Bruce Arians slaps helmet of own player for almost giving away a penalty

BigCardsFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What a legendary coach I feel so honored to see him coach the Cards for 5 years.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff would be nervous and sweaty, fidgeting on the sideline looking at his play card. Guy seems to have zero involvement with the players at all. BA is a real coach.
You're not wrong on what KK would be doing because that's exactly what he would be doing, that's all I ever see him do, stare at that play sheet. Earlier in the season he looked like he was finally getting involved other than just calling plays, then the losing started & it's back to same ole same ole. Mixed feelings on this board about BA & his coaching style wasn't for everyone but he did more than look at a play sheet.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well woody Hayes got canned. BA got him a can of coach Hayes hehe - fact is player Adams still didn’t listen to him, ignored the punch and went back to to trying to get a penalty. In the army that would earn a little, or a lot of wall to wall counseling. Depending how stubborn one chose to be.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is much ado about nothing. Players do much much more to their own teammates. I bet the player probably didn't even feel it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Carson Palmer was at the tail end of his career when BA coached him--he certainly didn't "develop" Carson Palmer. Did he "develop" Tom Brady? That one doesn't even need a comment. He developed Luck, of course. Manning, well, I thought he didn't have a hand there, but looked it up and found he WAS Manning's QB coach early on, so that one's correct, as is Roethlissomething. The idea he developed Palmer and Brady is just plain wrong.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thing I thought of when I heard this story is Frank Kush smacking punter Kevin Rutledge at ASU. Ultimately cost him his job and he dealt with litigation from the incident for nearly a decade.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Carson Palmer was at the tail end of his career when BA coached him--he certainly didn't "develop" Carson Palmer. Did he "develop" Tom Brady? That one doesn't even need a comment. He developed Luck, of course. Manning, well, I thought he didn't have a hand there, but looked it up and found he WAS Manning's QB coach early on, so that one's correct, as is Roethlissomething. The idea he developed Palmer and Brady is just plain wrong.
He didn't develop Brady but Brady could've gone anywhere in the league and chose to play for BA. Just sayin'.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose