Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are right back at it again on Thursday playing the Clippers at the Staples Center in Los Angeles for Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals.

Phoenix has won nine games in a row.

The game will be televised on ESPN.

Start time is listed at 6 p.m. Arizona time.

Let's keep it rolling!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of wishful thoughts. I hope Chris Paul can return for Game 3 and Devin Booker's nose is not broken.

We should find out tomorrow about at least one of them.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The clips gave it their best shot in the 2 games here and now find themselves playing a team with 9 playoff victories in a row and who are a very good road team, and oh yeah, it looks like CP3 is returning. How am I doing? Better than I deserve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm borrowing this tweet from the Game 2 thread.

There is optimism in the Suns organization that Chris Paul can return for Game 3 on Thursday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if books nose isn’t broken. As someone who’s broken his nose a couple of times, that swelling looks like classic broken nose.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll be shocked if books nose isn’t broken. As someone who’s broken his nose a couple of times, that swelling looks like classic broken nose.

I was watching his post game presser and he was told by the training staff it wasn't broken when he was getting it stitched but he didn't see it himself until after the game and he said it looks awfully crooked not to be broken. It looked pretty bad in that video also.

Its 4:08 in the video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s as simple as this:

A win Thursday and the path to the title is as clear as it can be.

A loss and we have a series with the Clippers

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

my daughter who plays high school ball had her nose broken on a loose ball. She had it snapped back into place. his nose is broken for sure.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep say it every time.
Biggest game of the season coming up.
A must win.
Boy George gonna be pissed.
Time to take the Clippers hearts, cant give them any hope.
Would feel a little better with a Point God in the lineup.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep say it every time.
Biggest game of the season coming up.
A must win.
Boy George gonna be pissed.
Time to take the Clippers hearts, cant give them any hope.
Would feel a little better with a Point God in the lineup.

Every next game is an important game. We take this next game it will hurt them bad. They will continue to ride this we came back from an 0-2 thing so lets just send them to 0-3 and wait for the next excuse.

Already hearing it.. first game was a feel out.. second game was minor tweaks that almost got them the win. Now they have the formula to win..

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I expect the Clippers to come out with a flurry to start this game. Suns just have to stay composed and stay in the game early. They have a real opportunity to really step on the Clippers throat in this game.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to say this...The Clippers showed a lot of grit. They did everything they could do to pull it out. They made key shots...even resorted to trickery at times. The Suns are the better team and I think they know it that's why they tried everything. But now that loss took a lot of wind out of their sails....emotionally and otherwise. They have to win the next 4-5 games...a monumental task against a superior team. But let's just hope we get the next win against a team thats shown a lot of heart.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I just love the fact that Suns/Clips will be on Game 3, when the East is just starting game 1. No matter, what, the West winner will have some extra rest heading into the NBA Finals.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just love the fact that Suns/Clips will be on Game 3, when the East is just starting game 1. No matter, what, the West winner will have some extra rest heading into the NBA Finals.

Thought they same thing myself.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Suns/Hawks Finals. A Booker/Young shootout would be some exciting basketball!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Whatever the NBA is lacking with All-Stars and injuries in the playoffs, it’s more than making up with some of the CRAZIEST games and finishes ever.
This right here is what is wrong with super teams. They remove/lessen the possibility of having these types of games and series. Sure a team with KD, Kyrie and Harden will get great ratings, but with all of them healthy they will kill the competitiveness of the league and maybe even cause games like last night to go a little under the radar.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This right here is what is wrong with super teams. They remove/lessen the possibility of having these types of games and series. Sure a team with KD, Kyrie and Harden will get great ratings, but with all of them healthy they will kill the competitiveness of the league and maybe even cause games like last night to go a little under the radar.

I think the NBA is realizing the Super Teams are actually bad for the league. You want to go into a season with at least a handful of teams that have a legit shot. You can't have 5 straight years of Cavs/Warriors where everyone knows the finals before the preseason starts. When you literally have teams planning and strategizing "we can't beat the Warriors, so might as well tank for 3 years"...its just bad.

I think we are going to see a return to more competitive teams across the league, because a lot of the Young Guns have already decided to stay with their current squads rather than game the system and get easy wins like Lebron did.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't have trouble with superteams per say but allowing teams to go over the salary cap to do it is where I find fault. There should be a hard cap in the league. If a team wants to blow all their money on three players with no bench then hey go for it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't have trouble with superteams per say but allowing teams to go over the salary cap to do it is where I find fault. There should be a hard cap in the league. If a team wants to blow all their money on three players with no bench then hey go for it.
I would be cool with a soft cap followed by a hard cap (in place if the luxury tax threshold). This way the same rules stay in place as far as going over the cap (only having a couple exceptions to use as well as vet minimums), but they couldn't stretch it in a way that they simply pay a bunch of luxury tax in order to win a title.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

In my conspiracy laden mind, this is exactly why the NBA tried to hard to give the Clippers a win.

if our series is short, and the Eastern Conference Finals is long, the Suns could have a looooong break before the Finals.

The NBA no doubt is hoping that our series goes long, and the ECF is short, so they both finish up at around the same time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 will play this game IMO. Likely be rusty but he will add a calm to this team. Don't get me wrong. Guys have stepped up and we got a couple wins but one thing that is glaring to me is how often the Suns seem to be pressing at times during games. Chris simply provides that extra when it comes to critical moments in games. I think Chris is the difference between having a 10 point win verses a 6 or 1 point win.

Plus Chris's timely defense even at 36 can't be ignored.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welcome back paul oh welcome back musically notes lol

Any news on leonard status?

Man im fing exhausted like 4 hrs zzs maybe but today feels amazing watched ayton epic god like dunk 20 plus times!!! Fin wow

Suns and suns fan's are due!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose