Suns @ Nuggets Friday Playoff game thread 6-11-2021 - Game 3

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On to Denver for Game 3 on Friday night at Ball Arena.

The Suns also play Game 4 at the same location on Sunday.

The game will be televised on ESPN.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

Let's keep it going!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Nuggets are considering going bigger against the Suns in Game 3.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless I am reading the playoff stats incorrectly here is why the Suns will have a shot to get there:

• Opp FG% - Suns #1 in the playoffs (41.9%)
  • Opp 3-PT % - Suns #1 in the playoffs (31.1%)
  • Pts Allowed - Suns #1 in the playoffs (98.5 points)
  • FGM - Suns #1 in the playoffs (35.6)
The Suns are literally, so far, the best defensive team in the playoffs. Who here would have ever called this through the first two rounds let alone a Phoenix Suns team?!?!?

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Unless I am reading the playoff stats incorrectly here is why the Suns will have a shot to get there:

• Opp FG% - Suns #1 in the playoffs (41.9%)
  • Opp 3-PT % - Suns #1 in the playoffs (31.1%)
  • Pts Allowed - Suns #1 in the playoffs (98.5 points)
  • FGM - Suns #1 in the playoffs (35.6)
The Suns are literally, so far, the best defensive team in the playoffs. Who here would have ever called this through the first two rounds let alone a Phoenix Suns team?!?!?

Oh wow, that is crazy!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It looks like the Nuggets are considering going bigger against the Suns in Game 3.

That could be a challenge as either green or milsap provide a challenge to our smaller forwards. That said I am not worried about book guarding porter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Limits the ball handlers that can break down our defense, but most offense runs through jokic so it might not make a great difference to their offense other than banging inside.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else found themselves screaming certain words this season while cheering for the team?

for some reason I’ve adopted “BOOM!” as my go to. I have to imagine my neighbors think I’m crazy screaming that in joy repeatedly this season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Has anyone else found themselves screaming certain words this season while cheering for the team?

for some reason I’ve adopted “BOOM!” as my go to. I have to imagine my neighbors think I’m crazy screaming that in joy repeatedly this season.
You’re a dork

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Porter Jr. is PROBABLE.

P.J. Dozier is OUT.

Will Barton is not on the injury report.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MPJ is my biggest concern going forward. DEN coming back depends on him getting out of this funk. If we can bottle him up, DEN has no chance even with Jokic putting up MVP numbers.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MPJ is my biggest concern going forward. DEN coming back depends on him getting out of this funk. If we can bottle him up, DEN has no chance even with Jokic putting up MVP numbers.

His back was bothering last night - you can tell. An 80% or less MPJ isn't effective.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Suns will be ready for the Nuggets and haven't gotten complacent or overconfident after the first 2 games. We are the superior team but we need to continue playing like it.

Those who followed this team all season knows they have a bad habit of playing down to their opponents and I'm afraid that could happen in these next 2 games. The Nuggets are a better team than we've seen so far.

Playing in Denver and that elevation won't be easy. We need to start these games better than we have been because we won't have our crowd cheering us on and that elevation will gas our guys earlier than we're used to seeing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was in Vegas during the playoffs in 84 and was watching the game in the bar right next to the sports book (I think it was the Stardust) for our matchup against the Jazz. It was a quiet Sunday but midway through the 2nd quarter a group of young Jazz fans showed up. It was a back and forth game that we won in OT but every time the Jazz scored this guy would jump up and scream BOOM. I've never used the word since.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in Vegas during the playoffs in 84 and was watching the game in the bar right next to the sports book (I think it was the Stardust) for our matchup against the Jazz. It was a quiet Sunday but midway through the 2nd quarter a group of young Jazz fans showed up. It was a back and forth game that we won in OT but every time the Jazz scored this guy would jump up and scream BOOM. I've never used the word since.

ha! It’s only used to punctuate big runs at this point. I’m planning on silently using to annoy Ouchie this weekend since I’ve been told I can come down to watch Game 4, “but can’t get crazy.”

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha! It’s only used to punctuate big runs at this point. I’m planning on silently using to annoy Ouchie this weekend since I’ve been told I can come down to watch Game 4, “but can’t get crazy.”

Sounds like a workable plan. I can't imagine it not annoying him. But I can't imagine it staying "silent" if you're drinking a few during the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose