OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted in TV forum. Since it was a TV actor mainly
TV Shows is about TV Shows. Movies & Entertainment is about movies, the industry, actors, etc. I have always posted actor deaths here regardless of which medium they starred on.
Whatever. I'll move it there and then back here sometime later.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So some wild conjecture and irresponsible headline - great, another conspiracy theory.
Huh? It has gone from “He bumped his head and went to bed.” to “The impact is like being hit with a baseball bat or falling 20-30 feet.” Very suspicious.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob Saget's Autopsy Report Reveals Skull Fractures Typically Seen in "High-Force Injuries"

A little over a month after Bob Saget tragically passed away at the age of 65 in a Florida hotel room, we finally have a clearer picture as to how exactly he died — and the answer is a harrowing reminder of just how serious head injuries can be.

Saget’s death was ruled an accident resulting from blunt force head trauma. Investigators believe he likely experienced an “unwitnessed fall backwards” in his hotel room and then, perhaps confused due to the blow to the head or simply unaware of how severely he had injured himself, he went to bed and died in his sleep.

However, the autopsy findings reveal that this was no ordinary bump on the head. The comedian suffered multiple skull fractures and brain bleeds. As People reports, Saget’s injuries included “posterior scalp abrasions, subgaleal hemorrhage (blood that forms between the skull and scalp), discoloration in the upper and lower eyelids due to skull fracture, subdural hematoma (buildup of blood on the surface of the brain), and subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding in the space surrounding the brain).” Damage to his skull included fractures above his eye sockets.

The severity of those injuries has led many to wonder whether it’s really possible to suffer that much damage by simply, say, slipping in the bathroom and hitting your head on the floor. Many doctors — none of whom, it must be stressed, actually examined Saget themselves — expressed surprise, likening his wounds to those one might sustain in a car crash or by being hit in the head with a baseball bat.

“That takes a lot of force to do that,” CNN’s chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta said on the air on Friday. “When I first saw this, if I knew nothing else about what had happened, you would think this was maybe someone who had fallen down the stairs and had several impacts to the head or been unrestrained in a car accident.”

“This is significant trauma,” Dr. Gavin Britz, the chair in neurosurgery at Houston Methodist Hospital, told the New York Times. “This is something I find with someone with a baseball bat to the head, or who has fallen from 20 or 30 feet.”

Dr. Joshua Marcus, a neurosurgeon at Nuvance Health, told People that it’s the fractures around Saget’s eye sockets that raise the most questions for him, given that they’re not something you’d necessarily see in someone who fell and hit the back of their head.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh... My late father slipped and fell and had multiple fractures and a brain bleed from his fall. He was also disoriented and sitting in his chair when his neighbor found him. He was overly sleepy and just kept repeating he was tired and wanted to take a nap. So, IMO it's easily plausible. Maybe there was something else at play but when someone older falls? You would be shocked the damage that can happen. I am sure if the coroner and police see something inconsistent with a fall they could tell. Hitting someone hard enough to cause fractures would likely leave blunt force trauma indications on the skin, muscle, ligaments and possibly bone.

P.S. My youngest daughter was really upset. She has just gotten into Full House with the new series and when it ended went back and watched all the originals. R.I.P.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Odd the family had a judge block the release of any details and are now suing Sheriff/ME . Just smells fishy. But, who knows. As nice a guy Bob supposedly was..we all have a darker side that could have been in play here. We'll probably never know.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Odd the family had a judge block the release of any details and are now suing Sheriff/ME . Just smells fishy. But, who knows. As nice a guy Bob supposedly was..we all have a darker side that could have been in play here. We'll probably never know.
I may be wrong, but I believe the crux of the family trying to get a court order was to limit any pictures or videos of the corpse being released, which is understandable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose