Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread, but it feels like we're starting to get out-coached. Clips went with a style of play that seemed to expose the Suns weaknesses and they just couldn't get a foothold to mount a sustained comeback. The pressure is mounting and we're seeing some cracks in the mental side of our game too.
We are a few games past beginning to get outcoached.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're probably right.

I'm not a huge B-ball guy and I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon with this playoff run, but even I was shaking my head at some of the same mistakes being made over and over.
Montys multifaceted offense had options galore all season but Lue has effectively gummed up the works and Monty has not identified the antidote.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Between Mann and Beverley his middy is in jeopardy of being blocked a good portion of the time because of their speed. That one looked like it was a concern of his imo.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What lesson? I guess we will have to wait and see tonight. LET’S GO SUNS!

Playing with zero sense of urgency or energy from the jump so they're forced to play catch up for the next 40 minutes or so. Also quit playing hero ball and let the offense work to find a rhythm. I would think those would be easily discernable lessons from game 5.

They can't just expect the Clippers to roll over for them. Which is how they acted early on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Playing with zero sense of urgency or energy from the jump so they're forced to play catch up for the next 40 minutes or so. Also quit playing hero ball and let the offense work to find a rhythm. I would think those would be easily discernable lessons from game 5.

They can't just expect the Clippers to roll over for them. Which is how they acted early on.
Unfortunately I don’t think those two lessons alone win is the game tonight. I hope Monty has something else for them.