Hate to do this but...Nets

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a lot more than that. 94% of teams that win the first two advance.

Like I said, I like our chances. But that number doesn't change anything, all we've done is hold serve. Which means that if Denver does the same thing, protects it's home court, we'll be tied again and those percentages will drop considerably. We'll still be favored but that's to be expected, we are the 2 seed facing the 3 seed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we helped make up the 6% of teams that lost by choking away 2-0 leads to the Rockets in back to back years in the mid 90's. Ill feel much more comfortable after securing a win in Denver.

Yep. And yeah, give me a win in Denver and I'll go from being upbeat about our chances to being confident in the outcome.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. And yeah, give me a win in Denver and I'll go from being upbeat about our chances to being confident in the outcome.

I know this team is totally different than those Suns teams but as a fan having watched those series, I'll never forget those series. They keep me from counting a series as over before it is.

For something more recent, Denver came back from 2 series last year after being down 1-3. They've been in positions like this before so I'm not sure how someone can write them off already. I know they had Murray last year but they didn't have Gordon. Its not like they collapsed during the season without Murray either, they had a better winning percentage after he went down than they had with him to that point.

This series isn't over, not yet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I like our chances. But that number doesn't change anything, all we've done is hold serve. Which means that if Denver does the same thing, protects it's home court, we'll be tied again and those percentages will drop considerably. We'll still be favored but that's to be expected, we are the 2 seed facing the 3 seed.

I'm never confident until it's over but if the Suns hold serve they win the series.

I have a lot of respect for the Denver team but I'm not a fan of how the Nuggets head coach criticizes the play of their players.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this team is totally different than those Suns teams but as a fan having watched those series, I'll never forget those series. They keep me from counting a series as over before it is.

For something more recent, Denver came back from 2 series last year after being down 1-3. They've been in positions like this before so I'm not sure how someone can write them off already. I know they had Murray last year but they didn't have Gordon. Its not like they collapsed during the season without Murray either, they had a better winning percentage after he went down than they had with him to that point.

It isn’t over yet, but if the Suns go up 3-1 it is. The Suns team is quite disciplined. It’s odd. They are emotional but not wildly so, and when things go bad they stay focused. When they get big leads they might give some of it back but rarely all of it.

we need to get one of these next two games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm never confident until it's over but if the Suns hold serve they win the series.

I have a lot of respect for the Denver team but I'm not a fan of how the Nuggets head coach criticizes the play of their players.

I'm not a fan of calling your players out like that either but I don't know them (or him) well enough to know if it was the right move (for motivation) or if the guy is just a jerk or somewhere in between. Also, I am equally dismayed by the opposite approach, that being the coach who always takes the blame when it's clear the players failed to step up. Neither approach works long term IMO.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hoping bucks come back take nets to 7 gms wear them down

But in a way pulling for nash to get a ring if suns don't get out of west jazz are looking powerful with mitchell gobert 20 boards wow plus clipps leonard george ugh....

Playoffs are soooooooo freakin stressful just glad suns showing signs of success

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of calling your players out like that either but I don't know them (or him) well enough to know if it was the right move (for motivation) or if the guy is just a jerk or somewhere in between. Also, I am equally dismayed by the opposite approach, that being the coach who always takes the blame when it's clear the players failed to step up. Neither approach works long term IMO.
MPJ was clearly one of the players. That kid has such a pouty face. On the court those players looked frustrated and dismayed. Not sure he helped them. When what you are doing does not work, having your coach tell you its not him and you just have to work harder kinda rings hollow.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MPJ was clearly one of the players. That kid has such a pouty face. On the court those players looked frustrated and dismayed. Not sure he helped them. When what you are doing does not work, having your coach tell you its not him and you just have to work harder kinda rings hollow.

Not to mention he was already the pouty type. Last years playoffs he complained about not being a bigger part of the offense

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And MPJ is playing with a messed up back, more so than usual. He was a game time decision. I can understand Malone being upset but he kept an ineffective MPJ out there that long and then blamed him, indirectly, for his performance.

Can you imagine if Vogel tried putting blame on AD in game 6 when he clearly shouldn't have been out there? MPJ wasnt as bad but he should have been sat much earlier than he was. It was clear that he was hurting them more than helping and couldn't move right.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And we helped make up the 6% of teams that lost by choking away 2-0 leads to the Rockets in back to back years in the mid 90's. Ill feel much more comfortable after securing a win in Denver.

If the same players play there is no chance in hell Denver wins 4 out of 5. I actually would be shocked if they can win more than 1.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is much easier to do when you are playing all your games in a neutral site with no fans.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
If the Nets are healthy and clicking...they're easily the best team in the NBA. I think the only way to beat them is to play uber aggressive and keep them flustered, and also hope that you're shooting lights out to stand a chance.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If the Nets are healthy and clicking...they're easily the best team in the NBA. I think the only way to beat them is to play uber aggressive and keep them flustered, and also hope that you're shooting lights out to stand a chance.

And that they're missing. Nets other than Durant were 5-24 from three last game.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would rather play Brooklyn than Philadelphia. I assume Harden will be hurt or limited.

Brooklyn lacks perimeter defense to frustrate our offensive execution. Philadelphia has Simmons and Thybulle to harass Paul and Booker.

I think Embiid is a more difficult lift for Ayton than even Joker has been (where he has acquitted himself quite well); I think Embiid could get DA in foul trouble. Durant and Kyrie are tough to contain on offense, but we have good wing defenders and DA in the paint. I think our bench is better, particularly with Dario re-discovering his form. I also think Nash is leaning on Durant and Kyrie a lot and they could run out of gas by the Finals.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think both teams have more talent than we do but the gap isn't much between us and the 76ers. If we have a solid performance we can beat Philadelphia but they become very beatable if they lose Embiid which is on the calendar for any day now. Brooklyn beat us without Durant, Harden and a few critical role players.

It's clear to all that we are a much better team with a healthy Paul. If I had to choose between playing a full Nets team with a healthy Paul or playing the 76ers without CP, I'd still choose Philadelphia.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think both teams have more talent than we do but the gap isn't much between us and the 76ers. If we have a solid performance we can beat Philadelphia but they become very beatable if they lose Embiid which is on the calendar for any day now. Brooklyn beat us without Durant, Harden and a few critical role players.

It's clear to all that we are a much better team with a healthy Paul. If I had to choose between playing a full Nets team with a healthy Paul or playing the 76ers without CP, I'd still choose Philadelphia.

(again assuming Harden’s hamstring limits him)

Paul/Booker is only slightly less talented than Durant/Kyrie, especially with Paul in clutch killer mode.

We absolutely crush the Nets in talent 3-9.

Ayton/Bridges/Cams/Jae/Craig/Dario is just leaps and bounds better than Joe Harris, old Blake, Bruce Brown, Shamet, and the rest.

We have more overall talent than the Nets with a limited Harden.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

regular season = DOES NOT MATTER

look at how we are playing now when the games matter: it is night and day.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Clippers or Jazz. If I had to choose right now--Clippers. It does not matter how we matched up in the regular season. The one reason I would want the Clips over Jazz is home court.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So. Clippers or Jazz. If I had to choose right now--Clippers. It does not matter how we matched up in the regular season. The one reason I would want the Clips over Jazz is home court.

Agreed. Having the extra home game with our insane HCA, and the difference in crowd intensity between LA and Utah is worth a lot. Utah is also probably a slightly better team, even though we match up better with Utah, I prefer the Clippers.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul george can go off but right now there is some consistency issuses so yea maybe paperclips lol barkley

Jazz just sooooooo scary murray lookin like book and gobert beast center could contain ayton

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s basically a toss up between clips and jazz.

just hoping clips win today to extend the series.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose