Making the Browns See Red

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
  1. The Cards cannot throw away drives. The Cards will need TDs, not FGs to win this game. Too often this team has put together good looking drives, only to come away with 3 points or less.
  2. The Cards must force Mayfield to beat them through the air. If he runs they must hit him hard; not to hurt him but to worry him he is risking injury. If he throws from the pocket, pressure won’t be good enough. They will need sacks, which is a big ask with Jones out. They should break out the blitz package.
  3. The Cards must force turnovers. Based on the most recent games it seems unlikely the Cards can shut down the run as they did against the Titans. The Browns rightly fear Murray and want to keep him off the field. If Murray can develop rhythm, he can beat the Browns in a shoot out. The Cards can’t let the Browns dominate time of possession.
  4. Kingsbury must call a better game than he did against the Niners. Motion is critical. The Cards use it successfully early, then forget to call it the rest of the game. Sweeps, including Jet Sweeps, have to be employed. Moore is the key offensive player to win this game. Hit him on swing passes, screens (remember those KK?) and various short routes. Let him tire those linebackers. Then run right at those LBs in the fourth quarter.
  5. The Cards must play a clean game. No turnovers and very few penalties. Make the Browns beat them. The Cards will beat themselves if they don’t stay disciplined. Kyler can’t get impatient and force throws. His opportunities will be there if he waits.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I agree, if the Browns can dominate TOP, the Cardinals are going to find it quite tough to win this game.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think this team suffers against shifty backs. Henry is a great back but he's not exactly elusive. So the question is if they can then stop Chubb who I view as a similar back as Henry, but then again don't they have Hunt who's more of a quick in space back. Look, if the Cardinals stop the Brown's run game they will likely win... stop the run, because the Browns have proven Baker though a NFL QB is not going to beat you with his passing

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we start with 2 d-linemen I’ll crap the couch.

I think a hybrid 4-3 is the way to go. Blitz one guy from different areas and sometimes 2 guys.
Oh , and score 35 pts.

Hey, they gotta stop us too..

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m not worried about Kingsbury. He’s likely scripted the first 25 plays, perhaps with 2 scenarios. I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow provides a script to start the second half.

This should also give Murray a chance to audible often. This could help with his development. Look for fun.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not worried about Kingsbury. He’s likely scripted the first 25 plays, perhaps with 2 scenarios. I wouldn’t be surprised if he somehow provides a script to start the second half.

This should also give Murray a chance to audible often. This could help with his development. Look for fun.
I get what you’re saying. Should be fun regardless. No pressure and may fuel the team. Just can’t script the high presssure big play calls is all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA