Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In my conspiracy laden mind, this is exactly why the NBA tried to hard to give the Clippers a win.

if our series is short, and the Eastern Conference Finals is long, the Suns could have a looooong break before the Finals.

The NBA no doubt is hoping that our series goes long, and the ECF is short, so they both finish up at around the same time.
They did not need to rush game one for Sunday. I still do not know why they did that. It would have benefitted both teams. The Clips would have gotten a little rest and CP3 would have gotten and extra game.

Oh well. Turned out OK for the suns.

This game is going to mess with PG's mind like the the Atlanta series did with Embiid and Ben Simmons.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I expect Kawhi to come back, especially at home and down 2-0

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They did not need to rush game one for Sunday. I still do not know why they did that. It would have benefitted both teams. The Clips would have gotten a little rest and CP3 would have gotten and extra game.

Oh well. Turned out OK for the suns.

This game is going to mess with PG's mind like the the Atlanta series did with Embiid and Ben Simmons.

I wanted them to rush the game. Wanted the Clippers tired and less time for Kawhi to recover. I believe us without CP3 are a better team than them without Kawhi but if both CP3 and Kawhi healthy they are better than us.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I expect Kawhi to come back, especially at home and down 2-0

Kawhi is the last guy in the league that I would expect to put his body at risk of serious injury for a playoff run. Everything he does is decided by his personal "camp" and done in his own personal best interest, not his team's.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted them to rush the game. Wanted the Clippers tired and less time for Kawhi to recover. I believe us without CP3 are a better team than them without Kawhi but if both CP3 and Kawhi healthy they are better than us.

i think if they have Kawhi and we have CP3 and HCA it’s a pick ‘em.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think we still have a good shot at beating them if both were healthy. Just talent wise I think they have that edge over us.

I would still take this team any day. I seen players talk about team in interviews but I truly feel our team means it. No one has an ego. Book could have complained about not getting the last shot. There was trust in giving Bridges the last shot when he was not hitting. No one took full credit on why the game was won. Ownership needs to figure out how to keep our starting 5 with Payne, Johnson and Craig together for a few more years.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever the NBA is lacking with All-Stars and injuries in the playoffs, it’s more than making up with some of the CRAZIEST games and finishes ever.
Two seven games series end with overtime games. Clips come back from and 0-2 deficit twice. This has to be a great post-season for NBA basketball.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
6 wins away from the title now. I started counting it down this way and my family is amazed we are so close! If we win game 3, then we are one handful of games away from the title! Plus LA has to run the table over four games to win. A monumental task.

We have been discussing Booker in a mask due to the broken nose.

Every time I think we will lose, or have lost, as in game 2, we win! This team's heart cannot be discounted. Yet I see Las Vegas is always betting against us, LA was the favorites to win game 2, they also pick the Bucks to be the Champs, etc. No one thinks the Suns can do it. I even see the TV Pundits picking against us. We are the little engine that could!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah...I hate to admit it but that is probably the case. Kawhi is that good.

On paper though I will take CP3, Booker and the way Ayton is playing. For the Clips it seems like Kawhi, Goerge and whichever guy steps up.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two seven games series end with overtime games. Clips come back from and 0-2 deficit twice. This has to be a great post-season for NBA basketball.

I agree, you would have to tie me to a chair and tape my eyelids open to get me to watch a 76ers/Hawks game, but watch I did. Watched the Nets/Bucks too, mainly hoping for the Nets to lose.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I agree, you would have to tie me to a chair and tape my eyelids open to get me to watch a 76ers/Hawks game, but watch I did. Watched the Nets/Bucks too, mainly hoping for the Nets to lose.
I told my son that watching the 76ers/Hawks game was like watching paint dry! OMG! I could see the Hawks beat the Bucks just because the Bucks have these long stretches in their games where you wonder if they can ever get a bucket again!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Clippers at full health are not better than us anymore. Those days are over. We have a record to prove it.
Let Kawai come back half power, no skin off my back.
This series is over.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah...I hate to admit it but that is probably the case. Kawhi is that good.

On paper though I will take CP3, Booker and the way Ayton is playing. For the Clips it seems like Kawhi, Goerge and whichever guy steps up.

I think we have a lot of x-factor guys too. Too many to mention in fact

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers at full health are not better than us anymore. Those days are over. We have a record to prove it.
This series is over.

:stick:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This series is over.

:stick:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm borrowing this tweet. Chris Paul intends to return for Game 3. Let's grind out another win!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's add this tweet as well. Chris Paul has cleared health and safety protocols.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A mask for Devin Booker?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup I’ve watched almost all the playoffs this year. That’s nuts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were all hoping for a miracle Monty.

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

Monty on if he had faith on that final lob play: "I think God is more concerned with how we deal with both -- winning and losing. But I was praying. My shirt was wet and I was just thinking to myself, like Lord, please let me have (this)." #Suns

1:28 PM · Jun 23, 2021·Twitter Web App

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA