Maid (Netflix limited series)

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was the first time in quite a while that I was blown away by a show. No superheroes, but a big time hero in this young mom trying to survive. Lots of battles, but no gunfire, explosions or even brawls. Lots of disasters, but no earthquakes, plagues, or alien invasions. A very simple story about someone confronting incredible real life challenges that are more than any one person should be able to navigate through.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started this. It's pretty damn good. My WTB said that she loves it because this isn't "some type of statement piece of a young, strong woman" that is anti-men. She loves the fact that the main character is flawed and the husband has some redeeming qualities as well.

It is a real look at struggles without being over the top.

Highly recommend.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've watched some of this.

Reading from a lot of women that have been in similar situations that it is a bit triggering - that it is accurate enough that it brings back memories of it happening to them - the abuse, the poverty, the struggles, etc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andi McDowell is really good in this... lots of range from what I normally see her do.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, this is a hard watch.
Absolutely. The first two episodes were some of the most painful, gut-wrenching TV I have ever watched and I have seen some twisted ish. With that said, I binged the entire series in one day yesterday. Margaret Qualley was great and Andie MacDowell absolutely nailed it. I would not be surprised if she isn't up for best supporting actress.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this show is so good. okay wow. just finished episode 8. we think we’ve predicted how it’ll end, but such a great show. it really puts things into perspective, as to how hard some people have it and how blessed me and my lady are. :/

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
All these comments are dead on. Just incredible all around.

Reminded me a bit of what my mom and I went through, although she was a bit younger having me at 15.

I was so glad she found at least a few people she was able to count on along the way.

This show will stick in my mind for a looong time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose