Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
how typically diva for Kawhi to be watching the game from a private booth instead of being on the floor with his teammates

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I am watching with my own eyes how effective he has been against Booker since Lue mad the adjustments.

You skipped over the part where I said I think Monty can counter with his own adjustments to get Booker free:

Again he was getting desired results pre-injury. Book before the game said his shot was fine yet again terrible night.

Let's hope Monty can make adjustment but I'm not sure Devin Booker's nose is going to heal any time soon and I am very concerned about Cam Payne's injury.

Chris Paul should be able to shake off the rust.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

Devin Booker said his nose feels fine and he doesn't think it affected his performance at all.

9:11 PM · Jun 24, 2021·TweetDeck

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else. Admitting his nose or mask is throwing him off is an excuse that won't go away. He knows the mask will be there for a few more games, at least, and needs to overcome and adjust to it rather than point to it as a reason he played poorly.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hope Monty can make adjustment but I'm not sure Devin Booker's nose is going to heal any time soon and I am very concerned about Cam Payne's injury.

Chris Paul should be able be able to shake off the rust.
Payne will miss the next game IMO which means someone from the bench needs to step up big time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a feeling the mask will be modified come the next game. Definitely was a factor. Best thing he can do is wear it tonight. Tomorrow. And all day Saturday to make it a part of him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling the mask will be modified come the next game. Definitely was a factor. Best thing he can do is wear it tonight. Tomorrow. And all day Saturday to make it a part of him.

his face looked totally smushed in that thing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect him to say anything else. Admitting his nose or mask is throwing him off is an excuse that won't go away. He knows the mask will be there for a few more games, at least, and needs to overcome and adjust to it rather than point to it as a reason he played poorly.

Yes. This is what I would expect Booker to say. It's up to him to help lead.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He needs an ice hockey mask. :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not too worried as of yet. This was going to be the hardest game to win of these two games in LA. Let's see how we bounce back in game 4. Still have a chance to pretty much put this series away in that game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can’t we put flex to bed?

I don't think Flex is a problem, its how people interpret what he says. He said Booker was fine and will wear a mask. Booker says he fine also, which is in line with what Flex said. Anyone who watched could tell Booker was off though and some people will say it was the defense, the mask, the nose, whatever.

History has shown that players wearing face masks don't play up to the same level as they do without. I've tried to find stats on that but couldn't find anything specific. You can find a ton of quotes from players who hate wearing them but few will directly attribute poor play to them.

Other than that, all Flex said was CP3 would return without any minute restrictions, which was true but didn't really take an insider to guess as much would be true.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've only seen an injured player near his teammates in street clothes or not there at all

And Covid restrictions have the bench more spread out than ever before, only allowing a handful of team personnel to be in that area as well.

I'm not saying he's barred from the bench area but this season more than any other, the rules aren't as clear as far as who is allowed to be there and not. We don't know if Kawhi is vaxxed either. If he's not, then being in a luxury box is much safer for him than on the sidelines, especially when hes not playing.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thank you, official excuse-maker and 1tin contrarian
but, if a luxury box is "safer for him" it's safer for every injured player this season
and AGAIN, i've never seen that before

not a big deal anyway
shoo fly

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you, official excuse-maker and 1tin contrarian
but, if a luxury box is "safer for him" it's safer for every injured player this season
and AGAIN, i've never seen that before

not a big deal anyway
shoo fly

Go ahead and continue bashing a player who wasn't going to play, and its unknown if he's allowed on the sideline since he's inactive, for watching the game from a luxury box with his family.

You find the most petty things to complain about. If that's what it takes to feel better about a loss though, whatever. You do you, tinfoil.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose