Suns @ Bucks Tuesday Finals game thread 7-20-2021 - Game 6

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nobody ever just "develops" a killer instinct. You either have it, or you don't. Booker has it...to a fault at this point, and like Kobe before him he needs to learn to temper his game and pick his spots better. Ayton just isn't motivated. At all. Very nice guy...but too nice ever to be great.
Agree either you are killer or your not. Booker will fight you in an alley. Ayton would call his momma

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ayton got worn down you could tell. You do realize he’s legit the only big we got

Crowder is 6’6 and Craig is 6’7 and there playing PF for us against one of the biggest team in the NBA. Ayton has the entire rebounding load on his shoulders oh and has to defend Giannis.

this point the finger at the 22 year old stuff is a joke when our all time great future first ballet hall of fame PG got his lunch money taken by Jrue Holiday. We lost this not because of Ayton we lost this because of Paul’s last 3 games he was horrible
Need a hustle big and sharp shooter at wing next year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He played great in the first three rounds. How do you explain that? I mean sure, Ayton is the punching bag if the board, and for good reason. But you are talking in absolutes like the first three rounds didn’t exist.
No, he played terrific, for the most part. But he didn’t play tough. He played with skill usually. But as a big sometimes you need to find the dog. His dog is a chihuahua.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We lost because we lost lol. 3 games we had a very good shot to finish it....and we didnt. 8 plays that are different we're champs. Excited for our future and how they played. Add a PF with some game.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nobody is. He clearly has the talent. What he doesn't have is the motor. And for it to be off in the biggest games in franchise history should be sending alarm bells into chorus.
Ayton was very solid in other playoff series. But all I can see is Giannis running full speed up and down the court contesting everything. Didn’t see ayton run back one time all series

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Still fun to saybi guess ayton know made it further than luka in poffs so far

Ugggggg im calm but man stomach hurts painful.... ill get over this like nash yrs cards sb loss use to it

Hope all u guy's have a awesome night
Yeah this one stings. Have a good night champ.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton was very solid in other playoff series. But all I can see is Giannis running full speed up and down the court contesting everything. Didn’t see ayton run back one time all series

Worse than that was Ayton repeatedly refusing to finish screens and box out, shying away from contact every chance he got.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And Giannis is a two time MVP. To expect Ayton to match him is setting the bar way too high.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

you do understand Giannis is legit an all time great now and in a league with a history of athletic freaks is at the top of that list.

quick give me the list of all 7 footers in the NBA that can keep up with Giannis...I’ll wait. No seriously

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure Giannis got his points and fouls called on him. You can argue fairness or not all day. But the level of desire and effort he gave last four games was head and shoulders above any Suns player period

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thank you Suns...I know we’re all devastated but these guys left it all out there. Being down 13 and taking a 7 point lead on the road in that madhouse.....unreal. Just seemed like the big breaks (offensive rebounds in particular) went there way giving them extra shots. This is a tough one. But thank you Book, CP3, Mikal, DA, Crowder, TC, 2 Cams, Dario , Frank, Langston, JC, Nader, Jaylon Smith and coach Monty (sorry if I left someone out). It was a privilege watching this team compete at the highest level. That was an awesome ride. #RallyTheValley

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And Giannis is a two time MVP. To expect Ayton to match him is setting the bar way too high.

Definitely wasn't expecting Ayton to match Giannis. However I also wasn't expecting him to coast and to not body guys like Jrue Holiday, Pat Connaughton and Bobby Portis on screens and on the glass.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
playing hard is impossible to teach. Has to come from within.

Just don’t see how we can give the kid the max. He’s an outstanding human being and a good player but him as a #2 means eternal 4-7 seed land.
Agree. I think Ayton becomes a terrific #3. But that’s his likely ceiling. I don’t think book is good enough as-is to be a championship #1 either. His defense will never be that level, he’s not consistent enough drawing fouls or shooting 3’s, and he still lets his emotions get the better of him far too often. He would be the best #2, or really a 1b in the league. Kinda need to get him an equivalent sidekick. Kinda like a kawhi and Paul George pairing.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you do understand Giannis is legit an all time great now and in a league with a history of athletic freaks is at the top of that list.

quick give me the list of all 7 footers in the NBA that can keep up with Giannis...I’ll wait. No seriously
He may not be able to keep up with him all the time but I didn’t see Ayton try to match Giannis’s effort. He was always in trail position behind Giannis it seemed.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Giannis 18-19 FT- that's your ball game
Not Ayton not booker not bridges
Giannis was the difference maker.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He may not be able to keep up with him all the time but I didn’t see Ayton try to match Giannis’s effort. He was always in trail position behind Giannis it seemed.

dude do you have any idea how fast Giannis is? Are serious?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not sure Monte is the guy so many head scratching decisions. Why after Payne brought us out of terrible first to a great second qtr and the lead at the half. Then he barely plays if at all in the second half? Constant weird decisions and line ups Monte used just got abused or didn’t work. You basically just had a finals game decided by the refs giving one guy a million free throws on questionable fouls. Good job NBA you put your boy foster in there to deliver and he did!
Still pissed they didn’t go hack-a-Giannis down the stretch of game 5. He’s a confidence FT shooter and was way off.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn’t think he would but Christ at least try with some hustle plays. He was a step slow a lot. Looked tentative at the rim , and turned into Bryant Johnson catching the ball

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Meh

this sucks but come on man the Suns are children for Christ sakes. How long did it take Giannis to get his ring? He’s been dealing with coming up shorts for a few years now. Nobody wins it all the first time

Booker, Ayton, Cam, Bridges all under 25 let that sink in
Giannis is 26. You don’t have to be 30.

no doubt we finally have some hope for the future with the youth. But at what number season do we stop raising that?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose