Taking a Beating

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was also said prior to this season’s schedule. Truth be told, we don’t know how teams will look next season. It’s almost pointless to discuss.
You're right but at this moment the team's on there & considering how the Cardinals wilt in big games...................? Doesn't give me much hope.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This would be Keim’s 4th HC in 10 years. Kliff being a bad coach was obvious to anyone who paid attention; yet, Keim chose to take Kroger-brand McVay anyway. If Kliff goes, so does Keim.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s where I get confused.
How much blame does a coach get when:
An o-lineman moves before the snap?
A Wr drops a ball right in his hands?
A Wr runs a wrong route?
A LB fills the wrong gap?
A CB blows his coverage?
A punter drops the ball on his own 5 yard line?
A QB simply throws to the wrong receiver.

All these things should and are addressed in practice. It doesn’t mean it won’t happen again in a game. You simply can’t bench every player that makes a mistake.

One other thing. For the sake of simply an example if we played this season backwards right now we’d be sitting on top of the world. But you can bet you sweet butt if we had started out the season 2-6 most would have wanted Kingsbury fired there and then. However winning our last 7 in a row and we’d all want to sign him to a 10 year extension.

We are 11-6. Going to the playoffs for the first time in 6-7 years. Let’s just wait and see how this next game goes ( and pray there’s more) before we fire, dismiss, or replace anybody.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We don’t know what teams on there will be looked at as “big games” lol
Lol. How bout big name teams? I dunno, just think that schedule on paper looks brutal compared to what we played this year. Lots of things can change with teams as you said by the start of the season.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Yes but have you looked at next year's schedule? It's like murderers row. I posted a thread showing it. I'll take an absolute miracle to have a winning record which ain't gonna happen. The year he deserves will soon fizzle into a losing record & the heat will do him in. I'd love to be wrong trust me but I really don't think I am.
The system is set up so the top teams face killer schedules, at least on paper. It’s especially true if you play a tough opposite division. Yet year after year the best teams overcome that schedule to make the playoffs. Look how many teams from last years playoffs are back this year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The system is set up so the top teams face killer schedules, at least on paper. It’s especially true if you play a tough opposite division. Yet year after year the best teams overcome that schedule to make the playoffs. Look how many teams from last years playoffs are back this year.
That's what the good teams do & they also have good ownership & management. How good is ours truly?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right. That’s my point. At some point you have to stop giving the cardinals a pass because they have a tough schedule. The best teams, the ones that are consistently good, overcome difficulty schedules too.

We were 11-6 this year. If we are all to adopt the mantra of don’t just look at the end of the season slide, look at the entire season, we should expect the cardinals to build on last season in spite of whatever the schedule throws at us. Not give them a pass because this year those teams were good.

Do you guys think that Packers fans and Rams fans and chiefs fans look at their schedule and say “we will only win 9 games against that murderer’s row next year” if it has a bunch of playoff teams? Naw.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose