Cards sign CB Darqueze Dennard

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Former MSU Spartan and first round pick.. don’t think he has fared that well in the league.

Just 4 career picks in 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this isn’t their last move to cover the gaping hole at CB. Especially with so much cap space open in what we’re being told is the ALL IN season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He couldn’t beat out Dre Kirkpatrick over several years in Cincy, FWIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played mainly slot in Cincy so wouldn't.

He only moved to primarily outside last year.

Dennard is a decent player. The kind of quality depth that makes a good roster, and far better than any 4th CB we have had for a while.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PFF grade last year of 66, good for 45th overall

which would have lead all Cardinal CBs last year fwiw

Yeah, he's nothing great, but he is a veteran you can get by with - ala Kirkpatrick while hopefully one of the rookies gets ready to take the job.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were 121 cornerbacks played enough snaps to grade and he was #45. So he's not a bum.

I didn't say he was. But he is older and I would like one of the rookies to become a more permanent solution.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Good, shrewd signing.

The Cardinals have created a CB room with some solid vets (Butler and Dennard) and promising rooks. This sounds crazy, but if Alford rebounds to even adequate, this will be the best CB room the Cardinals have had in years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good, shrewd signing.

The Cardinals have created a CB room with some solid vets (Butler and Dennard) and promising rooks. This sounds crazy, but if Alford rebounds to even adequate, this will be the best CB room the Cardinals have had in years.

I like the way you think but I will wait to see it on the field. Cardinals were not getting much from Patrick Peterson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like the way you think but I will wait to see it on the field. Cardinals were not getting much from Patrick Peterson.

The Cardinals have three corners that graded decently last year (Butler, Murphy, and Dennard).

Two young corners with really good measureables. Usually those spots have been filled with fringe vets or rookie free agents. If one or both work out, Murphy and the young corners become the basis of group going forward.

And all of this while not spending a ton of coin. It's a money ball type of approach.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely crazy.

When was it better?

Last year was the Ghost of P2, Murphy, the rotting corpse of Dre Kirkpatrick, Kevin Peterson, Bausby/Whitaker for 1 game and the exhumed body of Jonathan Joseph. The year before was even worse with rookie Murphy mostly outside, P2 out 6 games, Tremaine Brock starting and Chris Jones and Kevin Peterson playing significant snaps.

This CB room is much better on paper.

Some people seem to have changed their whole outlook of this CB room because P2 was removed. I swear if P2 was still here those complaining would be saying it's a good room, but P2 has been trash since 2018.

And outside P2 in 2018 that CB room was even worse. Bene Benwikere, Jamar Taylor, David Amerson, Brandon Williams. Has any of them played a snap in the league since? :barf: