Taking a Beating

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m quite certain I’ll again be severely abused but I’m going to offer this one more time. First I‘m certain Kingsbury will be the coach next year. Second I know the Cards’ history and I can count the wins (some very fortunate) just like everyone else. All that aside I believe this is a badly coached team that had the talent to win even more games than they did. So I would change the staff completely. I’d keep Keim but on a short leash and bring in a talent evaluator for the draft.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m quite certain I’ll again be severely abused but I’m going to offer this one more time. First I‘m certain Kingsbury will be the coach next year. Second I know the Cards’ history and I can count the wins (some very fortunate) just like everyone else. All that aside I believe this is a badly coached team that had the talent to win even more games than they did. So I would change the staff completely. I’d keep Keim but on a short leash and bring in a talent evaluator for the draft.
Preach Harry.. you’re spot on. I’d even participate in a go fund me to get rid of Kliff

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Let's get through the playoffs before we start calling for heads to roll.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced that K1 or K2 are championship caliber. Though I'd be willing to give K1 a chance with a better coach/scheme.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Harry , would you please indulge me and give me some insight into all the blown coverages in the secondary today?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still not convinced that K1 or K2 are championship caliber. Though I'd be willing to give K1 a chance with a better coach/scheme.
Well with an good D this team probably has at least 14 wins, one side of the ball is terrible and gives up crazy points to the like of Carolina, Detroit, I won’t even count Seattle as they are kinda legit the past few weeks and were playing all out on what will be Wilson’s last game for Seattle.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It all starts with the GM but if Keim would turn the draft over to a talent evaluator I could live with that.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I never stepped onto the K1/K2 bandwagon. I think Murray is our version of Dak Prescott. He will roll up some amazing stats, have some amazing games, but when it comes time to win the important games he will not be up to the task. As for K2 he once again has kept his illustrious record of second half fizzles intact. 2021 a 7-0 start followed by a 4-6 finish.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I would trade Kliff & Vance for just a half piece of Petey’s stale chewed gum in a heartbeat!!! Seriously. Attack you fools, attack!!! Playing this conservative, soft zone 3 man rush on long yardage downs over & over is maddeningly. Offensively, it was a dink & dunk fest pretty much all day once again. Ugh

Coaching matters...and our 2 leaders are scared to death to lose more often than trying to win! Ugh

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I am holding out hope - fleeting as it is… but I continue to believe the Kliff and Kyler combo presents serious challenges.
Maybe they’ll figure it all out. Maybe they’ll ultimately prove me wrong and will one day stop the second half of season collapses. Maybe they’ll win “that” game one day… the game that would then open the flood gates to more big W’s…. Or, maybe not.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
@Harry , would you please indulge me and give me some insight into all the blown coverages in the secondary today?
This has actually been a theme for much of the year. Part of the problem is the Cards had to cobble together a set of CBs from other teams’ discards. They’re mostly poor or inexperienced. The second issue is the zone Joseph has them playing. Effective zones depend on defenders quickly latching onto potential receivers who enter their part of the zone. Cards more often look like they’re playing statues. They give huge cushion. The other skill is knowing which player to take if they flood your zone. That requires sharp players and good coaching. Those may be issues in AZ. You saw Simmons’ confusing on one TD. Too often players vacate their area of responsibility leaving big holes. Also the Cards have a problem with handoffs when receivers move from zone to zone. Some zones you hold, others you take and follow. Again zones get inappropriately abandoned. Finally the Cards have trouble consistently creating pressure on the QB. This enables receivers to make double moves. Even the best CBs find those moves hard to stay with. It’s a loose zone with huge holes and the rush too often allows the receivers to find those holes. There’s more but this is most of it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Harry, this begs another question. How is it when they only rush 3 and there are 8 in coverage that they don't seem to be able to cover well with 8 guys back either?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I agree. Maybe keep the ST coach and Kugler. I don’t think Kugler can be responsible for an OL being expected to provide a 20 yard pocket because Kyler takes a 15 yard drop. Kyler needs a coach that will get in his face a little. Not like Parcells, but kind of like BA. This whole coddling thing is clearly not working. That goes for the whole team. If the coach doesn’t show he’s pissed at the performance on the field, then the players think he’s ok with it. Just like with kids, if they don’t think there are consequences, then why would they be afraid to repeat the mistake?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff deserves another year. I think it will end up as a disaster but you cannot deny the improvement over three years.
Yes but have you looked at next year's schedule? It's like murderers row. I posted a thread showing it. I'll take an absolute miracle to have a winning record which ain't gonna happen. The year he deserves will soon fizzle into a losing record & the heat will do him in. I'd love to be wrong trust me but I really don't think I am.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes but have you looked at next year's schedule? It's like murderers row. I posted a thread showing it. I'll take an absolute miracle to have a winning record which ain't gonna happen. The year he deserves will soon fizzle into a losing record & the heat will do him in. I'd love to be wrong trust me but I really don't think I am.
This was also said prior to this season’s schedule. Truth be told, we don’t know how teams will look next season. It’s almost pointless to discuss.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose