Suns @ Heat Wednesday game thread 3-9-2022

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The 2022 NBA Championship is ours to lose. Period.

Miami creamed us in January. We did this with 16 games left in the season. Much bigger win at this point if the season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Cam Payne's ankle will be okay.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Cam Payne's ankle will be okay.

Once the adrenaline wears off, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Payne out a couple games as the ankle swells on the flight hone.

Would be a shame to lose him right now because he’s playing his ass off.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Top 5 win of the year in my opinion. Second night of a back to back on the road where I think of a lot us chalked up as an L. No Butler for Miami, no CP or Cam J for us and Booker coming off health and safety protocols. That one was impressive. Especially after the poor start.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once the adrenaline wears off, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Payne out a couple games as the ankle swells on the flight hone.

Would be a shame to lose him right now because he’s playing his ass off.

Yeah, I hope not because he just returned from injury and his game is rolling.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top 5 win of the year in my opinion. Second night of a back to back on the road where I think of a lot us chalked up as an L. No Butler for Miami, no CP or Cam J for us and Booker coming off health and safety protocols. That one was impressive. Especially after the poor start.

Suns had this game highlighted on their schedule. It was personal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good clean Team win.
I honestly kind of thought this game would have been tougher than it was.

Suns not only took it to the Heat defensively and on the backboard but they got in their heads as well.

The Heat started missing layups and close-in shots.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
very proud of the 2nd half we played. great D, the rotations were awesome. we totally took Miami out of there game. Ayton and Shamet with three straight games of flat out ballin. rebounding has helped tremendously. great to see book back. mikal played great. just praying for good health the rest of the season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says the Suns wanted this win bad to prove a point.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This is wrong, maybe he meant in Miami but the Suns beat them by 20 last year and even if he means over 20 point wins the Suns throttled them at least once with the Nash led teams where they were up by ~40 at half and won by nearly ~30.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
That was an incredible performance in the second half. Defense and effort were just incredible. When they play like this, they are impossible to beat.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stoked as I am to see us not only steady the ship, but cruise full steam ahead, this stretch has also given me hope for the post-CP3 future that we could have a ten year run of success ahead of us. That might not mean title contention every year, but this nucleus and coaching staff have staying power if Sarver ponies up the $$$ to let them stay together.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As stoked as I am to see us not only steady the ship, but cruise full steam ahead, this stretch has also given me hope for the post-CP3 future that we could have a ten year run of success ahead of us. That might not mean title contention every year, but this nucleus and coaching staff have staying power if Sarver ponies up the $$$ to let them stay together.
Not saying he's the PGOF but I gotta give some "flowers" to Cam Payne. He's turning into a confident, reliable PG in CP3s absence.
We need to do everything possible to keep Book, DA, Bridges and the Cams.
And the Monte of course.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not saying he's the PGOF but I gotta give some "flowers" to Cam Payne. He's turning into a confident, reliable PG in CP3s absence.
We need to do everything possible to keep Book, DA, Bridges and the Cams.
And the Monte of course.
Yup Payne, at 27, isn’t as young as the core, but he’s young enough to bridge the gap from Paul to eventual PGOTF while remaining extremely competitive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... Jalen now averaging 13/8 on 56% shooting and 41.9% from 3 on 4 attempts per game.

Halliburton at 19/9/5 on 48/42.

Bummer we could had one of those guys and have neither. Both coulda been nice pieces in the present and future.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This may have been my favorite win of the year. We started off horribly. So many unforced turnovers and terrible defense on the 3 ball and in transition. But we battled back and fought hard to actually be up a deuce at half. Then we just workmanlike put them outta their misery in the second half.

Ayton was fantastic. Everyone hit the boards, crushing the heat there. That’s where we will have a big advantage on them every time we play them. Bridges and book and Ayton and mcgee with big rebound #s. Nice to see return of mcgee and book just play a supremely confident game within himself.

Barring Paul setback or other unlucky health this team is taking it all this year.