Suns looking to sign Justin Jackson to a 10-day contract

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned, the Suns are signing Justin Jackson to a 10-day hardship contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Jackson has played in the NBA. He was a first round pick out of North Carolina in 2017.

It would be a nice signing if the Suns can add him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s more an nba player than Hutchinson or wainwright.

He could stick on a two-way contract down the road if the Suns waive Wainright or Hutchinson. That may be wishful thinking though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He could stick on a two-way contract down the road if the Suns waive Wainright or Hutchinson. That may be wishful thinking though.

I don't think he's eligible since he's been in the league for more than 4 years.

I remember liking him in the draft in 2017 but we didn't have a mid round 1st to use. Of course he hasn't panned out but he's got some skill.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he's eligible since he's been in the league for more than 4 years.

I remember liking him in the draft in 2017 but we didn't have a mid round 1st to use. Of course he hasn't panned out but he's got some skill.

That's right, Justin Jackson is probably not eligible for a two-way contract. Wainright and Hutchison have not been much help.

I was trying find a way to add him without touching the open roster spot. Yeah, he has been on my radar since 2017 as well.

I'm still hoping the Suns can waive at least one of their two-way contracts if they are not guaranteed and add someone more helpful.

Maybe a trade opens up some new options.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
I like this signing. I saw a bunch of him in college. I beleive we have the right system for him to thrive in. He can shoot the ball which is what we need. Maybe he can take some of Shamet's min's given Shamet has been abysmal thus far.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this signing. I saw a bunch of him in college. I beleive we have the right system for him to thrive in. He can shoot the ball which is what we need. Maybe he can take some of Shamet's min's given Shamet has been abysmal thus far.

I think we all agree. The problem is if the Suns add a player with their open roster spot now they might not be able to take advantage of trades and buyouts later.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Meh. Does he really have any chance of breaking Montes rotation in 10 days?
Lets hope so. I guess.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns officially sign Justin Jackson to a 10-day contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. Does he really have any chance of breaking Montes rotation in 10 days?
Lets hope so. I guess.

I don't know if the Suns can make room on their roster but Justin Jackson could be a candidate to fill Abdel Nader's role on the team.

He can play both forward positions.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Smart player can shoot wonder if Cam Johnson knows him?
They overlapped in Jackson's last year and Cam's first year of college.

I'm not too enthusiastic about Justin Jackson, his career stats in the NBA aren't that great. He did generally have decent games against us, though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smart player can shoot wonder if Cam Johnson knows him?

It looks like Cam Johnson transferred over from Pittsburgh right after Justin Jackson left. I couldn't find them on the same roster at UNC. They still might know each other though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Jackson was signed to a 10-day contract on or about January 4th.

I'm hoping the Suns find a way to keep him but it doesn't look encouraging as I haven't heard anything new about it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Head scratching, because seems he’s more of what we need and more nba than Wain

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have guys out with covid anymore so our covid exemptions are gone.

I was looking towards Justin Jackson being more of a replacement for Abdel Nader unless the Suns are planning for a different move.

Of course Nader is on a guaranteed minimum contract. He would have to be waived or traded.

I might add, Jackson is not eligible for a two-way contract which Wainright is on.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Head scratching, because seems he’s more of what we need and more nba than Wain
Like Mainstreet said, Wainwright is on a 2 way contract which Jackson isn't eligible for. Also, if the rumor (or supposition) that Justin isn't vaccinated is true, that might explain why we are reluctant to waive someone to bring him in on more than a 10 day contract.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking towards Justin Jackson being more of a replacement for Abdel Nader unless the Suns are planning for a different move.

Of course Nader is on a guaranteed minimum contract. He would have to be waived or traded.

I might add, Jackson is not eligible for a two-way contract which Wainright is on.

Apparently we need Nader's approval to trade him. At least that's what ESPN said in an article. It may happen but I wouldn't be surprised if he's waived also since next season isn't guaranteed. That is if we're after a roster spot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently we need Nader's approval to trade him. At least that's what ESPN said in an article. It may happen but I wouldn't be surprised if he's waived also since next season isn't guaranteed. That is if we're after a roster spot.

Yes, Abdel Nader's contract is a team option next season. Waiving him is an alternative.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose