R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2021)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kyler was rusty after being out and the offensive was horrible.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Besides the 4th and shorts in Prater's range...

When we were down 10 late I was telling my wife we should kick the FG as soon as we get into FG territory and worry about the TD if and when we recover an onside kick. Had we not wasted so much time trying for the TD first, we would have had over a minute left once we recovered the onside kick - instead of 37 seconds. SMH.
IMO that is more of a stylistic choice because the onside is far from reliable and if you miss the kick on 2nd or 3rd down you are getting crushed worse.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bidwill needs to sell the team. Make Kyler a DB. Reassign Kliff as the mascot, Big Red. Make Zaven Collins the water boy. Rodney Hudson can become a professional rock-skipper since he's been getting a ton of practice at that on game days

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm chillin'... this is currently beyond my expectations for the season to have this many wins at this point lol
I understand that, but don’t your expectations increase when you see how good the team is? Or can you only adjust expectations in the offseason?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I understand that, but don’t your expectations increase when you see how good the team is? Or can you only adjust expectations in the offseason?
Frankly, the way the defense was getting turnovers and winning was baffling to me all year, because I really do not see the 'elite' talent across the board that some people keep citing. Offense, I think we have two backup players at guard which are going to really struggle vs a quality opponent and can someone tell what the status of Pugh is at this moment. I never could realistically feel comfortable that this team was a one seed but do think now they are a playoff team and at times can look great which might be enough to win the division... winning the division is something which I did alter my expectations and that's still there :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lol No. Kliff did not have a good game, and there's certainly more than one valid critique. His game plan wasn't very good, and ran pretty predictable at times.
They had one punt and one three-and-out all game. Over 400 yards of offense. Multiple drives into opposing territory. It's not like he called bad red-zone int, bad int, and Hopkins drop. You are wrong here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They had one punt and one three-and-out all game. Over 400 yards of offense. Multiple drives into opposing territory. It's not like he called bad red-zone int, bad int, and Hopkins drop. You are wrong here.
But he did call two fourth plays instead of kicking which resulted in loss of 6 potential points. The play where we kicked the final FG we could have gone for it and had we converted been driving fir the tying score. Kliff called those plays. Were players responsible for not converting? Of course, they always are. But the gamble to take not take the points are kliffs call and kliffs responsibility alone.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
But he did call two fourth plays instead of kicking which resulted in loss of 6 potential points. The play where we kicked the final FG we could have gone for it and had we converted been driving fir the tying score. Kliff called those plays. Were players responsible for not converting? Of course, they always are. But the gamble to take not take the points are kliffs call and kliffs responsibility alone.
Yep. Also, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm not going full darksider and arguing today. I'm not conceding anything, just not fighting the fight.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I get and agree with the critique of the Conner run vs FG. The Hopkins drop was the perfect call to your best offensive player. Yes it was the coaches call, but I will defend that every time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get and agree with the critique of the Conner run vs FG. The Hopkins drop was the perfect call to your best offensive player. Yes it was the coaches call, but I will defend that every time.
The call was a good one. The decision to pass up points is a questionable one made to look worse given the situation at the end of the game.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Same ol same ol ...

So after this game we or don't get into the playoffs or are 1 and done. End of story for now, don't see us overcome this, looked pathetic and bad playcalling, bad game management in the last 3 games. And our DC is just ... wilkes or McCoy like

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My Darksider is back. No more kool aide for me. I was soooooooo sucked in to that black hole of Cardinal hope.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Darksider is back. No more kool aide for me. I was soooooooo sucked in to that black hole of Cardinal hope.
I was making Super Bowl After Party plans!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am here.

Question for the group. Could this season have gone any worse from an expectations point of view?

Kliff may have been fired mid-season if the first 8 and the last nine games are reversed.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am here.

Question for the group. Could this season have gone any worse from an expectations point of view?

Kliff may have been fired mid-season if the first 8 and the last nine games are reversed.
It actually has exceeded my expectations but them my expectations were revised and then dashed. But to answer your question I don’t think Kliff is fired this season no matter what.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff ain’t getting fired. Especially if we somehow find a way to win a playoff game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff ain’t getting fired. Especially if we somehow find a way to win a playoff game.

Why in the world would you believe we’ll somehow win a playoff game?

I agree that even if we back all the way into the playoffs on a five game losing streak he’s not going anywhere.

But he should and so should the guy who hired him. That’s IF they completely collapse for a third straight season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why in the world would you believe we’ll somehow win a playoff game?

I agree that even if we back all the way into the playoffs on a five game losing streak he’s not going anywhere.

But he should and so should the guy who hired him. That’s IF they completely collapse for a third straight season.
That’s why that “if we somehow” is in that sentence, cheese.