Clippers @ Suns Tuesday WCF game thread 6-22-2021 - Game 2

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not going for a championship of anything but I can tell you when I broke my nose and had a concussion playing football, I was never the same player. Granted it was only a base team in the in the Air Force but I was never the same.

Heck I tried to play a game wearing a sweat band once and I think I killed a cheerleader.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess you have an excuse for the head butt on Booker as well.
I guess you have a better eye than I do for intentional headbutting. I watched the tv just like you did..and didn't see a lunge forward for such intent. If you did...so be it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And it could easily cost us a championship. How many shooters struggle after donning a face mask to protect the nose?
Yup. You can’t estimate how much this might negatively impact book the rest of the playoffs. We’ve had to withstand the Paul shoulder, Paul Covid, and now book has to deal with this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you have a better eye than I do for intentional headbutting. I watched the tv just like you did..and didn't see a lunge forward for such intent. If you did...so be it.

It's not just that one play. He took out Payne by hitting from the side in a tackle type play. After awhile I don't believe in coincidence.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If that had happened in a pickup game I'd have given the defender the benefit of the doubt. But these guys are some of the greatest athletes in the world, it's unlikely that kind of contact would be anything but intentional. Possible but unlikely. And then you consider that Beverly has repeatedly earned his reputation as the dirtiest player in the game and all doubt should be removed. Bruce Bowen wishes he could be as dirty as Patrick.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t get what Bridges shot the three ball before the valley oop play. I get he was open for the shot but he had a wide open lane to the rim. Take a better percentage shot. I know we won who cares.. but he should have taken it to the rim.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not just that one play. He took out Payne by hitting from the side in a tackle type play. After awhile I don't believe in coincidence.
That's fine. I get that. He's out there playing tough. It's his job and emotion is a real thing. Especially the playoffs. That's what I saw. I also don't mistake the fact that it's his job to play with that intensity. I think both teams realize that about him. Like I said...I'm old school. Street ball makes it fun for me. I need to see more than those two plays to get upset or worked up. Jmo

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
D Book didn’t have a stat stuffer game but his presence and his hard nose tuffness and tenacity is a huge factor on this team! And Beverly is a dirty little cheap shot artist. Book played hurt and hard and had a bad game but still had 29 important points and the pick that won the game…

I think you're looking at Payne's stats but I'm with ya.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Anytime you want to disrespect another man when arguing , pat(no pun) him on the head like a child. Glad Jae kept his cool on that , but not sure why that’s not a T on Beverly.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t get what Bridges shot the three ball before the valley oop play. I get he was open for the shot but he had a wide open lane to the rim. Take a better percentage shot. I know we won who cares.. but he should have taken it to the rim.

I don't blame him. He's young and someone who doesn't have a lot of plays drawn up for him. The clock was low so he took the first look he had, which was really good. It just didn't go his way. He's not the type to put the ball on the floor regularly and isn't great at fighting through contact, which there would have been.

After that miss there was .9 seconds left, so he didn't have time to second guess in that moment. Take what they give you.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I haven't been through the whole thread but did you guys see this exchange from EJ during the game?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose