Quick Thoughts - Minnesota

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
~Defense cant be asleep at the wheel up front, especially against a RB like Cook and a statue like Cousins. Those running holes were wide open. I think I counted three runs in which Cook could've housed it had we not gotten a shoestring tackle. And Cousins had all day to make decisions, which is how he makes his money as he's a dude who needs perfect conditions to operate. The front needs to play better and be more aggressive.

~It took Steve Keim three second-round picks to find his dynamic receiver, but he got Rondale Moore. This kid is going to be special, with a chance to win OROY, especially if the notable QBs from the draft continue to play average.

~Christian Kirk seems to be coming into his own, which is good for the team and for his bank account moving forward. He's improved substantially in catching contested balls. He also seems to have excellent on-field rapport with Kyler, as he's often the safety valve for when Kyler is under duress as evideneced by the past two games. This likely means he'll price himself out of Arizona next season, so big ups to CK for the compensatory pick

~Take away any one of those INTs and Kyler had an MVP-type game. Those two picks were something I'd expect a UDFA to make rather than my dynamic playmaker in his third NFL season. The pick-six he telegraphed and the one down the middle was just a terrible read. Otherwise, he was magnificent, especially on the Moore TD.

~Hopkins was a non-factor after the first quarter. He had the best of PP21 in that quarter, but it looked like PP21 shut Hop down afterwards. It also didnt appear as if Murray looked in his direction much. Maybe he liked Green's and Kirk's matchups better? Was Maxx Williams just wide open all game? Either way, I dont ignore Hop for 45 minutes of game action. He's too elite at his position to use as a glorified decoy, especially against a guy like PP21 who's in the twilight of his career.

~Matt Prater could've made that FG from 70 yards. He was made to kick at SFS and he's an incredible upgrade over the jabroni who kicked for us last season

~I hate that Chase Edmonds doesnt do well when he has a full load because he looks much more shifty and athletic than years past.

~Great game, but Maxx Williams is probably the slowest TE I've ever seen.

~I wish I wasnt a fan of either team, because the first three quarters of that game were some of the best football I've seen in some time.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
~Defense cant be asleep at the wheel up front, especially against a RB like Cook and a statue like Cousins. Those running holes were wide open. I think I counted three runs in which Cook could've housed it had we not gotten a shoestring tackle. And Cousins had all day to make decisions, which is how he makes his money as he's a dude who needs perfect conditions to operate. The front needs to play better and be more aggressive.
The 2 scrambles by Cousins for big yards had me shaking my head

Nobody near him and the middle of the Dline opened up wide enough to drive a truck through

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kirk was great today. And that long 3rd down catch in the first half was pretty impressive. Blanketed and sandwiched by two defender and still coming down with it says a lot about his growth this year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also - Aqib Talib is hot garbage as a color analyst, though I loved the irony of him using a 9mm analogy during the broadcast.
What's up with the aqib talib animations all game? It's like they think he is the focal point of the broadcast

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This highlights my frustration regarding the Cardinals lack of investment in a better TE. Maxx played 74% of snaps in week 2. 10% less than Green but more than Kirk and Moore.

In week 1 Maxx played 80% which was the same as Green and more than Kirk and Moore.

We use a TE a lot. Invest is a really good one and things will take off.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This highlights my frustration regarding the Cardinals lack of investment in a better TE. Maxx played 74% of snaps in week 2. 10% less than Green but more than Kirk and Moore.

In week 1 Maxx played 80% which was the same as Green and more than Kirk and Moore.

We use a TE a lot. Invest is a really good one and things will take off.
At least invest in one who can run a sub-six 40

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
- If this is the definition of "Hurry Up" offense then they suck at it. Most of the time offense could not snap until the final 10 seconds

- James Connor as invisible as his final Steeler days

- There were no bubble screens this game (good for once)

- No line up and run at their throat kind of plays. Staple of any playoff offense. Something to chew on....

- No splash plays from anyone on defense for an entire game is not great

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I rewatched and disagree, hand was on his face before the ball was thrown if you pause at that exact moment.
Watch. The. Ball. It was still going to the wr in a straight line. There was a db both in front of, and behind, the receiver. Where was kyler throwing that where it could’ve possibly been a completion. Go watch again. I’ll wait.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watch. The. Ball. It was still going to the wr in a straight line. There was a db both in front of, and behind, the receiver. Where was kyler throwing that where it could’ve possibly been a completion. Go watch again. I’ll wait.
I don’t think we can conclude 100% either way without hearing from Kyler on it, to me it’s common sense that getting hit in the head before releasing the ball would alter the throw, but I’m not going to sports science it lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
~I hate that Chase Edmonds doesnt do well when he has a full load because he looks much more shifty and athletic than years past.
Um, who says he doesn't do well when he has a full load? I seem to remember him doing quite well last season when he got the bulk of the carries.

I don't think he looks any different either, same exact back I remember.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tend to agree, if he had been untoched that ball would still have been picked off. You can only throw a ball 30 yards so fast, and the DB was there in plenty of time to pick it off.

Gives Kyler an excuse though, and if that is better for his ego than so be it.

Reaction score
- If this is the definition of "Hurry Up" offense then they suck at it. Most of the time offense could not snap until the final 10 seconds

- James Connor as invisible as his final Steeler days

- There were no bubble screens this game (good for once)

- No line up and run at their throat kind of plays. Staple of any playoff offense. Something to chew on....

- No splash plays from anyone on defense for an entire game is not great

I would say holding an offense to 3 points in a half is great & would take that over ''splash'' plays every day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think we can conclude 100% either way without hearing from Kyler on it, to me it’s common sense that getting hit in the head before releasing the ball would alter the throw, but I’m not going to sports science it lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
Lol. Fine ignore me. You’re watching the wrong part to determine if it made a difference where the ball went.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol. Fine ignore me. You’re watching the wrong part to determine if it made a difference where the ball went.
I understand what you’re saying and it’s a fair point, I just think it may have affected the ball’s velocity and trajectory that’s all. Will have to try to watch the All 22 to see where the defenders were just before throw if I get some spare time here :Dold

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose