Nets @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-1-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker (35), Paul (20) and Bridges (27) produced big time tonight.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best record in league at ASG and not one starter. Interesting to know how many times in like the last 20yrs that's happened

More so...

The Suns are so dominant just two teams in the league have less than DOUBLE their losses.

You could double their losses and they are still the one seed in the East

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So it's your crown until someone takes it huh yeah I know the suns won the west last year but it's Golden States crown

Candice Parker is trash

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. And we are more than half way through the season. The Suns could go on a 10 game losing streak and they would still likely be ahead of every team in the East--and be second place in the west.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq says Suns going down against his Hawks :thumbdown

I hope Chuck is there to clown him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says the Suns are getting everyone's best.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker averaging 32 points in last ten games.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So it's your crown until someone takes it huh yeah I know the suns won the west last year but it's Golden States crown

Candice Parker is trash
Eh she just kinda decided to throw out a cliche and it didn’t fit precisely. We all knew (or should know) what she meant: Kerr, Klay, draymond, and curry have won it all not once but multiple times. That gives them the nod when thinking about head-to-head in a playoff series in some people’s minds. Even I believe that until we prove it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq is now talking about people off camera and their clothes

That's a radio moment on TV

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
tonight answered some important questions

1. the Suns showed they can kick things up a notch early in a game for a change and still do their thing in the 4th.
they just needed to get up for it, against a top team

2. the Nets showed they are still the title favorites if they can get everyone playing. Kyrie and Harden are still unstoppable, and one of the best players in the world wasn't playing. Even Blake was in good form.

i wouldn't be surprised to see the odds move some, though it's understandable for the Warriors to be picked ahead of us also. Going into the playoffs with the best record, but not as the favorites, would be more than fine with me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Suns defense was outstanding for the most part and stayed aggressive despite some soft calls.

Paul and Booker talk so much **** and back it up. They are some cold dudes.

It looks like Cam Johnson’s pistol doesn’t have a safety anymore. He’s pulling the trigger if the defender gives him any cushion at all which is great.

It’s crazy McGee never became a poor man’s Gobert. He is so long and moves so well. When he’s making a positive impact the Suns swagger is in overdrive.

When there’s a timeout Monty and Kevin Young get really locked in discussing stuff before they talk with the players. Cam Payne’s energy around the bench and the way his teammates react to him makes me think he’s untouchable.

If KD is healthy the Nets will be unguardable with all the foul baiting and uncalled travels. Harden and Blake are not only pushing 280 each but they’re flopping is worse in person and the Suns were complaining all game about it.

Kyrie is a weirdo but he is a sensational offensive player. The Suns were collapsing on him all night and he doesn’t lose the ball.

The 360 video screen above the court is really impressive

There was a guy at halftime that did a handstand on two basketball while a small dog crawled up his body into his feet. Probably the craziest thing I’ve seen that didn’t happen in Tijuana.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
tonight answered some important questions

1. the Suns showed they can kick things up a notch early in a game for a change and still do their thing in the 4th.
they just needed to get up for it, against a top team

2. the Nets showed they are still the title favorites if they can get everyone playing. Kyrie and Harden are still unstoppable, and one of the best players in the world wasn't playing. Even Blake was in good form.

i wouldn't be surprised to see the odds move some, though it's understandable for the Warriors to be picked ahead of us also. Going into the playoffs with the best record, but not as the favorites, would be more than fine with me.

I don't think the Nets are the favorites, even if healthy. I think a healthy Suns or Warriors team can win in far more ways. The Suns and Warriors have great rosters that also compliment each other exceedingly well, while the Nets have a ton of fire power on offense but it's a lot of "your turn, my turn" play style.

I'm not saying they CAN'T beat the Suns or Warriors, but I don't think they're the better team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Nets are the favorites, even if healthy. I think a healthy Suns or Warriors team can win in far more ways. The Suns and Warriors have great rosters that also compliment each other exceedingly well, while the Nets have a ton of fire power on offense but it's a lot of "your turn, my turn" play style.

I'm not saying they CAN'T beat the Suns or Warriors, but I don't think they're the better team.
I don't think we'll see them fully healthy but if it should happen, I do believe they will be the best team in the NBA - not a lock but fully healthy I'd take them against the field. Maybe there was room for a little doubt before LMA showed up but he's helped that team on both sides of the ball.

I haven't seen this team play well enough all season to beat either the Nets or the Warriors (fully healthy versions) in a 7 game series. But then again, we haven't seen the DA we saw for most of the playoffs last season. If he finds his way back to the court, we'd have a real chance against anyone, it might even make us the favorite.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we'll see them fully healthy but if it should happen, I do believe they will be the best team in the NBA - not a lock but fully healthy I'd take them against the field. Maybe there was room for a little doubt before LMA showed up but he's helped that team on both sides of the ball.

I haven't seen this team play well enough all season to beat either the Nets or the Warriors (fully healthy versions) in a 7 game series. But then again, we haven't seen the DA we saw for most of the playoffs last season. If he finds his way back to the court, we'd have a real chance against anyone, it might even make us the favorite.

I just don't see it. Not only do I think they will be unable to field their 3 stars at once, but I think that if we're healthy, we are better.

They can all score in droves... but they don't build on each-other's games. When we played them in Brooklyn they were healthy, Irving didn't play because he is Kyrie Irving, but the rest of their team was there, we may have only won by 6 but that game was deceptively close. We led from tip to buzzer and they didn't get within 10 until there was a minute to go, pushing the lead to near 20 for most of the game.

They don't defend well, their rotations are wildly inconsistent and their best players don't exactly compliment each other.

Frankly... if we make the finals, I don't think we will be seeing them.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets have to rely on a favorable officiating crew - don’t watch them enough to know if they usually get it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose