Cards re-sign Corey Peters after a workout

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think the whole leadership aspect on the pro level is a bit overrated, heck I think Gardeck then is as much of a leader as Fitz with the whole lead by example perspective, but Peters if anyone does have those traits. Have no idea how much he has left in the tank after his injury or what the hell is going on with Phillips but happy to have him back... I know JJ is a noted leader from his days with the Texans but Peters has bleed Cardinal red and it's comforting to see him back

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love the signing, I am feeling better about the dline. I think Keim and Peter's knew this was going to happen all along.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree with above, appreciate Peters contribution, and WTF does this say re: Phillips?

It says he was a one season wonder and he's returned to his previous form. Which is what usually happens.

He's a guy that can only produce when he's surrounded by talent so with CJ back and the addition of Watt he has a chance to do something this year but it was a bad deal. You don't pay $10m+ to an iDL that can only produce under those circumstances.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love the signing, I am feeling better about the dline. I think Keim and Peter's knew this was going to happen all along.

D line might actually be out strongest room. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do.

I think the final room will be Allen, Philips, Fotu, Lawrence, Peters, Watt, Jones, Golden, Kennard, Gardeck. Possibly Dimukeja if he impresses enough but likely to go to PS.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It says he was a one season wonder and he's returned to his previous form. Which is what usually happens.

He's a guy that can only produce when he's surrounded by talent so with CJ back and the addition of Watt he has a chance to do something this year but it was a bad deal. You don't pay $10m+ to an iDL that can only produce under those circumstances.
I don't know about that. Why wouldn't you bring back a known quantity for cheap (Peters) who can start?

I think we are all disappointed in Philips, but I don't think this is necessarily a direct indictment of him specifically.

Bringing back Peters means that Fotu doesn't have to start, and a starting unit of Watt-Peters-Philips looks good on paper. Even better when you consider Allen-Fotu-Lawrence are the back ups.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about that. Why wouldn't you bring back a known quantity for cheap (Peters) who can start?

I think we are all disappointed in Philips, but I don't think this is necessarily a direct indictment of him specifically.

Bringing back Peters means that Fotu doesn't have to start, and a starting unit of Watt-Peters-Philips looks good on paper. Even better when you consider Allen-Fotu-Lawrence are the back ups.
This is a good rotation on paper.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love Corey Peters. He's from right here in Louisville, Ky & played at the University of Kentucky. Watched him develop from high school all the way through college. Glad we signed him away from the Falcons. He's been a great addition to our Cardinals DL. The injury he had last season is tough to come back from. That being said, taking his age into consideration & the fact he got resigned shows that he still has something left in the tank.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-line looks like a strength for this team. We need 2 of the young "backups" to earn a 2nd contract if we want it to continue.