Clippers @ Suns Sunday WCF game thread 6-20-2021 - Game 1

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do we think we’ll deal with this? Start Payne and bring Moore off the bench? Or stick to a tighter rotation?

I think it will be how Monty wants to match-up with Reggie Jackson. Monty is one not tinker with rotations though. If he thinks Moore can handle Jackson I wouldn't be surprised if he starts.

I can also see Monty throwing a curve ball and starting a forward next to Booker the way the Clippers like to play forwards.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Just need Payne to go in with a distributor mindset while still providing that energy and we should be able to keep some flow to our offense.

Payne needs to continue playing like he has. Start Moore to be a distributor. Keep the rotation pretty close to the same except let Payne close things out if its close.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ETwaun Moore is a very good player who has been sitting on our bench. So is Langston Galloway. Time for them to step up.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get some are worried about going into this without CP3 but I think we are fine. CP3 and Monty has taught this team a lot and they grown a lot. At the beginning of the season they realized how good they can be. With that they develop bad habits of playing to a bad teams level or letting teams back in when they have a big lead but as the season went they grew. They had a banged up leader in the first round and got through that. They have learned how to close out games and series.

I honestly believe they are built for this and can handle it until CP3 is back. They have shown they can handle the bright lights and big stage. They have shown that they can control a game now. They can take a big lead and hold the gas pedal down instead of letting teams back. They have the experience of having games go down to the wire and closing it out from the regular season.

This team with CP3 will always be better but without him they are still a good team. In the Lakers series CP3 was pretty much there for them mentally. Now this is a test for them without him there physically and mentally. If they are built for it which I believe.. this will just strengthen their bond, help them grow more and just make them even better.

With my ranting done lets go out and get this win. We are hurt but we are still hungry. Smell blood in the water and go eat. Keep the gas pedal down and keep that foot on their throat. Oh and have a great father’s day to everyone. Going into the cave early today. Lets get it!

You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Better respect the Clippers there really good even without Kawhi

this is going to be interesting. Good teams don’t adjust to you they make you adjust your them.

cam Payne needs to play like Payne in the Lakers series and just attack that rim all day long.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I get some are worried about going into this without CP3 but I think we are fine. CP3 and Monty has taught this team a lot and they grown a lot. At the beginning of the season they realized how good they can be. With that they develop bad habits of playing to a bad teams level or letting teams back in when they have a big lead but as the season went they grew. They had a banged up leader in the first round and got through that. They have learned how to close out games and series.

I honestly believe they are built for this and can handle it until CP3 is back. They have shown they can handle the bright lights and big stage. They have shown that they can control a game now. They can take a big lead and hold the gas pedal down instead of letting teams back. They have the experience of having games go down to the wire and closing it out from the regular season.

This team with CP3 will always be better but without him they are still a good team. In the Lakers series CP3 was pretty much there for them mentally. Now this is a test for them without him there physically and mentally. If they are built for it which I believe.. this will just strengthen their bond, help them grow more and just make them even better.

With my ranting done lets go out and get this win. We are hurt but we are still hungry. Smell blood in the water and go eat. Keep the gas pedal down and keep that foot on their throat. Oh and have a great father’s day to everyone. Going into the cave early today. Lets get it!

Looks like the cave in the Alien remake. Sorry for bringing that up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty on Chris Paul being out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty on Chris Paul being out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Love a coach with a "is what it is" attitude... Keeping the guys in the moment, focusing on what they can control. That's a team I can be proud of regardless the outcome. That being said.....lets get some, fellas!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose