Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
These games are every other day. How fast do most players who miss an entire game come back from sprained ankles?
Depends… if it was a high ankle sprain, he’s toast for the rest of this series.
But, if it’s just a regular lower ankle roll/sprain, he could actually play Saturday. Donovan Mitchell did it… he wasn’t 100%, but he played.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 really slowed things down too much. I wanted to see them run the clippers down

rotations were off several times on defense.

maybe should have sat Booker and let the swelling go down, blood gets pumping and the I’m sure it’s swelling and throbbing.

Oh the Mann “block” was another no call as book drove and was fouled first. Then the shot and he was blocked.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am disappointed, but let's be realistic- Suns have won eight or nine games in a row. They were due to have one terrible game. Tonight reminded me of those few regular season games they lost in a similar fashion- nothing was clicking. If they lose the next one, I will start to get worried, but for now...it's just one game. They were due to suck for one game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is but part of it is he's more worried about falling down and trying to draw the foul and they're not giving it to him tonight

Chris Paul can hit the three. He shot .395 this season from 3-point range.

His shots weren't falling tonight. No way on a normal night Paul shoots 5-19 from the field.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Depends… if it was a high ankle sprain, he’s toast for the rest of this series.
But, if it’s just a regular lower ankle roll/sprain, he could actually play Saturday. Donovan Mitchell did it… he wasn’t 100%, but he played.
I’ll be surprised if Payne plays again. And if he does, I expect nothing like what we’ve gotten from him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty didn’t use a challenge too.

Payne injured now, suns are cursed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the Suns are lucky Kawhi is injured. They were lucky that AD was injured and LeBron was 75%.

I also think the Suns are STILL winning the championship. Just steal game 4 (likely w/o Payne) and they will go on to win the championship imo.

This is the year to do it. Get it done.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I’ll be surprised if Payne plays again. And if he does, I expect nothing like what we’ve gotten from him.
If he doesn’t play Saturday, and is able to play Monday, I think he’d be close to being the guy we’ve seen all post season.
If he does play on Saturday, I’d be surprised if he’s able to be the same guy we’ve seen lately (really all season actually).

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the fudge ever we were hacked and fouled all night with little calls! Total horseshit and Booker and Paul have never ever shot this poorly since being teammates. We got screwed in LA no shock get game 4 and come close them out at home!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am disappointed, but let's be realistic- Suns have won eight or nine games in a row. They were due to have one terrible game. Tonight reminded me of those few regular season games they lost in a similar fashion- nothing was clicking. If they lose the next one, I will start to get worried, but for now...it's just one game. They were due to suck for one game.

Seriously. The sky is falling attitude for a team that all season has answered the bell when up against the wall is kinda funny to me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People here were thinking we were massive favorites and would blow the Clippers out of the water. I couldn't see that.

If Leonard wasn't hurt, the Clippers would clearly be the most talented team left. Because he is out, we have a decent shot to win the series.

It's going to be a dog fight.

The amount of talk about who we were facing in the finals and basically the remainder of this series was a formality with CP3 returning was a bit much.

All the Suns did was protect home court in games 1 & 2. They did it without Chris Paul, which was amazing, but I don't think people paid attention to how hard fought those games were and if 1 or 2 plays in each went the other way we'd be down 0-2 headed to LA tonight.

The Clips adjusted, now we need to counter that. Its not over, not even close. Its the Western Conference Finals, it was never going to be that easy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amount of talk about who we were facing in the finals and basically the remainder of this series was a formality with CP3 returning was a bit much.

All the Suns did was protect home court in games 1 & 2. They did it without Chris Paul, which was amazing, but I don't think people paid attention to how hard fought those games were and if 1 or 2 plays in each went the other way we'd be down 0-2 headed to LA tonight.

The Clips adjusted, now we need to counter that. Its not over, not even close. Its the Western Conference Finals, it was never going to be that easy.

yup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t they? He has locked down Booker two games in a row… He’s making Book look like a 2nd round hope pick.

Booker had good looks tonight.

Don't you think the broken nose and face mask had something to do with it as well?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty just said Payne’s ankle was bad enough he couldn’t come back. That sounds bad. I bet he misses the next game.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything and every officiating call went their way, not hard to win a game under those circumstances. We should have shot a lot more free throws and Beverly having only 2 fouls says it all, he hacks booker all game and has 2 fouls????

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Booker had good looks tonight.

Don't you think the broken nose and face mask had something to do with it as well?
Before he broke his nose in Game 2, Beverly owned him then as well…
Yes, I’m sure the mask isn’t helping, but I am 100% convinced Beverly has taken up full residency inside Book’s head. It’s a serious, serious problem and I am not at all convinced Book has the game and the mind to get over PatBev…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose