2021 NBA Free Agency and Trades

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the Lakers have certainly addressed their shooting.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And they got rid of 2 of their best 3pt shooters in KCP and Kuzma. It looks good to say they added those guys when you ignore what they lost and who those guys are supposed to replace.

They're losing Schroeder also, hopefully theyre not able to get something in return with a sign and trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1Sun or should I say Andrew Light.....has the dubious honor of being the only person on my ignore list.
I've tried it before, it made the board a challenge to read. And then, as he dragged the mood lower and lower, it seemed to affect the posting of others. You can't let his nonsense go unchallenged, too many people can be swayed by his misinformation if no one is correcting or challenging it. JMO.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So...the Suns are setting themselves up to be forced to give Stix, who can't cut it in the G League, major minutes in an NBA championship run.

Ouch.

:thumbup: You are hilarious.

Attachments

• 1628019397534.png
    1628019397534.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably on here already but local media says Curry will sign a 4 year deal to stay with Warriors

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Once again, what significant power forward could the Suns have signed that didn’t take a hometown discount/go to a very specific team/or just cost too much?

Jeff Green
Trey Lyles
James Johnson
P.J. Tucker
Semi Ojeleye

Any would have been okay as a back-up to Crowder. Not ideal by any means, but certainly better than playing Cam out of position or playing Stix at all.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they got rid of 2 of their best 3pt shooters in KCP and Kuzma. It looks good to say they added those guys when you ignore what they lost and who those guys are supposed to replace.

They're losing Schroeder also, hopefully theyre not able to get something in return with a sign and trade.

every one of those guys is a better shooter than Kuzma who was a pedestrian 36%.

they’ve got shooters and did a good job there. To say otherwise is drinking haterade. That said, I still don’t think that a mix that works in the playoffs. Likely wins a lot of regular season games where LeBron can take his foot off the gas and let Russ’ freak flag fly.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's easy to dislike the Lakers because they attract all this talent.

is Malik Monk a talent? His team didn’t offer him an extension and he pretty much signed for nothing. That lets you know how he’s thought of around the nba

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
every one of those guys is a better shooter than Kuzma who was a pedestrian 36%.

they’ve got shooters and did a good job there. To say otherwise is drinking haterade. That said, I still don’t think that a mix that works in the playoffs. Likely wins a lot of regular season games where LeBron can take his foot off the gas and let Russ’ freak flag fly.

there going to have a hard time stopping anybody.

I don’t see anything special with the guys they signed. They can shoot but do nothing else really

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
is Malik Monk a talent? His team didn’t offer him an extension and he pretty much signed for nothing. That lets you know how he’s thought of around the nba

He's better than Landry Shamet.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried it before, it made the board a challenge to read. And then, as he dragged the mood lower and lower, it seemed to affect the posting of others. You can't let his nonsense go unchallenged, too many people can be swayed by his misinformation if no one is correcting or challenging it. JMO.
Feeding a troll never got rid of a troll.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Can that team play any defense at all?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Jeff Green
Trey Lyles
James Johnson
P.J. Tucker
Semi Ojeleye

Any would have been okay as a back-up to Crowder. Not ideal by any means, but certainly better than playing Cam out of position or playing Stix at all.

The fact that in your eyes the difference between a successful off-season or a disaster off-season came down to us getting Trey Lyles or Semi Ojeleye is laughable and peak trolling.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crowder is the starting 4, Johnson is the backup 4. And remember, there is a good reason that coaches such as Hubie Brown have often said that "NBA position labels are for fans that don't understand the game".

And yet the last two NBA champions had each position filled classically.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing some reports that the Bulls are trying to get DeRozan in a sign and trade for Lauri and its down to the Bulls and Clippers, but there isn't much on the Clipers that the Spurs want for a sign and trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I may have mistaken a tweet I saw the other day then about their 3pt shooting. I saw mention that KCP and Kuzma were their top 3pt shooters but that may have been volume rather than percentage.

I still don't think they've replaced what they lost very well. Their size was an advantage that they've now lost without Kuzma and Trez.

I like how they replaced Drummond with Howard but stocking the end of the bench with good shooters who won't play doesn't help much. They had Troy Daniels a couple years ago and people thought that was a good signing but he never saw the floor. I can't see those 4 getting many minutes

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The fact that in your eyes the difference between a successful off-season or a disaster off-season came down to us getting Trey Lyles or Semi Ojeleye is laughable and peak trolling.

I am trying to be realistic here. We just need someone semi-serviceable who is an actual 4 to play minutes at the 4 next to Ayton or McGee. Each and every one of those players, while certainly not a world beater, is a significant improvement over what we currently have at the 4, which is literally nothing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Paul Millsap, Patrick Patterson, Nicolo Melli and Ersan Ilyasova are still some power forward options available.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing some reports that the Bulls are trying to get DeRozan in a sign and trade for Lauri and its down to the Bulls and Clippers, but there isn't much on the Clipers that the Spurs want for a sign and trade.

Too bad the Suns couldn't get Markkanen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Paul Millsap, Patrick Patterson, Nicolo Melli and Ersan Ilyasova are still some power forward options available.

Millsap and Ilyasova are essentially done. If either sees time it shouldn't be at PF because neither can move.

Patterson is a scrub and I'm unfamiliar with Melli. I'd rather throw Stix into the fire and see how he responds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was sort of funny.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We would have won the championship with Ilyasova. He draws a charge every other play. I hate that type of defense, but it is rewarded by refs.

Like what does the league want to be, an epic Cam Johnson dunk or PJ Tucker falling down with minimal contact. I said the same thing when Kobe absolutely murdered Nash with a similar dunk years ago. Many Suns fans wanted a charge and I disagreed. It was a phenomenal dunk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Millsap and Ilyasova are essentially done. If either sees time it shouldn't be at PF because neither can move.

Patterson is a scrub and I'm unfamiliar with Melli. I'd rather throw Stix into the fire and see how he responds.

At least I'm not throwing sticks into the fire. :)

I'm trying to have some fun.