Suns @ Nuggets Friday Playoff game thread 6-11-2021 - Game 3

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
When we face the Jazz (yeah I said it) the Conley factor will be huge. If Jordan Clarkson is guarding Paul I’d feel really good about our chances. The way he manipulates the defense and hits that high arching pull up can be a problem for Gobert. You kinda saw some of it in the regular season but Quin Snyder will dive into that film and come up with something smart.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He comes off incredibly likeable in that video. Hats off to the kid. He's been a revelation defensively. I don't think anyone in the NBA is capable of playing Jokic better. Bravo DA.

Devin Booker and Chris Paul both took time to praise the play of Ayton. A lot of the work he does goes unnoticed.

Paul even mentioned him setting screens for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we face the Jazz (yeah I said it) the Conley factor will be huge. If Jordan Clarkson is guarding Paul I’d feel really good about our chances. The way he manipulates the defense and hits that high arching pull up can be a problem for Gobert. You kinda saw some of it in the regular season but Quin Snyder will dive into that film and come up with something smart.

Thinking about the Suns in the Western Conference Finals... that's some heavy stuff.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is why he should not be the MVP in my opinion. Great pla

exactly my thought. MVPs do
He carried that team down the stretch of the regular season and over Portland. He just came up against a much better team. Anyone questioning if jokic makes his teammates better doesn’t watch any Denver games except these suns games and might not have the greatest b-ball IQ.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Malone is a dead man talking:

“I don’t want us to go out quietly in Game 4.”
He’s got no buttons left to push and he’s fired all his bullets. The only thing he’s got left is to pull out the old fake RockRidge town with cutouts of Murray and jerami grant and Alex English.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol got to keep this train going. How did we look? In control the whole time like the game wasn’t going to slip away? Did Denver show any signs of fight or have they thrown in the towel?
Bolted to a 21-9 lead. Let them creep to within 4 at half. Came out blazing in third and pushed lead to 14. They may have cut it to 7 thereafter. But eventually pushed to 20 and Denver cried uncle. Just a dominant series so far.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
. Anyone questioning if jokic makes his teammates better doesn’t watch any Denver games except these suns games and might not have the greatest b-ball IQ.
Is this coming from someone who watches alot of Denver games?!

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thank God James Jones didnt sign Ibaka like I wanted him to. Dude was on the shelf all year and now is officially done with back surgery.

Crowder has to be the best MLE signing of last offseason at this point, right?

Looking like a steal.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team is dee
Dario Saric with 7 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 10 minutes.

Cam Payne with 9 points, 3 assists and 2 steals in 17 minutes.
This team is deep. At least 9 guys making significant contributions in these playoffs. During ssol, our offense would go to poo when Nash got a rest, but this team just continues to execute methodically no matter who is on the floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Suns coaches do a good job of preparing the team for the defense thrown at them.

Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

Chris Paul said the Suns coaches do a great job of preparing the players for all the defenses that teams can throw at them and that attention to detail hasn't changed all season.

10:14 PM · Jun 11, 2021·TweetDeck
After reading that article about all the variations our offense runs I’m now really keying in on our sets. They’re really prettt incredible. And the variation is fairly mind boggling. It’s just a lot of pick and roll. It’s a ton of screens coming from different angles and players with the players having different pin downs or flares that create alternative passing lanes. It all works bc Paul and book can kill those midrange shots. But it’s really a sophisticated offense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After reading that article about all the variations our offense runs I’m now really keying in on our sets. They’re really prettt incredible. And the variation is fairly mind boggling. It’s just a lot of pick and roll. It’s a ton of screens coming from different angles and players with the players having different pin downs or flares that create alternative passing lanes. It all works bc Paul and book can kill those midrange shots. But it’s really a sophisticated offense.
Ayton’s gotten so much better at setting picks and Paul is a master at using them. I remember all those times watching Brandon Knight break the wrong way off picks from his big man. This is so refreshing to watch.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Okay... I’m calling my shot now.

Booker ends this series on Sunday with his first ever buzzer beating game winner.

Are you talking about beating the buzzer to end the first quarter? Because I find it unlikely there will be any starters on the court to end the game. This is the most lopsided series I've ever seen the Suns play in, the Nuggets simply offer no defensive resistance. It never felt like any game was ever in doubt since the 2nd half of game 1.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose