Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, this was one of the biggest surprises of the year for me (2021, not 2022). I went into it kind of tired of the trailer, which seems to have been playing for a year in the theater.

I was majorly entertained by this. Matthew Vaughn does something Zach Snyder can't: Have style AND substance. It's just dripping with interesting filmmaking tricks, slow-motion, cameras placed in locations you don't expect, you name it. And it does a good job of throwing you off with little twists throughout the entire movie. One about 3/4 of the way through really knocked me for a loop.

All in all, a fantastic trip to the movies and well worth the time and money.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was really disappointed in this. Didn't at all capture the spirit and feel of the original. Draaaaagged a lot in the middle. Some really fun moments, but an overall miss. Which stinks, as I was looking forward to it so much. It was Mom and I's Christmas Day movie. Ah well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was really disappointed in this. Didn't at all capture the spirit and feel of the original. Draaaaagged a lot in the middle. Some really fun moments, but an overall miss. Which stinks, as I was looking forward to it so much. It was Mom and I's Christmas Day movie. Ah well.
Totally disagree with you on this one. Easily better than #2 and on par with #1.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Totally disagree with you on this one. Easily better than #2 and on par with #1.
That's cool. Agreeing on everything would be boring.

I've heard #2 stunk. On par with #1? For me, I guess that would depend on which style you liked, because they're almost totally different movies. #3, a lot of what I disliked I would have liked in, say, a WWI drama, or a Downton Abbey-esque BBC show. I disliked it in a rip-roaring romp that was #1, because it was so tonally dissonant and different from #1.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose