those CBs rated 6-10. A couple may standout, but its a coin flip as to who they might be.

I wouldn't mind the Houston CB Marcus Jones in the late rounds. He might be good for depth and as a decent slot CB and return man. He is fast and a good tackler, so should work well on special teams.

Would like to p/u the TT wr, Ezukanma in the late rounds if available. He is supposedly big and fast, yet unpolished. Sounds like a good project in molding a decent redzone WR.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good draft and write-up, I dig it, I'd just want to replace the 2nd round pick with an Edge (Bonitto), DL (Travis Jones) or OL (Tyler Smith) if available.

I have been looking at Cook in the 3rd also. He would be an excellent lightning to Conner's thunder.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice effort. Olave will be a necessity at this point so I hope he’s all that and more. I would hope we could draft the best pass rusher available in the second round. Not raw and not projects.
Just dont think Olave will be there.

He's safer Jameson Williams.

Im hoping for him or a Guard in the 1st round

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just dont think Olave will be there.

He's safer Jameson Williams.

Im hoping for him or a Guard in the 1st round

It's Olave or Zion Johnson in the first for me.
First two rounds have to be IOL and WR IMO...
Then in the third I'm looking for a long fast raw pass rusher...athletic freak with limited skills.... a guy we can teach over the next couple seasons