Patrick Peterson Today

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Addition by subtraction is a real thing. I hate to say it but getting a tad younger like Corner and WR I think might benefit the team overall this season.
Why would you hate to say it

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
PP was my favorite player. I proudly wore his jersey. Then his demands to be traded, taking PEDs, lying about taking PEDS, lacking of tackling, running out of bounds to avoid any contact, blasting the Cardinals and the list goes on. You reap what you sow.
This pretty much sums up my feelings, save for the favorite player part.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He got smoked by Joe Burrow and Ja'mar Chase . He looked just as pitiful as last year.

I was at the game and that simply wasn't true, Breeland and Alexander got smoked. Burrow hardly even looked towards Peterson.

Peterson wasn't sticking his nose in to any tackle however--at all.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good post. Nice thread. Hope you’re 1/1000 as successful as PP in your life.
Yeah, I'm kind of with you on this Cbus. (No knock on you personally TN) I'm certainly not actively cheering wildly for the guy, but I have no intent on coming to the boards and toasting his failures. I like PP, and will keep his jersey forever. That being said, I hope D-Hop, and co. cook him like a rack of ribs on Sunday. The last time he covered Nuk, it was not pretty.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would you hate to say it
Because I know there are still fans of both players. Especially, Fitz fans that would like to him playing still. I think the team is better off with younger and faster players.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Peterson doesnt wear 21 for the vikings. The #21 you saw getting smoked was Breeshaud Breeland. According to PFF, peterson gave up 2 catches for 24 yards, thats a really good game for any starting CB in the NFL. I believe both our starting CB gave up ~60 yards each.
lol, a thread ripping on the wrong guy. Gotta love it.
Guy is one of the greatest Cardinals ever and people want to rip on him because he has the audacity to want more money.
If that’s the case, people should hate Fitzgerald. He held the Cards hostage plenty of times throughout his career.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thats awfully misleading. I wouldn't put the broken play 77 yards TD to Moore on Peterson. He had perfect coverage on Nuk. The 2 LB covered to RB and 2 safety ran to the other side of the field. one or 2 of those guys were out of position. There no way 1 CB is responsible for 1 WR 10 yards down the field and another 35 yards down the field on the same play.

Nuk did score on peterson in the 1st Q, but that was also a broken play were Murry did a full 360 inside the pocket and the play broke down. Hats off the Nuk for finding an open space. Other than than play, Peterson pretty much shut down Nuk.

Fact it, our D would be a lot better if peterson was still on our team. Cards did not test peterson often in the game. They torched the other CB. I still would have pressed the ball to Nuk whenever he had 1 on 1 coverage with peterson. Nuk is at the pinnacle of his career and pro b the best WR in the game. Nuk didnt have the ball thrown his way ONE time for the last 3.5 Quarters of the game. I dont care who is covering him, thats unacceptable. hes way to good.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats awfully misleading. I wouldn't put the broken play 77 yards TD to Moore on Peterson. He had perfect coverage on Nuk. The 2 LB covered to RB and 2 safety ran to the other side of the field. one or 2 of those guys were out of position. There no way 1 CB is responsible for 1 WR 10 yards down the field and another 35 yards down the field on the same play.

Nuk did score on peterson in the 1st Q, but that was also a broken play were Murry did a full 360 inside the pocket and the play broke down. Hats off the Nuk for finding an open space. Other than than play, Peterson pretty much shut down Nuk.

Fact it, our D would be a lot better if peterson was still on our team. Cards did not test peterson often in the game. They torched the other CB. I still would have pressed the ball to Nuk whenever he had 1 on 1 coverage with peterson. Nuk is at the pinnacle of his career and pro b the best WR in the game. Nuk didnt have the ball thrown his way ONE time for the last 3.5 Quarters of the game. I dont care who is covering him, thats unacceptable. hes way to good.

Yeah very misleading he pretty much shut Hopkins down outside of the first. He played very well.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah very misleading he pretty much shut Hopkins down outside of the first. He played very well.
Not really. They were double teaming Hop pretty much the whole time which caused Kyler not to even look his way. So both misleading.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray didn't look his way once in the 2nd half. There was a safety over Peterson Murray's pre snap reads were other matchups. i was yelling several times to throw to Hopkins anyhow. I felt like there were catches and PIs that we didn't get because Murray didn't go to Hopkins in the 2nd half. Peterson v Hopkins was a PI just waiting to happen.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allowing only 4 catches your way sounds pretty good to me. Although, he bit on that one throw and lost his assignment. That was on him busted play or not. He lost track of his assignment scared Kyler was going to run.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of hate for a guy who gave us many good seasons of play.
No hate, I appreciate what he did here. It was time to move on and I'm glad we did. I root for the team first and players second. I'm also happy Larry decided to not come back. Love him to death, but it was time. I'm also happy he didn't join PP in Minnesota. It would be like Jerry Rice joining the Raiders to pad stats.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of hate for a guy who gave us many good seasons of play.
I appreciate what he did while he was here but it was time for him to move on. Nothing wrong with realizing that or the fact that moving on from him ended up benefitting the team.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my PP21 jersey and don't plan on getting rid of it. He was a great player for us and had a lot of exciting moments. Most divorces are ugly. I got over it. I wish him no ill will.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not make this comparison to a women's menstrual cycle. It degrades women and considering your mother had to push you out of her, let's be respectful on that topic. Plus, it's scientifically proven that women have a higher pain threshold than men.