Boldin: "There is no bad blood, There is no bad feelings"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw #81 signing autographs for the fans during game 1. Oh that was the real #81 Frank Sanders
It's always great to see Frank and Larry (Centers) walking around at the games. They'll always take pictures or sign autographs with fans. Kwamie Lassiter did that before he passed away, too. Great guys who were tough on the field when they played for us.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It wasn't just one moment with Q. He ditched the postgame celebration when we clinched the Super Bowl. He wouldn't "fully" wear his jersey during camp while upset over contract negotiations. Childish crap like that. Fans have every right to be upset about that kind of ish. Not that they are taking management's side, but you want the players to be united on a singular mission to get to the Super Bowl - and win it. His actions were a distraction and he seemed to care more about himself than the team. I would hope, in hindsight, that he wished he had acted differently and doesn't still think that he was in the right and that an apology from Rod freaking Graves is what makes him feel all warm and tingly inside and makes "everything right again."
Anquan was one of my all time favorites but I absolutely hated the way he acted at the end.
You would think if you worked your butt off your whole career to get to the Superbowl, that when it actually happened you could put the petty stuff aside and celebrate as a team and with a fan base that had endured so much. That showed me that he didn't really care about the team concept or winning, just himself.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anquan was one of my all time favorites but I absolutely hated the way he acted at the end.
You would think if you worked your butt off your whole career to get to the Superbowl, that when it actually happened you could put the petty stuff aside and celebrate as a team and with a fan base that had endured so much. That showed me that he didn't really care about the team concept or winning, just himself.
Same here.

The reason it left such a bad taste in so many fans' mouths is that he was such a huge fan favorite.

Then he went to the Ravens for a short stint (3 years), won a Super Bowl with them, but ended up in another contract dispute which eventually led to him being traded to the Niners for a 6th-round pick.

Unable to resolve a contract dispute with veteran wide receiver Anquan Boldin, the Ravens traded him to the San Francisco 49ers on Monday in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.

So, different teams, different agents, different levels of success + same Anquan = contract disputes.

Although he played 7 years as a Cardinal, 3 as a Raven, and 3 as a Niner, he also played for the Lions and was signed, but cut by the Bills. When he retired (as a Raven) he said "Once a Raven, always a Raven."

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How is P2's time with Cardinals any less successful compared to AQ?

Oh, P2 hurt your feelings?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Same here.

The reason it left such a bad taste in so many fans' mouths is that he was such a huge fan favorite.

Then he went to the Ravens for a short stint (3 years), won a Super Bowl with them, but ended up in another contract dispute which eventually led to him being traded to the Niners for a 6th-round pick.

Unable to resolve a contract dispute with veteran wide receiver Anquan Boldin, the Ravens traded him to the San Francisco 49ers on Monday in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.

So, different teams, different agents, different levels of success + same Anquan = contract disputes.

Although he played 7 years as a Cardinal, 3 as a Raven, and 3 as a Niner, he also played for the Lions and was signed, but cut by the Bills. When he retired (as a Raven) he said "Once a Raven, always a Raven."
Yep.

He didn't choose to be associated with our favorite team, so I look at him as a one-time Cardinal who pouted during the biggest moments in franchise history. He was a mercenary player and doesn't deserve the same treatment as franchise guys.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are feelings more important than Boldin's contributions (after a decade) to Cardinals team when they were laughing stock?

Larry squeezed more money out of Cardinals than he was worth in the final years. That doesn't diminish his contribution as the greatest Cardinal.

Put Boldin in ROH.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Are feelings more important than Boldin's contributions (after a decade) to Cardinals team when they were laughing stock?

Larry squeezed more money out of Cardinals than he was worth in the final years. That doesn't diminish his contribution as the greatest Cardinal.

Put Boldin in ROH.
The ROH is more than just for good players.

The ROH was for guys who bled Cardinals red, not for guys who bad mouthed the team on their way out of town and retired for a franchise he played for not even half as long.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
His he "Little Q" for any other reason than making an immediate impact? If so that's some indictment on our drafting of WR's!

As players I can't think of 2 skill sets less alike.
I think their skill sets are similar. take height out of the equation and they have a similar build and play style. dont let Rondale's speed distract you from his physicality. That play against Ohio State where he makes a decision to attack the tackler was impressive. Literally launched his shoulder into the defender and jumped into him.

