Suns @ Grizzlies Friday game thread 11-12-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns head out on a three game road trip playing at the Grizzlies on Friday.

Afterwards they play back-to-back games, Sunday at the Rockets and Monday at the Timberwolves.

Grizzlies are 6-5 losing to the Hornets at home on Wednesday.

Suns are 7-3 after beating the Trail Blazers. They have won their last six games.

The game is scheduled to be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Game time is scheduled for 6 p.m. Arizona time.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ahhhhh the dreaded ja matchup he should be a sun btw.... lol draft screwin suns lol

Hope suns keep streak going and suns offense def continue to shine!

We are the valley!!! Gooooo suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton is listed as DOUBTFUL and Landry Shamet as QUESTIONABLE for the Grizzlies game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many actual days has his bumped knee kept him out?

Deandre Ayton last played on November 4th against the Rockets with the right leg contusion although he did miss a game with the Pelicans on November 2nd with the same problem. That's four games he has missed with the injury thus far.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many actual days has his bumped knee kept him out?

Do you really think that's why he's missed this much time? The timing makes it rather questionable.

I hope it is. He has always taken his time returning from injury in the past so this could well be a legit injury but given the claims against Sarver, the nonsense Jalen Rose added to that ordeal, and Ayton's own contract issues and it's not surprising that he's taking his time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you really think that's why he's missed this much time? The timing makes it rather questionable.

I hope it is. He has always taken his time returning from injury in the past so this could well be a legit injury but given the claims against Sarver, the nonsense Jalen Rose added to that ordeal, and Ayton's own contract issues and it's not surprising that he's taking his time.
I tend to give the benefit of the doubt but he took a few days off, recovered and cleared, showed no problems in the game, heard the Rose comment and then was no longer available. And along the way there's been a checkup and a clear MRI.

Banging legs like that hurts but typically, unless you break your knee cap or some other structural problem comes from it, it's not worth missing the time he's missed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to give the benefit of the doubt but he took a few days off, recovered and cleared, showed no problems in the game, heard the Rose comment and then was no longer available. And along the way there's been a checkup and a clear MRI.

Banging legs like that hurts but typically, unless you break your knee cap or some other structural problem comes from it, it's not worth missing the time he's missed.

When the Baxter Holmes story on ESPN first broke, Monty told the players, it's fine if they don't want to play under the circumstances. We don't know if this has anything to do with Ayton missing games because of injury but I wanted to mention it again.

Hopefully Ayton returns soon and his missing games because of injury has nothing to do with the story.

By Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

"I'm OK with that," Williams said. "I think when you're going through times like this, everybody's emotions need to be validated and heard and respected," Williams said. "And every situation that we've been in where stuff has come up and players feel uneasy about something, I tell them right away, 'If you don't want to play, that's fine.' "

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The brief return is why I question the legitimacy of the injury. The timing creates the suspicion.

Like @Mainstreet pointed out, Monty isn't forcing anyone to play and will let players sit out if they choose and Ayton was always the one guy who I thought might elect to do so. I highly doubt Monty would reveal that Ayton is choosing to sit out because of the Sarver issue while it can be blamed on his leg injury as well. Ayton has no reason to reveal why he's sitting out also.

Thankfully Frank has played well but I'm not sure how long he'll be able to keep that up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton is listed as DOUBTFUL and Landry Shamet as QUESTIONABLE for the Grizzlies game.

What kind of contusion is it? It's either a deep bruise (bone bruise) or...........

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks is listed out on the NBA injury report but this tweet indicates he is expected to play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Covert Rain

Ayton was working out with a trainer before the Portland game so I hope he can play. The Suns don't have much time to practice with the upcoming schedule.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He hurt it came back now he’s out. Maybe it’s worse than they thought, maybe a trade is in the works who knows

But I highly doubt this is any kind of social stand. If it was we def would of heard a statement.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He hurt it came back now he’s out. Maybe it’s worse than they thought, maybe a trade is in the works who knows

But I highly doubt this is any kind of social stand. If it was we def would of heard a statement.
Right, I would imagine if he was not playing due to Sarver it would make a lot of sense to make it public. Hiding behind an injury would be accomplishing essentially nothing.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So is Ayton but hurt because he called him lazy or the other thing? Or using both together is the ticket or is this just hear say?
Just a ******** White Boy question

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
True story. Forty years ago I learned not to use the n word. Played BB with a lot of Black Americans who used the word and I used it once and was explained politely not to use it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks is listed out on the NBA injury report but this tweet indicates he is expected to play.

Where do you get that from? All I see is that he is out for our game but expected to play tomorrow when the Grizz play the Pelicans in a back-to-back.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, I would imagine if he was not playing due to Sarver it would make a lot of sense to make it public. Hiding behind an injury would be accomplishing essentially nothing.

If it was a social stand then it makes sense for him to speak up but everyone was also waiting for Jalen to reveal his source or give a better indication of where he heard it. Since he's backtracked it though it's a good thing Ayton didn't take a serious social stand. That would have been a no win situation since it's been proven false.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks is listed OUT on today's NBA injury report.

The Grizzlies play the Pelicans on Saturday so sorry if there was any confusion. The tweet above appears to be talking about Dillon Brook's availability for that game, not the game tonight.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is Ayton but hurt because he called him lazy or the other thing? Or using both together is the ticket or is this just hear say?
Just a ******** White Boy question
It's not even hearsay, we just don't know.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or now hear me out

Maybe he’s just hurt and we feel there’s no need to rush him back for these early season games

Maybe just maybe

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or now hear me out

Maybe he’s just hurt and we feel there’s no need to rush him back for these early season games

Maybe just maybe
It's quite possible. And we'll probably never know either way, especially if it doesn't continue to drag on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton is still doubtful. He is not involved in a lot of activity in the video clip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Shamet may play tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really good test tonight to see where this team is after a six game winning streak where they haven’t looked overly impressive the majority of the time.

That said, maybe it doesn’t say that much because eventually Ayton will be a difference maker one way or another once he’s inserted back in the lineup.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose