Suns plan to sign Bismack Biyombo to a 10-day contract

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns signing Bismack Biyombo for the rest of the season.

It should have been for much longer.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Do we retain any rights to him after this year?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would need to have a 2nd year option to gain any sort of rights. It requires 2 years to get early bird rights to a player.

I imagine we'll learn details of his deal soon. I hope there is a 2nd year team or player option.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is nothing to indicate that in the tweet. I was hoping for a multi-year contract with perhaps some options.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones on Bismack Biyombo.

By Arizona Sports:

“We have always targeted him cause we think he represents what we are about,” Jones said. “He is a guy that competes at a high level, cares about winning and is a great teammate.”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bismack Biyombo says he has been in contact with the Suns since August. Kudos to James Jones.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

Biyombo said he'd been in contact with the Suns since August, as the Hornets renounced their free agent exemption rights to him, but said he wasn't mentally ready to return after the passing of his father in August.

“I’m thankful to God because when I was watching the games from far away, personally, I was not ready for this,” he said. “God has given me some time away to heal and prepare myself for this and I’m ready now to play basketball. The mind is ready. The body is ready, and soul is prepared for it.”

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bismack Biyombo says there were a lot of teams he passed on before choosing the Suns.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bismack Biyombo says he has been in contact with the Suns since August. Kudos to James Jones.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

Biyombo said he'd been in contact with the Suns since August, as the Hornets renounced their free agent exemption rights to him, but said he wasn't mentally ready to return after the passing of his father in August.

“I’m thankful to God because when I was watching the games from far away, personally, I was not ready for this,” he said. “God has given me some time away to heal and prepare myself for this and I’m ready now to play basketball. The mind is ready. The body is ready, and soul is prepared for it.”

Wow. I get this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you give Cheesebeef his email address so everyone can be spared from his asking that question repeatedly? He can correspond with him on his own time, elsewhere. Win, win.

i didn't realize a simple question thrown out as a joke every once in a while was such an imposition to you.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didn't realize a simple question thrown out as a joke every once in a while was such an imposition to you.

It's become a jinx of sorts on it's own. Suns start playing really well, you ask for 1Sun and everyone groans. We stumble for a minute and then it starts over.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Probably because these kinds of requests, joking or not, have gotten him unbanned twice now.