ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell I’d drive Bridges and Cam to the Airport

Not even a question

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green is so critical to the Warriors success. Part of the valuation of a team is its ability to play through injury and sickness. The Suns have had plenty this year.

Yeah back injuries are scary that doesn't bode well for this season. It is creating more minutes for kuminga who is really showing signs of future stardom, but the impact on the defense and passing is huge with no Draymond.

The game last night was essentially tied, KAT got an and 1 but on replay you could see he didn't get the shot off before the clock expired. They reviewed it and said the foul happened before the shot clock expired so by continuation the shot counts even though they admitted he had not released the ball when the clock expired. Later the Warriors announcers said they were told the league reviewed it and said continuation supersedes the actual shot clock so the call was right? Really weird.

Down the other end Warriors get an and 1, the trailing ref comes in and overturns it to a charge. Kerr challenges and when we come back from break it's both a charge no basket, and a T on Kerr. Game over the Wolves rained 3's and got up huge after that. No margin for error at all. NO Draymond, no Steph, no GP 2.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No.

I may not be like a lot of fans, one ring is not worth a decade of misery to me.
It wouldn't be for me either but from previous conversations on this message board, I'm pretty sure we're very much in the minority on this. I love watching the games. I really want a championship but not as much as I want to enjoy watching the games - and not just the playoffs.

But if I believed that trade would get us one championship and maybe another and that we'd still have a chance to be relevant after that second year, I'd put up with having Lebron on this team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell I’d drive Bridges and Cam to the Airport

Not even a question

Mikal Bridges only makes $5,557,725 this season and Cam Johnson only $4,437,000.

So what does this fictitious trade look like when Lebron makes $41,180,544?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's not one or the other. It's a decade of misery for a ring.
Absolutely. We just ended a decade of misery WITHOUT a ring. I'll tell you what, I'm feeling good about this team right now, and I'd feel even better if we already had a ring on our fingers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we'll just say there's a Kate Upton "realistic" exception when it comes to fantasies?

For you, I will make an exception.

Actually a lot of times in life there is a point where fantasies become more obtainable.

For instance Lebron might accept the minimum in 2023-24 but the Suns might not be a contender anymore.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is not really a discussion about a specific trade, it's a theoretical question about what you would be willing to sacrifice for a championship.

No trade for LeBron is realistic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not really a discussion about a specific trade, it's a theoretical question about what you would be willing to sacrifice for a championship.

I'm definitely up for sacrificing a bucket of KFC if that will help.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not if you're a Laker fan, I have seen several that they seem to think would fly.

How would you guys feel about LeBron and Westbrook for Paul, Booker and Bridges (probably a first or 2 thrown in as well)? That one is popular among some Laker faithful.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not if you're a Laker fan, I have seen several that they seem to think would fly.

How would you guys feel about LeBron and Westbrook for Paul, Booker and Bridges (probably a first or 2 thrown in as well)? That one is popular among some Laker faithful.
You should see the Cleveland trades they are floating. LeBron back to Cleveland for Garland, a couple more good young players and piles of picks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell to the no. If LeBron and Westbrook can't seem to get it to work with the Lakers how would they here? Plus, you would be giving up the three main parts of our team that helped us get to the Finals last year and get us to the best record this year. That would be one of the worst trades I have ever seen. If this was younger LeBron and Westbrook that would be a different story. Giving up your youth (including Bridges and 2 firsts) to hamper your team in the future for them at this age would be dumb.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think I would do a big trade to get LeBron. I do think some people believe he will finish his career in Cleveland. Now that they are good again, maybe he could sign there cheap as a FA in 23-24 for a last hurrah and still be competitive. BTW. The only players the Lakers have under contract in 23-24 are AD and THT. They could go out and just buy a new roster.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turner from pacers has a stress fracture in his left foot. Probably not going to be trade-able

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Seriously?

How demented must you actually be to think the #1 team in the league will trade you their best assets, for some of your ancient selfish garbage from a team that will be lucky to make the playoffs and think that is realistic.

Thats so stupid I can't believe that isn't just trolls.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol. Uh... no.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave