Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday Playoff game thread 6-9-2021 - Game 2

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WOW! Another amazing game. Crowd showed up again. We had a Dario sighting. An almost fight.

I had a blast, it was like watching an old school Globetrotters game. Just a straight up masterclass.

Was a point when I think Porter and a teammate fell in a heap on top of each other the whole stadium laughed.

We got something special here boys.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great win.

Nuggets need to sit Scarpacci.
Insert McGee

But I’m happy with them jacking up 3 after 3 lol

coach calling them out but no changes to the game plan

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its really hard to believe its Booker's first time in the playoffs. He's so poised. I know he let emotions get the better of him in the first 2 Laker games but since then he's been a stud.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Its really hard to believe its Booker's first time in the playoffs. He's so poised. I know he let emotions get the better of him in the first 2 Laker games but since then he's been a stud.
It's not just Book. Lots of first-timers and no one has shown signs of panic or nerves. Cam Payne, Bridges, Ayton, Cam Johnson... all of them have been playing as well (or better) as they have in the regular season... on BOTH ends of the floor.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just Book. Lots of first-timers and no one has shown signs of panic or nerves. Cam Payne, Bridges, Ayton, Cam Johnson... all of them have been playing as well (or better) as they have in the regular season... on BOTH ends of the floor.

It's almost like the coach of the year is coaching them

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is the first player with at least 15 PTS with 15 AST and 0 turnovers in a playoff game since himself in 2014. The time before that was also himself in 2008.

Last two games 26 assists and 2 turnovers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Or better yet.. the screwed over runner up coy that the team bust their ass for.
Good point. We may criticize him sometimes for timeouts or substitutions but man does he know how to get the players to buy in. Experience will take care of the rest, he has IT.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or better yet.. the screwed over runner up coy that the team bust their ass for.

No, he won Coach of the Year.... from his peers. I think that comes with a plaque instead of a trophy. Less press as well since the press had no say in it while they're the ones who select the NBA's official Coach of the Year.

I would think receiving the award from your peers would mean more to someone. I'm not just saying that as a Suns fan either.

Here's a link to that awards website. It was created in 2016 and this site gives a brief description of it and how only the 30 NBA head coaches cast ballots.

www.nbacoaches.com/michael-h-goldberg-coach-of-the-year-award/

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose