Watt

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is JJ Watt done? I cant seem to find a conclusive report anywhere. Im sure its posted somewhere in here but wasnt able to find it either. I see reports saying hes getting surgery but also separate reports saying theyre considering re-habing. Seems a little underreported…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is JJ Watt done? I cant seem to find a conclusive report anywhere. Im sure its posted somewhere in here but wasnt able to find it either. I see reports saying hes getting surgery but also separate reports saying theyre considering re-habing. Seems a little underreported…
I read somewhere a while ago that he could be back for late playoffs/SB when we are in it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They aren't announcing anything other than he is on IR.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
if I had to guess... my guess would be the injury is serious, but there is layers... so Watt, knowing he is nearing the end...is looking for a way to partially repair his shoulder so he can get on the field for the playoffs.... then have the more inclusive surgery after the season is over.
just a guess

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s official he did have surgery… He’s hoping for a return and is already in the weight room

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This news is actually fantastic. Assuming he had the surgery about a week ago, that means he has 10 or 11 weeks to heal before we play our first playoff game (depending on whether or not we get the bye).

So that’s two and-a-half to almost three months to get right. If anyone can do that, it’s JJ Watt.

Outside of Kyler, I think our team has missed Watt the most. Our run D has looked super suspect in his absence.

Getting our de facto vocal leader back for the biggest game in over 5 years is going to be an intangible boost that can’t quite be measured. This sounds premature and is a bold statement, but having Watt return for the playoffs could very well be what pushes this team over the top. And it’s not just that he’s a leader in the locker room, he is a leader on the field. JJ was straight dominating for a handful of weeks before suffering the injury against Houston.

I. Am. Pumped.

JJ is suiting up again this season, take it to the bank.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Man, seems like playing for the first round bye would be essential if it means getting Watt back in time. Having him back for the playoffs would be a huge boost to this team!
I would be the biggest comeback from injury in the NFL ive ever witnessed ( in season )
This news is actually fantastic. Assuming he had the surgery about a week ago, that means he has 10 or 11 weeks to heal before we play our first playoff game (depending on whether or not we get the bye).

So that’s two and-a-half to almost three months to get right. If anyone can do that, it’s JJ Watt.

Outside of Kyler, I think our team has missed Watt the most. Our run D has looked super suspect in his absence.

Getting our de facto vocal leader back for the biggest game in over 5 years is going to be an intangible boost that can’t quite be measured. This sounds premature and is a bold statement, but having Watt return for the playoffs could very well be what pushes this team over the top. And it’s not just that he’s a leader in the locker room, he is a leader on the field. JJ was straight dominating for a handful of weeks before suffering the injury against Houston.

I. Am. Pumped.

JJ is suiting up again this season, take it to the bank.
uuuugh hope youre right, what a boost that would be

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t want to be the Debbie downer, but I’ll be shocked if he plays again this season.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His rehab time is being reported as a two to three months. I would get the skepticism if this was like a four to sixth month injury, but based on reports I don’t see why he can’t make a return for the playoffs.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Been told by several therapists that rehabbing a shoulder surgery is the toughest thing to rehab, especially if there is torn rotator or ligaments. After 5 shoulder surgeries (both finally replaced) I can tell you it’s impossible to do anything for about 8 or 9 weeks. Play football? Probably 6 months minimum.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been told by several therapists that rehabbing a shoulder surgery is the toughest thing to rehab, especially if there is torn rotator or ligaments. After 5 shoulder surgeries (both finally replaced) I can tell you it’s impossible to do anything for about 8 or 9 weeks. Play football? Probably 6 months minimum.
Well thats clearly not the case (6 months minimum) since we have been told from the get go that it’s a 2-3 month recovery time for his injury. Many guys over the years have had shoulder injuries in early season and returned Later in the year.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Impossible for "girly" men!!! ;)

JJ is the Black Night in Monty Pythons 'Quest for the Holy Grail'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose