2021-22 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a Bleacher Report 2018 re-draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put Michael Porter Jr. ahead of Deandre Ayton.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that doesn't add up. I like Mikal a lot but I don't think many teams would take him ahead of JJJ either.

Really? I'd take Mikal over JJJ and I think a lot of franchises would also. Jackson's potential definitely exceeds Mikal's so taking Bridges would be somewhat of a risk but I think Jaren's knees are the bigger gamble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that doesn't add up. I like Mikal a lot but I don't think many teams would take him ahead of JJJ either.

Jaren Jackson Jr. only playing 11 games this past season might have something to do with it but most rankings are subjective.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put Michael Porter Jr. ahead of Deandre Ayton.
Yeah I think that re-draft is a joke if for no other reason than taking Porter over Ayton (or SGA or several others). But then, I am decidedly NOT a fan of Porter's game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think that re-draft is a joke if for no other reason than taking Porter over Ayton (or SGA or several others). But then, I am decidedly NOT a fan of Porter's game.

I'm in the wait and see mode on Porter and Shai might be putting up inflated stats as much as I like him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the wait and see mode on Porter and Shai might be putting up inflated stats as much as I like him.
SGA's stats probably are a little inflated but I just don't have confidence that you can win it all with Porter being "the man". He's a lot like Carmelo in that regard, he'll wow you with what he can do but being the star seems more important than winning the game. And then there's the injury concerns. Anyway, it's all JMO, I know a lot of people are very high on the guy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SGA's stats probably are a little inflated but I just don't have confidence that you can win it all with Porter being "the man". He's a lot like Carmelo in that regard, he'll wow you with what he can do but being the star seems more important than winning the game. And then there's the injury concerns. Anyway, it's all JMO, I know a lot of people are very high on the guy.

This is why I'm waiting on Porter to show me. Maybe he gets there or maybe he doesn't. His COVID-19 comments didn't help.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon agrees to 4 year/ 92 million contract extension with Nuggets. I'm sure Mikal Bridges is paying attention.

8 year vet by age 25. Man I forget how young these guys are when they enter the league.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
8 year vet by age 25. Man I forget how young these guys are when they enter the league.
I like Gordon and at one point would've loved to see him on the Suns but I'm glad WE didn't have to pay him 90 mil.
Didn't realize he was that young either.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is a Bleacher Report 2018 re-draft.

the same MPJ that the Suns were flat out targeting in the playoffs and looked like he wanted no part of the challenge?

I’m not impressed with MPJ at all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Gordon and at one point would've loved to see him on the Suns but I'm glad WE didn't have to pay him 90 mil.
Didn't realize he was that young either.

A part of me wishes the Suns could have traded for Gordon. The Nuggets didn't give up a lot of assets to get him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When I see some of recent draft picks by the Coyotes they look like kids. They are so young.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the same MPJ that the Suns were flat out targeting in the playoffs and looked like he wanted no part of the challenge?

I’m not impressed with MPJ at all.

I definitely wouldn't have ranked Porter at 3 in the re-draft. Maybe around 7.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reported projections for Western Conference standings from ESPN.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reported projections for Western Conference standings from ESPN.

Lakers will struggle to hit 50 wins. I also think Denver will struggle depending on when/if Jamal Murray returns. I also think the Clippers will be better than that, likely are biggest competitor for the division.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN doesn't even make a strong case for the Lakers finishing that high, mentioning how 9 players are over 32 so durability is a big issue there, and mentioning Davis' health and durability issues as well. It basically says if everything goes well, that's their ceiling. I don't argue with that much but no team gets all the breaks. Every other team they discuss what's likely to cause them to lose. So they tried hard pushing the Lakers and still couldn't have them #1.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers will struggle to hit 50 wins. I also think Denver will struggle depending on when/if Jamal Murray returns. I also think the Clippers will be better than that, likely are biggest competitor for the division.

It's so hard to know right now until I see these teams play. The Jazz should still be good as well as the Clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I now have a good reason not to like the Timberwolves.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s absurd. And I think with time Ayton may yet surpass young.

Yeah. I think with Ayton's ability to be the complete package offensively and defensively he has a chance to surpass Young.