Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what happened when Chuck Harris tweeted how Kyler should be working out with QB coaches in the off season like Josh Allen did the first few years.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
This is what happened when Chuck Harris tweeted how Kyler should be working out with QB coaches in the off season like Josh Allen did the first few years.

He would risk his contract guarantees doing so. Qua your position in the other thread and the NFLs position he should never do so. Working out away from team facilities is not the way to go right now.

Its safer for him to play video games in the offseason...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I was wondering if Kyler was going to see that. Chuck got into it with Vic I think and I know Vic is connected to Kyler somehow.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He would risk his contract guarantees doing so. Qua your position in the other thread and the NFLs position he should never do so. Working out away from team facilities is not the way to go right now.

Its safer for him to play video games in the offseason...

Working out with QB coaches would be covered by the team, likely would need to be pre approved too.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is interesting that Michael Vick is a mentor for Kyler and that they both have generated some of the same concerns after a couple of seasons into their careers. (not in any way related to Vick's legal issues) People wondered about the long term viability of Vick's success based upon his style of play. Now, the same is being said about Kyler.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It is interesting that Michael Vick is a mentor for Kyler and that they both have generated some of the same concerns after a couple of seasons into their careers. (not in any way related to Vick's legal issues) People wondered about the long term viability of Vick's success based upon his style of play. Now, the same is being said about Kyler.

And yet, Murray got hit maybe 3 or 4 times when he ran last year.

I'm not worried about him getting hurt from running. That kid has a sixth sense about getting hit, and he'd probably be more successful in the short term if he took a bit more risk. His injuries last year took place on sacks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I'm not worried about him getting hurt from running. That kid has a sixth sense about getting hit, and he'd probably be more successful in the short term if he took a bit more risk. His injuries last year took place on sacks.
For me it isn't the injury risk. It is just tough to generate consistent offense with a QB who makes as many plays with his legs as he does with his arm. With Vick it was more about what can he do when you limit his ability to run than anything. Take away his first read and then wait for him to drop his eyes and look to run.

Kyler is a better passer than Vick already, but he needs to improve his reads (pre-snap and progression) and his throwing anticipation just like Vick did if he is going to be anything more than a novelty long term.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he needs to improve his reads (pre-snap and progression) and his throwing anticipation

This is the season right here.

For all the bluster about how great Kyler is he has been really poor in this area, and it's pretty crucial to success at the NFL level. There are many times where his pre snap reads are just bad. Where it's obvious where his primary target should be and he doesn't even look that way. To the point where I wondered if he was reading the defense at all or just throwing it where Kliff tells him to in the play call.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

His injury (shoulder) was on an ill-advised attempt at escaping up the middle.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the season right here.

For all the bluster about how great Kyler is he has been really poor in this area, and it's pretty crucial to success at the NFL level. There are many times where his pre snap reads are just bad. Where it's obvious where his primary target should be and he doesn't even look that way. To the point where I wondered if he was reading the defense at all or just throwing it where Kliff tells him to in the play call.

Kliff has said that it takes two seasons to master an "O" and most importantly the "D" that will counter it. KM had a total of 17 starts in College. This is the season when both phases should come together.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff has said that it takes two seasons to master an "O" and most importantly the "D" that will counter it. KM had a total of 17 starts in College. This is the season when both phases should come together.

I'm not even talking about the learning the intricacies of an offense (or defensive matchup). I'm talking basic stuff like. "I have 4 defenders shading Nuk, Arnold and Isabella on this side and Kirk on an Island with an 8 yard cushion on the other side. I probably shouldn't look to Nuk in double coverage as my first read on this crucial 3rd and 7". Yet he does.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'm not even talking about the learning the intricacies of an offense (or defensive matchup). I'm talking basic stuff like. "I have 4 defenders shading Nuk, Arnold and Isabella on this side and Kirk on an Island with an 8 yard cushion on the other side. I probably shouldn't look to Nuk in double coverage as my first read on this crucial 3rd and 7". Yet he does.
Well that sure makes it sound so simple. But presnap isn't important as after the snap. On your play above what if the corner that is over nuk blitz's? And if the safety blitz's as well. Then your presnap read didn't tell you anything. These defensive coordinators are pretty smart too they disguise their plays as well.

I might add that Kurt Warner stated it's an epidemic in the NFL that QBs are going with their presnap read and throwing the ball there instead of reading key players to determine the best pass options.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well that sure makes it sound so simple. But presnap isn't important as after the snap. On your play above what if the corner that is over nuk blitz's? And if the safety blitz's as well. Then your presnap read didn't tell you anything. These defensive coordinators are pretty smart too they disguise their plays as well.

I might add that Kurt Warner stated it's an epidemic in the NFL that QBs are going with their presnap read and throwing the ball there instead of reading key players to determine the best pass options.

They are both important, but you have to do one before the other. If you can't get pre snap right you definitely aren't going to get post snap right.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They are both important, but you have to do one before the other. If you can't get pre snap right you definitely aren't going to get post snap right.

But if pre-snap is a disguise how do you get post-snap right consistently?

Warner's approach of keying on the tendencies of critical defenders got him to the Hall of Fame.

It's also based on preparation (film study) and experience.

KK says the ability to read, via experience, defensive tendencies is the last point in QB maturation and takes a season longer than being able to fully implement an offensive playbook.

Season three for KM will tell (or strongly indicate) the tale of his true potential as a franchise QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose