Quarantine Cooking

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to cook blts for dinner and I don't have any guac.:(

So is the guacamole sort of like a substitute for mayo on a BLT sandwich? I don't eat much mayonnaise.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I made ham and bean soup for the first time. Really easy to make. Sautee onions, carrots, onion and butter. Then after that is done just dump the rest of the ingredients in the pot.lol

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my cast irons

I made Lasagna in the cast iron…came out really tasty.

I usually make lasagna in the slow cooker but thought I’d try something different yesterday
I just gave you your 21,000th reaction score. Yay me. :?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made ham and bean soup for the first time. Really easy to make. Sautee onions, carrots, onion and butter. Then after that is done just dump the rest of the ingredients in the pot.lol

I was raised on beans, ham and cornbread. Nothing like it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gotten real good at my indoor steak recipe. Preheat my cast iron pan to 450 and then sear a couple minutes on each side depending on the thickness. I finish the steak with some butter, fresh thyme, and garlic. Ribeyes turn out great.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love my cast irons

I made Lasagna in the cast iron…came out really tasty.

I usually make lasagna in the slow cooker but thought I’d try something different yesterday

:rockon:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I've gotten real good at my indoor steak recipe. Preheat my cast iron pan to 450 and then sear a couple minutes on each side depending on the thickness. I finish the steak with some butter, fresh thyme, and garlic. Ribeyes turn out great.

Nice! I love my cast iron pan. I cook the same way as you except I use ghee rather than butter to get some extra fat.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! I love my cast iron pan. I cook the same way as you except I use ghee rather than butter to get some extra fat.

I've heard of that! Do you prepare it yourself, ie clarify it yourself?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I'm inspired to try it out. I'll put it on the grocery list. Any brands in particular that you like?

I just buy the brand Costco sells, Tin Star. It's grass fed and works awesome for cooking.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

For thick cuts of meat do you ever sear the outside and then place the cast iron pan and the meat in the oven? Works fantastically. I heat the oven to 275 to cook it nice and slow to 135.