I wouldnt be surprised if he develops into a physical blocker. Maybe Steve Smith Sr is a better comp.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin is for sure a Hall of Fame player.

I don't see Michael ever putting him, Dansby, or Dockett in the RoH even though they were all huge players for us.

In fact I would say it is more likely Dansby makes it just because he came back.

Of course all of this was rendered pointless when you put Carson Palmer in the Ring of Honor. If that is the standard then sure Boldin

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't see Michael ever putting him, Dansby, or Dockett in the RoH even though they were all huge players for us.

In fact I would say it is more likely Dansby makes it just because he came back.

Of course all of this was rendered pointless when you put Carson Palmer in the Ring of Honor. If that is the standard then sure Boldin

I'm confused to what people think the standard is?

Its not lifelong cardinals. They traded Aeneas Williams and Roy Green. They cut A-Dub. Plus Palmer played most his career elsewhere as did Night Train Lane. So tenure isn't a criteria and shouldn't stop Boldin or Dansby.

The only common denominator I can see is they were all time good players for this franchise. So Boldin, Dansby and Dockett should be in.

Of course none of that matters. It's a Bidwill folly and Mike will put in whoever he likes without rhyme or reason.

Last edited:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I know cursing is forbidden...but I forking LOVED The Quan when he was here, and I wished we could've kept him & Larry both. But realistically, we really could only keep one, and Larry was better. I hope Quan makes the HoF...he deserves it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused to what people think the standard is?

Its not lifelong cardinals. They traded Aeneas Williams and Roy Green. They cut A-Dub. Plus Palmer played most his career elsewhere as did Night Train Lane. So tenure isn't a criteria and shouldn't stop Boldin or Dansby.

The only common denominator I can see is they were all time good players for this franchise. So Boldin, Dansby and Dockett should be in.

Of course none of that matters. It's a Bidwill folly and Mike will but in whoever he likes without rhyme or reason.

I honestly have no idea what the standard once Palmer was rocketed in over much larger guys in the team history

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite Boldin moments was a game in Baltimore in 2007. Leinart started that game & the Ravens physically beat us up in the 1st half. Ravens led 20-3 at halftime. Warner came in and threw for 250+ yards, with much of that going to Boldin, who had like 15 catches and almost 200 yards. He was literally running over the most physical team in the NFL. We scored 17 points in the 4th, but had to settle for a tying FG with under 2 minutes left when we couldn’t pull down a pass on 3rd down in the corner of the end zone. The Ravens won on a last second FG after a bs roughing penalty was called on Adrian Wilson when he clearly hit Todd Heap with his shoulder.
I believe that game is when the Ravens started commenting, tongue in cheek, about him being on steroids.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Put Boldin in ROH.

Boldin is a lynchpin in the change to cardinal culture that led to the org we have today. Dockett too. Larry mattered but he is prestige. Boldin, Dockett, Dansby, etc...dogs. We had no dog prior to 2003

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Why not dockett?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I will never forget what he gave us. His passion led to both the good and the bad. Because he gave more to this squad than most ever will.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Q is that he didn't hustle to make a play on the Harrison run back before the half in our SB. Fitz and Breaston (who was lined up on the opposite side of the field) did everything in their power to make a play, while Q gave up. That's the one moment with him that I just can't let go. It might have cost us a championship, and it's likely he gave up because he was being pissy with the organization.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Q is that he didn't hustle to make a play on the Harrison run back before the half in our SB. Fitz and Breaston (who was lined up on the opposite side of the field) did everything in their power to make a play, while Q gave up. That's the one moment with him that I just can't let go. It might have cost us a championship, and it's likely he gave up because he was being pissy with the organization.
This is 100% fake news and I’ve even posted video of it here when a few other claimed such BS... Saw it live from that end zone. And if you look through enough video you can see it. There is a good angle of it on the Football life for James Harrison that just got released this week. He almost immediately gets engaged with another player and gets pushed out of bounds.... Not to mention your last sentence is utter conjecture and total bull... lol

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I will forever love Q. Drafting him was the start of the Cardinals not being the perennial laughing stock of the NFL, and for that I will always be grateful.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furthermore, i seem to recall that Warner admitted that on that play he was trying to force the ball to Boldin, even though Boldin had lined up too tight to the OL.

...dave

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furthermore, i seem to recall that Warner admitted that on that play he was trying to force the ball to Boldin, even though Boldin had lined up too tight to the OL.

...dave
There no furthermore because his post is blatantly false lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose