Darksiders come forward and get your plate for the week.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This week they def do. Sadly though, we’ll prob get smoked at home next week. It’s just the Cardinal way.
Uh oh. You’re a darksider now. Be ready for people to attack you instead of addressing the substance of your football posts.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty early on this thread. How were the penalties today? I noticed you didn't mention those.

It's a good win and I am happy as I am sure everyone on this board is. A bunch of stuff looked good and plenty of areas to improve.

Penalties (primarily the first drive) and timeout management is what I have pegged. What are the other 'plenty' areas to improve? I didn't notice many and to ask to improve in many other areas, i feel, would be unrealistic.

Amazing front 7 both getting pressure and attacking the run, secondary stayed with WRs outside of the flea-flicker, O-Line had a push on running plays, O-Line gave Murray time, WRs balled out, Kyler was Kyler.

Am I missing something here?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hence why it said “your plate for the week” lol. We all know far too well how this is likely to turn out. That’s why we bask in the glory today lol.
Hence why it said “your plate for the week” lol. We all know far too well how this is likely to turn out. That’s why we bask in the glory today lol.
My bad, I mistook bask for gloat

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty early on this thread. How were the penalties today? I noticed you didn't mention those.

It's a good win and I am happy as I am sure everyone on this board is. A bunch of stuff looked good and plenty of areas to improve.
The penalties were terrible as usual. I still don’t understand why this is still such a joke after three years. How hard is it to watch the ball and not hold??

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh oh. You’re a darksider now. Be ready for people to attack you instead of addressing the substance of your football posts.
I’m pretty sure that’s been going on for years. There is plenty I give the team grief about. Kingsbury gets out coached at least 90% of the time and Kugler is nowhere near as good as he gets credit for. This franchise has truly mastered the art of getting you excited only yo rip your heart out and defecate on it. Heart issues and poop: it’s what the Cardinals do.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Penalties (primarily the first drive) and timeout management is what I have pegged. What are the other 'plenty' areas to improve? I didn't notice many and to ask to improve in many other areas, i feel, would be unrealistic.

Amazing front 7 both getting pressure and attacking the run, secondary stayed with WRs outside of the flea-flicker, O-Line had a push on running plays, O-Line gave Murray time, WRs balled out, Kyler was Kyler.

Am I missing something here?
Do you really want me to get into this? I can but would prefer just to enjoy the day.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Do you really want me to get into this? I can but would prefer just to enjoy the day.
I mean, yes? That's why I asked.

Football is an imperfect game. There's another team of 11 guys trying to disrupt everything you are doing. Thus, it will ALWAYS be possible to nit-pick areas that weren't perfect even if they performed as well as one could reasonably expect.

As I said, I thought the penalties in the first drive & time-out management are the major things that need addressing. Just curious as to the numerous other things you noticed that need improvement.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I mean, yes? That's why I asked.

Football is an imperfect game. There's another team of 11 guys trying to disrupt everything you are doing. Thus, it will ALWAYS be possible to nit-pick areas that weren't perfect even if they performed as well as one could reasonably expect.

As I said, I thought the penalties in the first drive & time-out management are the major things that need addressing. Just curious as to the numerous other things you noticed that need improvement.
Blitz package was bad, again. I'm not sure it go home once.
Penalties.
Substitutions.
We had WRs run into each other on a 3rd down route combo.
We had our QB take another loss vs throwing the ball away.
Lack of pre-snap motion.
The Kyler int was a really bad play that didn't impact the game.
AJ stepping out of bounds on a reception as a vet.

A lot of the things teams need to work on are nit-picking. That is what film study is. A LT gives up 10 sacks in a year and he is a bum even though he pass blocked over 500 times. A WR averages a drop per game and he sucks. So, some areas to clean up and a lot of areas to build off of.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kirk is trash. Murphy can’t cover. Chandler Jones is a has been. Simmons is a bust. Moore is only hype. Kingsbury can’t call a game. Keim can’t assemble a team. LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
LOL you stay classy, @cardsfanmd smh

As to the game, well, although there is PLENTY of work to do, DAMN is it good to get a huge win against a playoff team and start the year off RIGHT. There are concerns, but we have an MVP-caliber QB, and that will hopefully carry us a long, long way. I'll gladly nibble a little crow, for now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

As to the game, well, although there is PLENTY of work to do, DAMN is it good to get a huge win against a playoff team and start the year off RIGHT. There are concerns, but we have an MVP-caliber QB, and that will hopefully carry us a long, long way. I'll gladly nibble a little crow, for now.
"we have an MVP-caliber QB"

I'll take "things that have never been said by Cards fans" for $5,000, Alex.

Stout, I'm with you. It's not perfect, but this was a great game and good step.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see some fans want it both ways.

Freezing Cold Takes exists for a reason. You can't spend all offseason saying how Kirk is trash, the RB room sucks, Julio and Brown are going to smoke our CB room, Titans are going to spank us etc etc and then expect people to just let it slide when you're wrong.

Now, I haven't said a single thing to "rub it in", but at the same time it's hard faced for some people to have a go at those that feel they have earned the right to say they were correct. I'm sure if the roles were reversed and we got run over those same people would be saying "See! We were right".

At least @Solar7 had the good grace to accept his plate of crow rather than say "I don't deserve any crow. I was just saying it how I see it".

How you saw it was wrong. Eat the crow.

I'll have a nibble on Kliff as there were improvements in motion and moving guys around. Still not quite there for me yet and there were some major issues with clock and pens. I imagine when we see AJ Green's route map it's going to be a lot like Kirk's last year, a whole bunch of comebacks and curls, which is the opposite of what you want with Green but overall progression.

I loved the walk in TD for Kyler where he put Fotu and Watt on the field.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It wouldn’t be a thread on asfn if @Stout isn't crying on it somewhere. Stop talking with your mouth full lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you see how quickly Jamar Chase ran right by him on that long TD pass? Same thing we saw last season, young WR's running right by him so yah, I really see how he's worth 10 million lol.

That was Breeland. PP21 isn't 21 anymore. Highly confusing. He's now #7.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blitz package was bad, again. I'm not sure it go home once.
Penalties.
Substitutions.
We had WRs run into each other on a 3rd down route combo.
We had our QB take another loss vs throwing the ball away.
Lack of pre-snap motion.
The Kyler int was a really bad play that didn't impact the game.
AJ stepping out of bounds on a reception as a vet.

A lot of the things teams need to work on are nit-picking. That is what film study is. A LT gives up 10 sacks in a year and he is a bum even though he pass blocked over 500 times. A WR averages a drop per game and he sucks. So, some areas to clean up and a lot of areas to build off of.
Always room to improve

The team should be working to be the best at all time and honing their skills

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Now, I haven't said a single thing to "rub it in", but at the same time it's hard faced for some people to have a go at those that feel they have earned the right to say they were correct. I'm sure if the roles were reversed and we got run over those same people would be saying "See! We were right".

See this is where your being a newbie comes into play. You haven’t been here long enough to know that NO ONE does this when it’s the opposite (except maybe cheese - but that was apparently in a pm between the two individuals). Just like darksiders generally talk football and don’t proactively attack posters like the koolaiders do. But if this kind of crud keeps up that’s eventually going to change. And it’s going to be a stupid flame war on ASFN. At present it seems no one cares about civility as long as it’s the darksiders that are attacked. I get it.