ASU v Utah

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough road game. Utah dismantled USC dismantled this weekend.

We need to see the offense get in sync. For the last 2 and a half quarters, the offense has not scored and looked out of sorts.

ASU to #18 in latest AP Poll.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game on Saturday with Utah is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. and televised on ESPN.

I looked at the weather. It's supposed to be sunny with a high of 58 degrees, an improvement from rain and snow earlier in the week.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The game on Saturday with Utah is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. and televised on ESPN.

I looked at the weather. It's supposed to be sunny with a high of 58 degrees, an improvement from rain and snow earlier in the week.

Awesome, whew. I don't even own any snow gear! Hope that holds

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An injury update.

By Theo Mackie Arizona Republic:

Redshirt junior defensive end Michael Matus was back at practice on Tuesday after missing the win over Stanford. Matus has eight tackles in five games this season.

Senior safety Evan Fields was absent despite playing against Stanford. He missed the previous week’s trip to UCLA. Fifth-year senior cornerback Chase Lucas was also not spotted at practice. He left Saturday’s win with an apparent injury.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
An injury update.

By Theo Mackie Arizona Republic:

Redshirt junior defensive end Michael Matus was back at practice on Tuesday after missing the win over Stanford. Matus has eight tackles in five games this season.

Senior safety Evan Fields was absent despite playing against Stanford. He missed the previous week’s trip to UCLA. Fifth-year senior cornerback Chase Lucas was also not spotted at practice. He left Saturday’s win with an apparent injury.

That will suck if Fields and Lucas are both out.

Reaction score
Hi guys, planning to bring my son out to a game at Sun Devil stadium for either USC or Washington State. He's been wanting to go to a game out there since I brought him back a shirt from the bookstore while working in Scottsdale March of 2020, the week COVID shutdowns began... Coming in from Nashville and know little to nothing about the football games, traditions, good seating locations, etc. All we know is the stadium looks awesome from the air. Any advice or tips? We'd love to do some tailgating but will have to Uber to the field from our hotel and, well, that won't be too conducive to our setting up a tailgate. We plan to visit the bookstore again, assuming it's open on game days, and get more ASU garb and then hopefully find a good time at the stadium.

Thanks for any help!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hi guys, planning to bring my son out to a game at Sun Devil stadium for either USC or Washington State. He's been wanting to go to a game out there since I brought him back a shirt from the bookstore while working in Scottsdale March of 2020, the week COVID shutdowns began... Coming in from Nashville and know little to nothing about the football games, traditions, good seating locations, etc. All we know is the stadium looks awesome from the air. Any advice or tips? We'd love to do some tailgating but will have to Uber to the field from our hotel and, well, that won't be too conducive to our setting up a tailgate. We plan to visit the bookstore again, assuming it's open on game days, and get more ASU garb and then hopefully find a good time at the stadium.

Thanks for any help!

I live out of State and haven't been to a game at Sun Devil Stadium in years, so hopefully some others can chime in. You might want to post this as a separate thread. But I would recommend getting there way early, maybe hang out on Mill Avenue and find some good eateries. The places I used to eat at are no longer there!. Its also cool to walk across campus. There is a "Palm Walk" that goes across campus and over a bridge on the way to the stadium, you can see it online here: https://tours.asu.edu/tempe/palm-walk Not sure how old your son is, but if you have the day you could hike around Papago park, A mountain, check out Tempe Town Lake, etc. which are all nearby.

Hope you guys have a great time!

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was hoping for better news. It hurts the secondary for sure.
I thought that last week and defense held up very well. It certainly isn’t optimal but I don’t think Utah is nearly as potent a passing attack as Stanford is?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that last week and defense held up very well. It certainly isn’t optimal but I don’t think Utah is nearly as potent a passing attack as Stanford is?

I'm going to have to read up on Utah. The Cardinal were good at the slant and fade pass routes.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clear skies and super sunny. It was raining earlier in the week, hopefully the field is in good shape. Lots of ASU fans in town. Can't believe it's an 8pm kickoff, that's nuts.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clear skies and super sunny. It was raining earlier in the week, hopefully the field is in good shape. Lots of ASU fans in town. Can't believe it's an 8pm kickoff, that's nuts.
It's 7:00 locally so that's normal.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a great time at the game!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah favored by 5% in ESPN Match-up Predictor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose