Total Dark-Side Thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Kingsbury gets fired, Brian Daboll will be available and runs a 10 personnel heavy scheme with arguably a less talented offensive line.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If Kingsbury gets fired, Brian Daboll will be available and runs a 10 personnel heavy scheme with arguably a less talented offensive line.
Hm... They use Jared Allen more like the Ravens use Lamar Jackson. K1 thinks that his legs should be a "luxury." Kyler (who would be effectively in charge of the hiring, IMO) would likely as Michael to move heaven and earth to get Lincoln Riley here.

I wonder what would happen if we brought in a defensive coach and Bill Bedenbaugh.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hm... They use Jared Allen more like the Ravens use Lamar Jackson. K1 thinks that his legs should be a "luxury." Kyler (who would be effectively in charge of the hiring, IMO) would likely as Michael to move heaven and earth to get Lincoln Riley here.

I wonder what would happen if we brought in a defensive coach and Bill Bedenbaugh.
Who Allen

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If KK gets fired I would love to see the Cards get Todd Bowles as their HC. IMO he got a bad deal as HC with the Jets. He would build the Cards defense to be one of the best n the NFL and I'm sure he could find a good OC for Kyler. Just my two cents.
I wouldn't hate Bowles as a HC. I am hesitant about any defensive HC but I think he would be ok. The cautionary tales are Zimmer, Fangio, and Bowles (the first time).

Since 2010, 6 of the 12 have been offensively focused HCs. 3 of 12 defensively minded. 1 ST. Also helps if you have a HOF QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wouldn't hate Bowles as a HC. I am hesitant about any defensive HC but I think he would be ok. The cautionary tales are Zimmer, Fangio, and Bowles (the first time).

Since 2010, 6 of the 12 have been offensively focused HCs. 3 of 12 defensively minded. 1 ST. Also helps if you have a HOF QB.
Hasn’t Zimmer done pretty well?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Never know who Keim will hire next as head coach.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It all depends on the feelings he has when he sees the coach on the beach I think.
Oh I forgot the beach story. Was it Wilks that met Keim on a beach and Keim thought "that's my man"? Keim and his co even sold that story to Rappoport like they found the next Tony Dungy.

https://tenor.com/bcuFO.gif

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hasn’t Zimmer done pretty well?
If you ask a Vikings fan, no. I know a bunch and watch a lot of their games. They are competitive but feel the same as Seattle fans right now. Destined for an early exit in the playoffs because they are trying to sit on the ball and win playing great defense. Tough thing to do with today's rules.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never know who Keim will hire next as head coach.

Keim will also be on the hot seat. Bidwill will have a major role in who the next HC will be. More so than Keim if he is still GM.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you change head coach it is obviously to get something new, so I would not go the route of a young, offensive, innovative, quarterback-guru (cough couch, Lincoln Riley, cough). Instead, I would target a team builder over a good play caller.

I would look to the college ranks again.

David Shaw from Stanford has been a popular name with NFL teams for many years, and even though his teams have done a little worse the last couple of years, I would still see him as a major coup to get as a head coach.

Matt Campbell from Iowa State was reportedly highly recruited by several NFL teams in the last two or three hiring cycles. He is a team builder first and foremost. A leader of coaches and players. He has had big success with “only” two minor college programs, yet, as I mentioned, are still very coveted which I guess should tell you something.

Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern has done a lot of the same as Campbell – been a highly successful architect of a very good program. Some years ago, both the Bears and the Packers wanted him.

My longshot joker would be Dabo Swinney from Clemson for the only reason that him and Steve Keim are very close friends. If they need to change coach, I doubt that Keim would be the one to make the hire, but I guess that is one of the reasons that this is my longshot choice.

P.S. From the NFL, my favorite would be Todd Bowles.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you change head coach it is obviously to get something new, so I would not go the route of a young, offensive, innovative, quarterback-guru (cough couch, Lincoln Riley, cough). Instead, I would target a team builder over a good play caller.

I would look to the college ranks again.

David Shaw from Stanford has been a popular name with NFL teams for many years, and even though his teams have done a little worse the last couple of years, I would still see him as a major coup to get as a head coach.

Matt Campbell from Iowa State was reportedly highly recruited by several NFL teams in the last two or three hiring cycles. He is a team builder first and foremost. A leader of coaches and players. He has had big success with “only” two minor college programs, yet, as I mentioned, are still very coveted which I guess should tell you something.

Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern has done a lot of the same as Campbell – been a highly successful architect of a very good program. Some years ago, both the Bears and the Packers wanted him.

My longshot joker would be Dabo Swinney from Clemson for the only reason that him and Steve Keim are very close friends. If they need to change coach, I doubt that Keim would be the one to make the hire, but I guess that is one of the reasons that this is my longshot choice.

P.S. From the NFL, my favorite would be Todd Bowles.
No. His QBs seem to get worse.