Trail Blazers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 11-10-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The primary weakness I see with Frank is average or perhaps below average athleticism. If he were physically able to react quicker he would be one of the better centers in NBA. He has all the skills to play the position.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somewhat disagree. Jokic is arguably the best player in the league and has virtually no athleticism. The main difference between him and Frank is that Jokic plays with a ton of confidence. Of course Jokic is also more talented, but I think it shows that Frank could be so much more with a higher confidence level.
Jokic has court vision that is other worldly especially for a big man. That is what sets him apart. He is an exception.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Jokic has court vision that is other worldly especially for a big man. That is what sets him apart. He is an exception.
Jokic would be a great player without his great passing though. His passing just puts him on an even higher level. Again my point has nothing to do with Frank having the ability to be a Jokic level of player. Only that his lack of athleticism isn't the reason he hasn't become a consistently good player in the NBA. It's his lack of confidence that is hurting him more than anything. When he plays confident he looks quite good and when he is passing up open shot (likely because he missed the last couple) and second guessing his decisions he becomes almost unplayable. And that Frank comes out pretty often.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The primary weakness I see with Frank is average or perhaps below average athleticism. If he were physically able to react quicker he would be one of the better centers in NBA. He has all the skills to play the position.
this

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jokic would be a great player without his great passing though. His passing just puts him on an even higher level. Again my point has nothing to do with Frank having the ability to be a Jokic level of player. Only that his lack of athleticism isn't the reason he hasn't become a consistently good player in the NBA. It's his lack of confidence that is hurting him more than anything. When he plays confident he looks quite good and when he is passing up open shot (likely because he missed the last couple) and second guessing his decisions he becomes almost unplayable. And that Frank comes out pretty often.
And I disagree. Its athleticism. He can cover it up against some player and stand his ground. He just is going to really struggle against Giannis, Embiid, and even Gobert to an extent. I do not think Frank has a confidence problem. I think he understands his own capabilities very well. He is a smart player. He seems to be quite comfortable in his own skin.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I disagree. Its athleticism. He can cover it up against some player and stand his ground. He just is going to really struggle against Giannis, Embiid, and even Gobert to an extent. I do not think Frank has a confidence problem. I think he understands his own capabilities very well. He is a smart player. He seems to be quite comfortable in his own skin.

Agreed. And whatever confidence problem he might have probably comes from knowing he doesn’t have the athleticism to really play with the big Uber talented big boys.

But he’s crafty, smart and just knows how to play and make the most out of what he’s got. A perfect 10th man in the rotation.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. And whatever confidence problem he might have probably comes from knowing he doesn’t have the athleticism to really play with the big Uber talented big boys.

But he’s crafty, smart and just knows how to play and make the most out of what he’s got. A perfect 10th man in the rotation.
Yup. No amount of bucking up will change the athleticism factor.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose