Suns @ Spurs Monday game thread 1-17-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bismack Biyombo was an excellent acquisition. He plays hard and fits right in with the team.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe he got in the game at the end? I didn't notice him.
He came in at the very end. It was McGee starting, with Biyombo playing the bulk of the 4th quarter minutes. That might have been our best win of the season. Back to back, Spurs are always a tough opponent. We go down 12 with things spiraling out of control in the 3rd quarter. To win by double digits is awfully impressive. Portland without Book is close also but man, this game was fun to watch our resolve. Devin Booker is the best shooting guard in the game. Period. I think they’ll give Ja and Steph the backcourt in the West but Book is just as deserving.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only negative for the game, Cam Johnson broke his streak of 22 games in a row with 2+ 3's made in a game. Finished 0-2

How about Cam Johnson driving down the court with that spin move for the layup.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
McGee + Biyombo are two of the best frontcourt pickups the Suns have ever made... both in the same season, no less.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty went with Biyombo instead of Smith because the Suns needed "girth."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Suns return home unless they want to stay in Texas until Thursday to play the Mavericks.

Some crazy scheduling on this road trip.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Suns return home unless they want to stay in Texas until Thursday to play the Mavericks.

Some crazy scheduling on this road trip.
Looking forward to some home games hate watching on TV. Not looking forward to the Jazz after Rudy just called them out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to some home games hate watching on TV. Not looking forward to the Jazz after Rudy just called them out.

Did I miss something? Are you talking about Rudy Gobert.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty went with Biyombo instead of Smith because the Suns needed "girth."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He seems to be a good signing so far. The reasoning above is why I don’t think Jalen is cutout to be a center. To easy to push him around.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems to be a good signing so far. The reasoning above is why I don’t think Jalen is cutout to be a center. To easy to push him around.

Stix needs to convert to the power forward position but expecting it to happen in 1 1/2 seasons with limited playing time is unrealistic.

With that said, I don't think Monty has much confidence in him. This is probably one of the reasons the Suns didn't pick up his option.

JMHO.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We have a 3 game lead for the #1 seed. Ideally we keep playing CP3 and sit him for a few games when we clinch home court. The Warriors and Jazz are banged up and not playing well right now.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team. Has to be demoralizing. Other teams think they have a chance and then in the middle of the fourth they shift into another gear and just blow the doors off.

This is a pattern.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Once again we are the "Road Warriors" this year and its not even close. GSW have a better home record tho.