Watt

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He’s not human. No human could have finished that game with those injuries. I would never bet against him though every medical guy with whom I communicated said he couldn’t do it. I just hope the Cards make the question meaningful.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Been told by several therapists that rehabbing a shoulder surgery is the toughest thing to rehab, especially if there is torn rotator or ligaments. After 5 shoulder surgeries (both finally replaced) I can tell you it’s impossible to do anything for about 8 or 9 weeks. Play football? Probably 6 months minimum.
Lol let’s compare you to a Hall of Fame football
Player with million dollar medical people

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully he could get in at least a week of full contact practice before playing. I dont know anything about football shape but from playing basketball my whole life i know no exercise bike can get you into basketball shape. With the physicality of football im sure its to even a much greater extent…

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He ain't got time to bleed.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Been told by several therapists that rehabbing a shoulder surgery is the toughest thing to rehab, especially if there is torn rotator or ligaments. After 5 shoulder surgeries (both finally replaced) I can tell you it’s impossible to do anything for about 8 or 9 weeks. Play football? Probably 6 months minimum.
There’s 50 shades of injury. I don’t see what’s in it for the cardinals to not put him on IR if it’s indeed that bad and there’s no hope of him coming back. I’m guessing team docs said to consult with this guy and that guy, there may be a chance, and the dude who did the cutting said there was a chance.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There’s 50 shades of injury. I don’t see what’s in it for the cardinals to not put him on IR if it’s indeed that bad and there’s no hope of him coming back.
Watt, Wen, & Ware
Could someone explain to me what difference it would make to put him on IR. Is there a money factor involved?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hopefully he could get in at least a week of full contact practice before playing. I dont know anything about football shape but from playing basketball my whole life i know no exercise bike can get you into basketball shape. With the physicality of football im sure its to even a much greater extent…
Unfortunately, he's just not going to get full contact practice this season. Teams don't go full speed at all in the regular season/postseason, partly due to the collective bargaining agreement, and partly to do with being unable to go full speed more than one day a week.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well we got one more game out of him then I thought we would, I'm not getting my hopes up for a return this year, even if he did how healthy and in football shape would he be?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Watt, Wen, & Ware
Could someone explain to me what difference it would make to put him on IR. Is there a money factor involved?
There’s got to be something to it. The benefit of putting him on IR is so we can sign/elevate another body no? I don’t think $$ changes either way.