Angie's Lobster

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's run by the same folks that founded Salad & Go and offers $9.99 lobster meals. They just opened one up on 43rd Ave and T-bird.

It's either deep fried lobster fingers, or a lobster roll. Each meal comes with fries, sauce, and a drink.

I went yesterday for lunch and I'll be going back today! I had the lobster roll meal and added one finger. Just killer for the price. I've paid $25 for a lobster roll before that was terrible tiny bits. This was big ol' chunks of juicy, sweet, lobster meat. Fries are similar to McDonald's. A little heavy on the salt, but that's just about everywhere. They have no soda, just lemonade and sweet tea. I never order sweet tea, but this reminded me of Grandma's. Credit/debit only, no cash. Their special Angie's sauce was unique and really complemented the flavor of the lobster. A little goes a long way and was good on the fries as well.

There's also one in Tempe for you east-siders.

Here's their site if you're a lobster lover like me:

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's run by the same folks that founded Salad & Go and offers $9.99 lobster meals. They just opened one up on 43rd Ave and T-bird.

It's either deep fried lobster fingers, or a lobster roll. Each meal comes with fries, sauce, and a drink.

I went yesterday for lunch and I'll be going back today! I had the lobster roll meal and added one finger. Just killer for the price. I've paid $25 for a lobster roll before that was terrible tiny bits. This was big ol' chunks of juicy, sweet, lobster meat. Fries are similar to McDonald's. A little heavy on the salt, but that's just about everywhere. They have no soda, just lemonade and sweet tea. I never order sweet tea, but this reminded me of Grandma's. Credit/debit only, no cash. Their special Angie's sauce was unique and really complimented the flavor of the lobster. A little goes a long way and was good on the fries as well.

https://angieslobster.com/locations/ looks like they are going to be expanding this year and next.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is one opening soon in Tempe near Hardy and Baseline.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

I went yesterday for lunch and I'll be going back today! I had the lobster roll meal and added one finger. Just killer for the price. I've paid $25 for a lobster roll before that was terrible tiny bits. This was big ol' chunks of juicy, sweet, lobster meat. Fries are similar to McDonald's. A little heavy on the salt, but that's just about everywhere. They have no soda, just lemonade and sweet tea. I never order sweet tea, but this reminded me of Grandma's. Credit/debit only, no cash. Their special Angie's sauce was unique and really complemented the flavor of the lobster. A little goes a long way and was good on the fries as well.

Nice to hear it's good. When the Tempe one opened I wanted to try it out but the lines were insane the first couple days. I haven't been back down in the area to try it since.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to try this!

It seems like a fantastic deal for the price point

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Angie’s Lobster, a highly anticipated drive-thru concept from the founders of Salad and Go, hasn’t even opened a restaurant yet and it already is taking measures to ensure menu prices don’t go up.

The company, which was founded by Tony Christofellis and his wife Roushan, has acquired a wharf on Bailey Island – about 2,300 miles away from Phoenix – and started a lobster processing operation in Maine. Christofellis said from day one he wanted his prices to be fixed – $9.99 for a lobster roll meal – but with historically high inflation prices, he said one of the only ways he could afford to do that was by buying the lobster straight from the lobstermen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely trying this place next time I am in town.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely trying this place next time I am in town.

I try and visit a couple times a month. The Mrs isn't a seafood lover, but she very much enjoys the fries. Speaking of fries, they are more than happy to hold the salt if requested and that's a huge selling point for me.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Lobster trivia:

Did you know that thanks to a never ending supply of an enzyme called Telomerase, Lobsters will maintain youthful DNA indefinitely and will never die of old age. Unfortunately for lobsters though, there’s a catch: they continually grow too big for their own shells. Lobsters keep growing larger and larger, but their shells can’t change size, leading to a lifetime of ditching too-small shells and growing a brand-new exoskeleton. That takes a lot of energy. Eventually, the amount of energy required to molt a shell and grow another new one is simply too much and the lobster succumbs to exhaustion, disease, predation or shell collapse. The oldest lobster on record was 134 years old.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the cockroach of the ocean became a delicacy.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is one opening soon in Tempe near Hardy and Baseline.
Or not. Apparently, after tearing apart the entire old Taco Bell building except the framing, they found it to be unstable and the landlords will not work with them on the cost it would take for a full demo and new building so this location is not coming anytime soon.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this place always at 43rd and thundirbird or is it mobile and never know where it’s at???

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this place always at 43rd and thundirbird or is it mobile and never know where it’s at???

They're temporarily closed at that location until September. Not sure why. When they were open at that location, they were serving out of a mobile trailer full time while building a physical structure just behind the trailer.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: Because I was curious, I reached out to Angie's and asked when the ETA was for a return to the 43rd Ave location. As I mentioned, they are indeed targeting September. In the meantime, they have the the food truck at Signal Butte and Guadalupe from 10-1 today and tomorrow. The truck's next location will be at Baseline and Hardy August 1-14 (excluding Sundays).

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're temporarily closed at that location until September. Not sure why. When they were open at that location, they were serving out of a mobile trailer full time while building a physical structure just behind the trailer.
Copy thanks my mom lives at 59th and Northern area and is a Lobster fanatic…..

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never heard of this place but after looking them up it’s a must try now.

Looks like they really give you your moneys worth

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great place. In the Bay area we have Cousins Maine Lobster Rolls it's a food truck they have several and they roam around all over. They were actually on Shark Tank and got a deal. But rolls are 22 to 25 bucks each. It's REALLY good but way too expensive. If I could get something close to that for 9.99 I'd be eating lobster way too much.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me and my wife went here today. There set up on Hardy and Baseline.

They do not go cheap on the lobster at all. My only knock was the bun. It’s just a slice of Texas toast and the butter made it super soggy but I mean lobster Texas toast and butter? I’m not complaining

We loved it and would go back

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Location update:

The drive-thru at Signal Butte and Guadalupe roads in Mesa is now open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Other locations:
  • Pinnacle Peak Road and 19th Avenue, Phoenix, October 2022.
  • Thunderbird Road west of 43rd Avenue, Glendale, December 2022.
  • Litchfield and Waddell roads, Surprise, early 2023.
  • Glendale and 83rd avenues, Glendale, early 2023.
  • Gilbert and Baseline roads, Gilbert, early 2023.
  • Gilbert and Queen Creek roads, Chandler, early 2023.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copy thanks my mom lives at 59th and Northern area and is a Lobster fanatic…..

FYI, the 43rd Ave and T-bird location is open and ready for walk-up and drive-through. They made a couple of tweaks to the menu that are all fantastic. They're even serving breakfast! The website has the details.

The drive-through is an...interesting design. If you or your Mom drive anything bigger than a mid-size, I'd just do the park and walk up. I'm not sure what they were thinking, but there is already huge damage to the wall enclosing the outside of the drive-through window. :oops: