THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah he played 3 games in South America ending on Thursday, so no surprise he wasn't in there. They have him and the other South Americans in special quarantine they can only leave to practice and play.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ding ****, the witch is dead! Cabbage Head Steve Bruce has FINALLY been sacked! Graeme Jones will take the match against Palace. That alone should give the team a bounce. Enough to finally get a win? Eh...

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Sooo sick and tired of the litany of managers bemoaning Cabbage Head's sacking. Listen, if he was just a "nice bloke" and "classy gentleman" like they're whinging on about, no, he would not deserve the abuse he gets. This is all 100 percent revisionist history, though. He constantly lied, shifted blame, took zero responsibility, jetted off for vacays, and played the woe is me card way too much. He was an awful representative of the club in an admittedly tough time. There was NO way it would end well for him.

Oh, and if he's such a "great tactician" and "important manager," why aren't YOUR top teams trying to recruit him? Crickets. That's what I freaking thought lol

Lorenzo

Reaction score
lol d-o-n-g is still blocked? Ding ding, the witch is dead just doesn't have the same "ring" to it hehe
haha, well a draw with Palace not too bad. maybe there is hope yet for avoiding relegation.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
haha, well a draw with Palace not too bad. maybe there is hope yet for avoiding relegation.
Nah, this was a must win, especially with Chelsea up next, who just hided Norwich 7-0. I'd be much more encouraged if Graeme Jones didn't come out with a horrible lineup and game plan. Uber defensive, scared to string two passes together, AGAIN leaving our best ball-playing defender on the bench, AGAIN leaving Ritchie, a non-defender, in at right wing back, AGAIN unwilling to play Lewis there, AND leaving Willock and Almiron on the freaking BENCH!!! Plus we reverted to the uber-conservative 5 at the back. This was a team set up not to lose, not to try to win, and it showed. It took a miracle bicycle kick to score to draw, and it took them hitting the post/crossbar several times and having a disallowed goal not to lose.

Just goes to show that though Bruce was woeful, it doesn't make Jones good.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Hey, great, we got our first win of the season, 1-0! Finally! No, wait, we had to play the referee as well as BHA. But hey, we got a breakaway goal to win 2-1 in injury time! No, wait, the keeper cheated his ass off and got a red when the game was already pretty guaranteed to be a draw. Honestly though, I half expected this to be the first time a ref was sent to the monitor and DIDN'T call it against the player.

Frustrating game, not least of which because the side was once again set up to not lose. Even after tying the game, and even after getting rid of their keeper and playing against 9 outfield players, Jones wouldn't press ahead for the victory. Disgusting coaching. Glad he'll be gone soon.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Brighton and Bournemouth would be a derby, wouldn't it?
I don’t believe so.. Palace is our derby. Never heard the B’Muff game called a derby, but could be wrong.

Edit: So I guess some people call it the South Coast Derby, but our main rivals are Palace and theirs are So’ton.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Un-effing-believable. I've been screaming for that donkey Clark to never get his place back all season, and yet, here we are. Un-effing-believable. At least I won't have to put up with him for at least 3 more games. BANNED.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about the Liverpool game. People are irate about the non stoppage when there wasn't an apparent head injury.

I also thought Newcastle was lucky on Liverpool's 2nd goal to escape a red since Mane stayed on his feet.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
How do you feel about the Liverpool game. People are irate about the non stoppage when there wasn't an apparent head injury.

I also thought Newcastle was lucky on Liverpool's 2nd goal to escape a red since Mane stayed on his feet.

We were 100 percent cheated out of that game. I haven't commented because I was away at con, but yeah. The referee was pure garbage, because they always, ALWAYS favor the big 6. Two men down in the box, one clutching his head, but "I thought it was a back injury." Ref would have done an injury trying to blow the whistle in record time if that were reversed. Then a stonewall penalty that was of course not called and of course not given by VAR, which would 100 percent have been given if it were Liverpool, because God forbid someone breathe on one of the big 6 players. So, by my count, Liverpool were gifted 1, we were cheated 1, and that would make a minimum of a draw, but...Newcastle wouldn't have been chasing, so there's no way to guarantee the 3rd goal. No way to guarantee Liverpool doesn't score more in other circumstances, of course, but man, Newcastle have been absolutely robbed CONTINUOUSLY this season. They stink, don't get me wrong, but they don't need help getting relegated. Liverpool deserved nothing from that game and were gifted a 2-goal swing. Maybe it would have been different if they were forced to break Newcastle down under fair circumstances, but we'll never know.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Lost to League One Cambridge in the FA Cup

Yeah, that was pretty pathetic. Dominated early but literally no available senior strikers to put a goal away.

In all honesty, this is probably for the better. They are in NO condition to make a cup run this season. It's all about survival in this half of 2022.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was pretty pathetic. Dominated early but literally no available senior strikers to put a goal away.

In all honesty, this is probably for the better. They are in NO condition to make a cup run this season. It's all about survival in this half of 2022.
It absolutely is. They should have fielded youngsters, lol.