Lakers @ Suns Sunday game thread 3-13-2022

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Is that sarcasm? I hope so because most of the time he's choosing to not play defense and rumor has it there's two ends to the court. He's still a top 5 player on offense, but I'm not sure he's even top 20 all things considered.

Nope he’s still an extreme positive. If you want to make the case he’s not top-5 and maybe in the top-7/8 range I’d buy that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean he’s at worst the 5th best player in the league.

That’s great but that’s how he described the game to start

Suns Lakers tonight Lebron continues to play at a high level.

Not A word on how great the Suns are playing

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is that sarcasm? I hope so because most of the time he's choosing to not play defense and rumor has it there's two ends to the court. He's still a top 5 player on offense, but I'm not sure he's even top 20 all things considered.
But this isn’t about who the best is. It’s if he’s playing at a high level at age 37.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. You didn’t miss anything. RJ and the other guy couldn’t even come up with stuff to talk about so they talked about having nothing to talk about.

I was watching Bally Sports Arizona but moments of silence is not a bad thing.

It's nice to hear the sound of a basketball game once in awhile.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker talking about: "If if was a fifth, we'd all be drunk. ... "

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My favorite moment of the game was when LeBron drove the lane and Crowder just flat out ripped the ball out of his hands, just flat out bullied him.

We own this trash ass Laker team.
That was a remarkable steal. It looked like LeBron got Crowder up off of his feet and then Crowder just ripped it out of LeBron's hands while turning sideways in the air.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope he’s still an extreme positive. If you want to make the case he’s not top-5 and maybe in the top-7/8 range I’d buy that.

He's a master at racking up the counting stats but the point is to win the game and that's not happening. And he's a big part of why. He's teaching his co-workers to not play defense by frequently not playing defense. And I don't mean he occasionally plays bad defense, I mean he absolutely avoids playing defense (often).

Several times in every game I've watched since Davis went down, he's failed to run the court (or even walk it) to get back on defense and when he does get back instead of actually guarding someone or blocking someone out, he frequently takes a position out of the flow of the game and waits for the missed shot. He is not playing like a top 5 player right now despite the fact that he's clearly still capable of playing like a top 3 player when he chooses to do so.

If ESPN's RPM shows him as a top 5 player, it's a very flawed system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose