Knicks @ Suns Friday game thread 3-4-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the knick players staring in disbelief!
It’s a scene we’ve unfortunately witnessed Suns players suffer through countless times over the years.

Nice to be on this side of things for once!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is more deserving of a max deal than Ayton. I have a bad feeling about his upcoming extension. The way he's played this year I believe his camp will seek a similar deal to Mikal. I think he's earned it, I just hope we pay it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They gotta win this thing for Al, if no one else this year.

OOOOOOOOHHHH BROTHER!!!!

Was great to hear him call that. Made me feel like a kid again.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is more deserving of a max deal than Ayton. I have a bad feeling about his upcoming extension. The way he's played this year I believe his camp will seek a similar deal to Mikal. I think he's earned it, I just hope we pay it.
Ayton is worth the Max 99% of the time.
Sadly the Suns are that last 1%.
FACT He is without a doubt THE best center the Suns have ever had. It's not even close.
He's ours. Get over it.
He's not going anywhere unless we could land a BIG return.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s not going too.

remember he was really good almost every playoff game. That’s what really matters.
That’s the thing though….I know the playoffs are the biggest moments but as a guy who wants a max, you should never be questioned on your effort on a nightly basis. He wasn’t even boxing out. Robinson annihilated him on the boards. That’s a mindset. And it’s all mental, because the talent is CLEARLY there. The way Ayton played against Giannis earlier this year, he could do that every night, regardless of matchup.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly I feel kinda bad for the Knicks players not named Randle. They’re terrible but played their asses off.
they played really good defense most of the night! I'm a little surprised we handled it so well.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the thing though….I know the playoffs are the biggest moments but as a guy who wants a max, you should never be questioned on your effort on a nightly basis. He wasn’t even boxing out. Robinson annihilated him on the boards. That’s a mindset. And it’s all mental, because the talent is CLEARLY there. The way Ayton played against Giannis earlier this year, he could do that every night, regardless of matchup.

Yeah, with how well Ayton does against the Giannis' and the Jokic's of the league, there is no excuse for scrubs to have great nights against the Suns.

Ayton plays up the level of our opponents when needed but far too often he plays down to their level as well.

Reactions: Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Ayton had a piss poor game. I’m a fan and I think he’s great for this team but I can’t defend that performance tonight. But he’s got way more on the positive side of the ledger for me so we move on.

And Cam! Wow! My daughter and I were watching this and we both got up yelling and I was running laps around the house like a youngster. I’m so happy for Cam. Such a great dude and has turned out to be a hell of a player.

Love this team. They are incredibly likable guys and you can see the love they have for each other and the synergy they have with Monty and the staff as well.

Feed me more. Haha. Tough games coming up. Gotta at least get that Orlando game. Hopefully Book is back for the Miami game.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Yeah, with how well Ayton does against the Giannis' and the Jokic's of the league, there is no excuse for scrubs to have great nights against the Suns.

Ayton plays up the level of our opponents when needed but far too often he plays down to their level as well.
This. It’s frustrating at times when he doesn’t bring it against lesser competition but he’s stepped it against some of the league’s best when it matters most.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was there, in person, and I am jealous of anyone who listened to this ending on the radio. Seeing it with my own eyes didn't seem real, it took several seconds of looking at the score, then looking at the clock for it to sink in... but hearing that call by Al McCoy... I am a kid again, filled with the belief that we will win, at all costs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is his problem

In the two biggest games of the year for us that first Warriors game and the Bucks game the entire NBA world was watching and he flat out dominated

But then he craps the bed like tonight. No doubt the talent is there the drive isn’t

If you can sign and trade him this off season you do it defense be damned

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point if Ayton wants to walk I'm like hmmmmm what could we get in return?
Don't get me wrong I LOVE that kid I really do. I hope he's a Sun for efing ever.
BUT...

I try to not overreact during game threads but dang. He let Mitchell Robinson and others outwork him all night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson was 11-16 from the field and 9-12 from 3-point range for 38 points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t catch the game but what the hell happened? Not the buzzer shot but the whole game. How did we almost drop a game to the knicks?

In short the Suns didn't rebound and play defense. They were outrebounded 49-33.

Suns needed Ayton to defend the middle and rebound. It wasn't happening. The same for McGee, Craig and Biyombo.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not just weak opponents where he disappears, it's against any team that decides to punish us for his switching on the perimeter. It looks like lack of effort, and sometimes it is, but all too often it's just our clueless big guy outside trying to figure out what to do.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It turns out the Suns needed a center afterall and they traded him away for a bag of chips.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are healthy and we are missing our 2 best players.
We were missing our 3 best players or at least it seemed like it. Of course with the way Bridges and CJ are playing, it's tough to call DA one of our 3 best players. Or one of our 4 best players for that matter.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
We were missing our 3 best players or at least it seemed like it. Of course with the way Bridges and CJ are playing, it's tough to call DA one of our 3 best players. Or one of our 4 best players for that matter.
The way DA has been playing of late he’s barely in the top 5. Paying your 5th best player the max seems a bit egregious, but hopefully he puts his vape pen down and starts to focus.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Props to Payne. He has his flaws and always has mistakes BUT he is our third best guard behind Book and cp3. Glad to have him back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can Julius Randle be consistently allowed to lower his shoulder into the defender.

It should be a foul every time it happens. This is what happens when the referees ignore it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It turns out the Suns needed a center afterall and they traded him away for a bag of chips.
Are we going to have read this on every game thread? I mean, he's gone. And he's not an Ayton replacement, no matter how much you overrate his numbers on a bottom feeder in Indy.

Good kid, hope he's successful and there is a smidge of regret for not picking up his option, but he's not a difference maker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose