NFL has four-year deal to play games in Germany, will also play in Mexico in 2022

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFL is heading to Germany. And returning to Mexico.

The league announced today that it will play one game a year in Germany for each of the next four seasons, 2022 through 2025. The league will also play in Mexico City again in 2022.

The first-ever regular-season game in Germany will take place in Munich during the 2022 season, at the home stadium of the Bayern Munich soccer team. The NFL will also play a game there in 2024. Two more NFL games will be played in Frankfurt, Germany, in 2023 and 2025.

The NFL will also play a game at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City in November, returning to an annual tradition that had been stopped for the last two years because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it's too hard for the teams to travel that far and the jet lag will harm them on the return game. The only way this works is if they have the bye week right after giving them time to re-coup

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is interesting that Green Bay is the only team never to play a Regular Season game outside of the US.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
It is interesting that Green Bay is the only team never to play a Regular Season game outside of the US.
Reminds me of my military days. Some of us would pump out 3-4 times while some guys managed to avoid even 1.

They should make the pro bowl the traveling circus event. The Germans would probably pack the stands for it and love every minute.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not a fan of a meaningful, regular season game at a neutral site...let alone in another country. Its a disadvantage to both teams, and a slap in the face to season ticket holders.

They have preseason and the pro-bowl. Let them play those games anywhere they want.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weren’t we supposed to play the Mexico City game in 2020 when Covid hit? Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s us again.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not a fan of a meaningful, regular season game at a neutral site...let alone in another country. Its a disadvantage to both teams, and a slap in the face to season ticket holders.

They have preseason and the pro-bowl. Let them play those games anywhere they want.
What's going to eventually happen is that every team will play 1 game abroad, and the NFL will claim it establishes the neutrality you had in the old 16-game schedule. 8 at home, 8 on the road, and 1 abroad. It's ridiculous, but IMO that's the way they're going.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's going to eventually happen is that every team will play 1 game abroad, and the NFL will claim it establishes the neutrality you had in the old 16-game schedule. 8 at home, 8 on the road, and 1 abroad. It's ridiculous, but IMO that's the way they're going.
I could see that. Very Goodellian move there.

Stout

Reaction score
I would like it, Munich is a nice stadium and I would go there. Nice City as well
I used to LOVE going to Munich when I was stationed over there. Took forever by train, but the Schwabing district was just so much fun. Always went to this one Irish pub that was so comfortable.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I used to LOVE going to Munich when I was stationed over there. Took forever by train, but the Schwabing district was just so much fun. Always went to this one Irish pub that was so comfortable.
The old Irish or Shamrog or The Keg Bar?
The old Irish opend 1977 so I think that would be the right one.

great area with the block house and much more.

Stout

Reaction score
The old Irish or Shamrog or The Keg Bar?
The old Irish opend 1977 so I think that would be the right one.

great area with the block house and much more.
It definitely wasn't the Keg Bar. Otherwise, it's too fuzzy. I went to about 1,000 Irish pubs in Europe, and that's not much of an exaggeration :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose